[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 23

File: 1461034139300.jpg (85KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1461034139300.jpg
85KB, 600x398px
>It sounds warmer.
>You appreciate music more if you actually go through the effort if looking for it. Having all of your music available at the click of a button has had a detrimental effect of people's appreciation of music.
>Vinyl actually encourages you to listen to the full album in its proper trackorder instead of being a pleb who only listens to single songs.
>You're using a Crosley? With NO COUNTERWEIGHT?!?!?! Have fun ruining all of your records.
>Vinyl is killing the mp3 industry!
>Life has surface noise!
>Wow you sure are a butthurt poorfag about the fact you can't afford vinyl. Sour grapes much?
>I just like collecting it for the artwork.
>It's just a """"""""""""""""""""hobby"""""""""""""""""""" I don't know why you're so upset.
>>
You gotta admit tho, owning the album art the size vinyl sleeves are printed just feels right
>>
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!
>>
>>68283606
why are you so upset, my man?
>>
>>68283606
>>68283387

this you op
>>
>>68283606
>falling for the oversized CD meme
I own original pre-master tape of every recording from the last 80 years.
>>
>it just "feels right"
>>
>>68283606

>being this rectally devastated.
>>
>>68283705
lel
>>
>>68283606
Lol. Sorry you can't afford the music medium of the gods.

Poorfag.
>>
File: IMG_3720.jpg (45KB, 577x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3720.jpg
45KB, 577x409px
>Fully sized printed album art
>gatefolds come with extra art inside chose by the band
>records can come coloured,completely clear, or have images on them
>some records come with free shit the band/label decides to include such as
>posters
>download code
>artwork on the record sleeve

Yea CDs are definitely better tho
>>
>An Empty Bliss vinyl all sold out now

Who were lucky to grab it in time? I was all day f5ing the Boomkat store page until it appeared, grabbed the purple vinyl on time
>>
>tfw listen to vinyl, CDs, and digital
>>
I'd be on board if it wasn't so fucking expensive. Both to get a setup that doesn't completely blow and to endure the frankly criminal prices they set for new vinyl. I'm not nearly enough of an audiophile for that shit. If saving my money and listening to mp3s makes me a pleb I'll take it. I'd rather have food and heating than be a patrician.
>>
CD's are GOAT
>>
>>68283606
Anyone who spends even a single dime on music is clinically retarded.

>let me pay for something i could have for free... because i like the artists xD
>>
>>68283606
OP is a sadcunt who doesn't like having the sentimental side of a music enthusiast.
>>
>>68284955
That's fair. But then you can't complain about how bad music is these days. You could have stopped this.
>>
>>68283814
/thread
>>
friendly reminder that vinyl is a meme that's being perpetuated by desperate trust fund hipsters in an effort to convert their parents real capital into "cultural capital" and establish a false social hierarchy with them near the top

oh and even the lowly cd has a higher fidelity than a vinyl record
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)
>>
File: 14651314278.jpg (103KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
14651314278.jpg
103KB, 1280x600px
hey anon, pass me that record you like I'll put it on for us
>>
>>68285370
t. butthurt autist that got passed over by some qt for a vinylfag
>>
File: really makes me.jpg (110KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me.jpg
110KB, 500x627px
>vinylfags actually believe this
>>
File: hipster-vinyl-500x665.png (611KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
hipster-vinyl-500x665.png
611KB, 500x665px
>>68285467
>You can see how hipster neighborhoods are crossroads where young people from different origins, all crammed together, jockey for social gain. One hipster subgroup's strategy is to disparage others as "liberal arts college grads with too much time on their hands"; the attack is leveled at the children of the upper middle class who move to cities after college with hopes of working in the "creative professions". These hipsters are instantly declassed, reservoired in abject internships and ignored in the urban hierarchy — but able to use college-taught skills of classification, collection and appreciation to generate a superior body of cultural "cool".
>They, in turn, may malign the "trust fund hipsters". This challenges the philistine wealthy who, possessed of money but not the nose for culture, convert real capital into "cultural capital" (Bourdieu's most famous coinage), acquiring subculture as if it were ready-to-wear. (Think of Paris Hilton in her trucker hat.) Both groups, meanwhile, look down on the couch-surfing, old-clothes-wearing hipsters who seem most authentic but are also often the most socially precarious — the lower-middle-class young, moving up through style, but with no backstop of parental culture or family capital. They are the bartenders and boutique clerks who wait on their well-to-do peers and wealthy tourists. Only on the basis of their cool clothes can they be "superior": hipster knowledge compensates for economic immobility
lol, so which kind of desperate hipster are you anon? the kind who's trying to buy his cool points or the more authentic kind that can't afford to do that?
>>
>>68285563

notice he has a GF and you dont
>>
>>68285634
lol, you don't want to answer the question then?
>>
>>68285682

