[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a band more overrated by "patricians" than Tame Impala

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: salad.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
salad.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
pic unrelated
>>
>>68288536
tame impala and grimes pretty much take the cake for that
>>
I've never met a patrician or even paeudo patrician like an avant teen champion Lame Impala. They make watered down psych pop for teenagers. Radiohead tier. Nobody thinks they're art.
>>
the fuck did you say?
>>
>>68289692
phenomenal post

i always just tell fans of Tame Impala to listen to Olivia Tremor Control
>>
>>68289692
there used to be a thread every day with anons talking about how lonerism is the best album of all time/the modern day beatles/lots of other hyperbolic bullshit
>>
>>68289692
Tame Impala is good, if not immensely interesting, psych pop. Mediocre and, sure, overrated.

Radiohead's music though mostly deserves its status as high art. No point in arguing subjectives (e.g. who is better), but there's certainly more experimentation, innovation, and dynamism in Radiohead's music than in Impala's.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 500x500px
>>68289750
It's not pleb to like pop music.

It is however in the literal sense pleb to analyze and gush about the supposed high brow value of pop and act as if it somehow breaking ground.

I cringed the whole time reading your post. You really come off as someone with very little self awareness, like most teenage tame impala/ radiohead redditors.
>>
>>68289750
I'd say you're pushing it

Radiohead had a very artsy period that was phenomenal for their output, but they really started slagging as they limped in with Hail to the Thief and from there it's gone very far down. Not that The King of Limbs or In Rainbows are really bad, but they're not anywhere near Amnesiac/Kid A.

Haven't listened to the newest one because i really have no interest
>>
>>68289794
Anon's post wasn't cringeworthy in the slightest. Your own differs in this regard.
>>
Radiohead
Neutral Milk Hotel
Bjork
Animal Collective
Captain Beefheart
Beach Boys
Slint
American Football

Not that Tame Impala is better, they're just on par
>>
>>68289863
Please tell me you're baiting if you think they're on par than Beefheart and the Beach Boys
>>
>>68289863
for the most part, this isn't wrong

it was just adding in Beefheart and Slint and probably Bjork that you went too far
>>
>>68289813
Just as I wouldn't judge the quality an author of a great book based on the sum total of his books, I'm not too worried about a band dropping off. If you produce a work of brilliance (or just something very good), you get props from me. People always apply this critique to bands and not to other types of artists. Who's gonna be like Picasso was alright but that shit he made in the 50s sucked so he's not that great. Also I though In Rainbows and the latest were quite good.

>>68289794
I'm hardly gushing and I'm hardly alone in my opinion. Many a respected literary journal/periodical has said the same (not that that makes me right). If you're implying that pop can never be innovative, or that it is always low-brow, I would say that is a very boring and conservative worldview, not to mention wrong.
>>
The Caretaker
>>
>>68289692

It's ok to like Tame Impala, just don't treat them like a highly relevant or groundbreaking band.
>>
>>68290105
pretty much this.
>>
>>68288536
> Name a band more overrated by "patricians" than Tame Impala
You have never observed nor met nor spoken to a patrician in your entire life.
>>
>>68290245
I have. I was there when Cicero was killed and his land taken. Right after he said, "There is nothing proper about what you are doing, soldier, but do try to kill me properly," he asked if he could listen to Kid A one more time before he was killed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.