I don't have any vinyl or a record player but I can see the appeal of them. Having something tangible. I did have alvin and the chimpmonks on vinyl when I was a kid though.
>>
>tfw want to buy vinyls to support my favorite artists but don't have a vinyl player at all and don't plan on having one making the vinyl a completely worthless paper weight
>>
>>68283705
>it "just feels", right?
>>
>>68285916
Buy the vinyls, melt them down and shape them into a dragon dildo.
Be a true fan, let the spirit of your favorite artists touch your prostate.
>>
>not having a Rega P3 with a BENZ GLIDER

CDs are second rate
>>
What's with all these shitty TV and Netflix series soundtracks getting vinyl releases? Are they that good or remarkable
>>
>>68285447
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>68286306
People who buy vinyl are obviously stupid and then someone smart sees a way to separate a fool from his money, go figure.
>>
>>68286411

Don't you fucking ever talk to me again.
>>
>>68286306
Taking advantage of the crosley buying market
>>
>>68286435
Or your wife's son either?

;__;
>>
Optical media is dead, analog is dead, this is the digital era. Materialism is a legacy meme from baby boomers. Normal people don't require physical space for their music.
>>
>>68286306
which ones?
>>
>>68286478

Millennials aren't normal people
>>
>>68286478
>normal

I'm autistic
>>
>>68285634
He doesn't have time for a gf,he had to type all that shit out.
>>
the stranger thing ost kicks ass dude. survive is a quality electronic type dealeo
>>
>>68286717
lol you don't want to answer the question either, huh?
>>
>>68286903
dude you got em so good!!
>>
Millennials are truly the worst thing to happen to music, ever.
>>
>>68286976
lol I'll take that as a "no" then.
>>
>>68286994
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!
>REEEEE
>>
File: crateandbarrel.png (661KB, 781x764px) Image search: [Google]
crateandbarrel.png
661KB, 781x764px
>get a crate and barrel gift card
>there is literally nothing i need from them
>find out they sell vinyl
>spend my gift card on pic related when i don't have a turntable
>>
>no last.fm scrobbling
this is why vinyl is shit
>>
>>68283814
>>Fully sized printed album art

No objections here

>>gatefolds come with extra art inside chose by the band

99,9 % of the times, you can find the same artwork inside the booklet of the cd.

>>records can come coloured,completely clear, or have images on them

Most vinyl records are plain black. Only a few of the colored ones are really cool.

>>some records come with free shit the band/label decides to include such as
>>posters
>>download code
>>artwork on the record sleeve

Do you know that many albums realeased in the 80s and 90s had bonus tracks for the cd version only?
>>
>they don't go into record stores to raid the jazz section for old, forgotten free jazz that is dirt cheap and all kinds of chaotic and awesome

If you're the kind of person who would drop 35 bucks on a Smashing Pumpkins reissue, I do think you're dumb.

But by no means does collectin records take up too much money if you're smart
>>
>>68287333
>raid the jazz section for old, forgotten free jazz

That actually sounds pretty cool, what should I look out for? Any tips to find good shit?
>>
op is btfoing this shitty board full of underage faggots. get fucking rekt homos.
>>
>>68287333

to be honest Mellon Collie is a very long album, 35 bucks is worth the price. Besides the album flow on the vinyl version is better
>>
File: IMG_6713.jpg (16KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6713.jpg
16KB, 248x248px
>>68287149
>>
>>68287379
Find a good store. Do NOT trust stores that don't grade their records. If all they do is slap a price tag on it, don't trust it. Either that, or learn how to grade records yourself so you don't get ripped off.

As for that, you typically just learn how to find what you're looking for. ECM green label albums from the mid 70s are consistently cool, Impulse! albums from the mid 60s, Strata-East, India Navigations, Sagitarrius A Star all great free jazz labels, etc etc
>>
>>68287503
cheers dude, I'll be giving that a go
>>
>>68287603
I also highly recommend taking your phone and snapping pictures of anything that looks cool and looking it up later on discogs.

Most people aren't grabbing more obscure jazz records like maniacs, so odds are they'll still be there next time you go back
>>
>>68283606
>>It's just a """"""""""""""""""""hobby"""""""""""""""""""" I don't know why you're so upset.

relevant point tho
>>
>>68287632
>I'm just taking pictures of children to masturbate to later
>It's just a """"""""""""""""""""hobby"""""""""""""""""""" I don't know why you're so upset.
And some things you choose to do might rightfully incur the disdain, ridicule, and hatred of your betters, Anon. Every action has a consequence, only a literal child would think otherwise.
>>
>>68284955
You can apply this logic to literally everything that costs money.
>>
>>68285475
I love John Peel, but he could be kinda dumb sometimes.
>>
>>68288128
Tell me where I can download some free food, I'm starving.
>>
>>68288228

>food analogy

every time
>>
>>68288249
So you can't then? I'm was really hungry, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>68285370
>>68285563
>>68285370
"Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own). One may be quick to coin such interests and garb as "black-rimmed glasses, flannel, and indie music," however said mainstream-avoiding "hipsters" will logically turn down abiding to such a popular consensus, voiding the interpretation null.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.
>>
>>68288307
>Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster

No, I'm definitely a hipster. What now, pasta boy?
>>
>>68288340
its like a black person identifying as 'nigger' to protect the word

sure, you could, but youd be an idiot mate
>>
>>68287294
>Do you know that many albums realeased in the 80s and 90s had bonus tracks for the cd version only?

"Hey let's take the tracks that weren't good enough to put on the album and then put them on the album!"
>>
File: 127.jpg (149KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
127.jpg
149KB, 500x734px
>>68288366
>implying niggers don't exist
lol

No, I'm a hipster and as a hipster I can readily identify other hipsters like I've done in this thread I do it exclusively for social gain and the joy of the upper hand in the pecking order. I consider it a form of class warfare.

Where's your God now, pasta boy?
>>
>>68287294

>99,9 % of the times, you can find the same artwork inside the booklet of the cd.

Yeah, but in the worst way possible, they were either a small print or folded.

>Most vinyl records are plain black. Only a few of the colored ones are really cool.

I agree, but that's not his point.

>Do you know that many albums realeased in the 80s and 90s had bonus tracks for the cd version only?

You mean the B-sides and EP tracks? Most people already got those in singles and vinyl EPs. Surely it's more convenient way to package it, but for most albums that has a certain flow, bonus tracks might break it, in my opinion.
>>
>>68288562
>I consider it a form of class warfare.
Against the poor?
>>
>>68287333
I JUST DROPPED $45 ON THE EARTHBOUND SOUNDTRACK AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME FAGGOT
>>
>>68288813
Sure, why not?
>>
>>68283606
>Having all of your music available at the click of a button has had a detrimental effect of people's appreciation of music.
This is absolutely true.
>Vinyl actually encourages you to listen to the full album in its proper trackorder instead of being a pleb who only listens to single songs.
Not necessarily true.
>You're using a Crosley? With NO COUNTERWEIGHT?!?!?! Have fun ruining all of your records.
This is true.
>Vinyl is killing the mp3 industry!
HHAHHAH no not really. It's pandering to a different audience.
> I just like collecting it for the artwork.
These people should be shot.
>>
>>68288228
You can take it without paying.
Retard.
>>
Vinyl: staw-like dick
CD: hotdog-like dick
Cassette: coke can-like dick
>>
>>68289227
Without leaving my house? I don't leave my house to get free music. Explain how I'd go about doing that please.
>>
>>68288562
>for social gain
>upper hand in the pecking order
>Doesn't realise he's shitposting on a mongolian fabric care forum
>>
>>68289332
>I don't leave my house
wew
>>
>>68289386
>>68289407
>no I don't have a legitimate response
>nope, no argument at all
>I'll just sling out a shitpost like a monkey and hope no one notices
>>
>>68289469
What kind of response do you want to this shit man? I'm shitposting, you're shitposting, at least I'm not deluded into thinking I'm gaining some kind of social upper hand. Get real.
>>
>>68288562
Sorry to break it to you, but you're a yuppie, not a hipster. And you're not talking about class warfare, you're talking about being able to wear luxury products to demonstrate to others than you belong to a class. Unless you run a financial institution or a multinational, you're not even winning in class warfare. You're just a more privileged member of the working class: a worker in the high-end service industry. Enjoy your high end consumer products and utter lack of control over the political decision-making that shapes your life.
>>
>>68289680
>demonstrate to others
>member of the working class
>a worker in the high-end service industry.
>a worker

lol, my parents entirely fund my lifestyle. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I don't work. I spend all my time on vanity art projects in Brooklyn, NY. I buy vinyl records to make the poor aspiring middle class losers moving to Brooklyn jealous of my status. I'm a hipster, sorry.
>>
File: 1469347709187.jpg (38KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1469347709187.jpg
38KB, 640x620px
>>68289785
hahahaha noone is jealous of your "status" cunt
>>
>>68289892
Highly unlikely.
>>
>>68289907
Bathe in the blood of the bourgeoisie swine!
>>
>>68289332
>moving the goalposts
oh boy
>>
>>68289785
This seems like a genuinely depressing lifestyle, but if it works for you, I guess it works. I think you're reprehensible.and I suspect you'll one day find yourself face to face with the emptiness of your existence, but what do I know.Anyway you can always turn to drugs or start doing yoga.
>>
Hey guys, I really love music, and I really enjoy listening to the records I've acquired over the last few years. What are your favorite songs/albums/artists?
>>
>>68289980
Nope, sorry. You implied I could conveniently "take it without paying" just like I do with my music. The burden is on you to prove how that would happen. I don't leave the house when I download music, explain how I would conveniently take food the same way.

Also, keep in mind you'll have to explain how when I take the food without paying there's still the exact same amount of food in the place I took it from.

I'll wait.
>>
>>68290083
So you're admitting you were wrong.

Cool, thanks.
>>
let them waste their money if they want. it doesn't affect me.
>>
Do not answer to this anon >>68290110 he's a baiter and have been acting the same way in several previous threads prior to this one.
>>
>>68290132
I'll preface this by saying if you're a troll, you're a fun one. If not, hard to believe you're a real person.

Yuppie and hipster are not mutually exclusive terms in my book. But maybe yuppie wasn't the best term for you. What I was trying to suggest was that unless your parents are capitalists, they're not on the winning side of the class war, just more privileged members of the working class. You,I suppose, are a parasite of that. Given that you seem uninterested in anything other other than hedonism (such as having a part in controlling the direction of society), I suppose this wouldn't bother you.
>>
>>68290187
>The burden is on you to prove how that would happen.
In other words you can't. Good to know, thanks.
>>
File: 4c5.jpg (37KB, 549x543px) Image search: [Google]
4c5.jpg
37KB, 549x543px
OP this is some pretty impressive bait. Good job.
>>
>>68290196
So another post reconfirming you were wrong?

That's weird thing to do, but I'll take it.
>>
>>68290208

No, no I can't. You win.
>>
Hey guys, what's your favorite artist/genre/album? Have any of their CDs/Records? Seems like everyone is arguing, let's talk about music! This is the music board, after all!
>>
>>68290246
Ok, I can see that you're unwilling to engage which kind of ruins the fun.
>>
>>68290286
music sucks
>>
>>68290249
Cool, thanks.

Actually admitting to losing the argument like a big boy, I'm proud of you, Anon.
>>
>>68290294
Engage with what? You capitulating? How would that work?
>>
>>68290309

You're right. I can't argue with you. Your posts are so engaging and thought-provoking, undeniably full of logic and reason. They changed my life.
>>
>>68290286
I love you

I collect Dire Strait/Pink Floyd/Men at Work
>>
>>68290322
I wasn't so much arguing about whether you were a hipster or not, as I was kind of just personally attacking you. And you never defended yourself which made it less fun.
>>
>>68290325
You can't be mad, Anon. You had you chance.
>>
>>68290342
I'm a rich Brooklyn hipster, why would I need to defend myself? Does a shark need to defend himself against a guppy fish? Surely you jest.
>>
>>68284804
You ass.

Me and a friend got the black version
>>
>>68290342
He's got a ridiculously deluded superiority complex dude, just give up on talking to him, no matter what you say he will be obsessed with "winning"
>>
>>68290389
Obviously you are not obligated to respond to my personal attacks, I was just saying that that was what I wanted you to do. I wanted you to respond to my claims you actually are a member of a middling class in society and your lifestyle will inevitably lead to an eventual existential crisis, but now you're just making fish-based metaphors and using phrases like "surely, you jest" which no one would ever say, so I'm feeling a bit dejected.
>>
>>68290467

Not even that, he's just a shitposter, he's been doing that a lot on vinyl threads. It's the same dude
>>
File: 1474339286277.jpg (20KB, 232x286px) Image search: [Google]
1474339286277.jpg
20KB, 232x286px
>>68290488
I'm sure your wife's son will console you, Anon.
>>
>>68290333
That's great! I have both Business as Usual and Cargo on Vinyl, but I haven't gotten Two Hearts yet. Which is your favorite? I really like Cargo, specifically Blue For You. Something about that song just touches me, it really is a wonderful band.
>>
>>68290467
>>68290517
Sorry guys. I find engaging with such an obnoxious person funny. I'll stop posting back in the interest of not making everyone else read it though.
>>
>>68290530
My wife's son?!? What are you implying so subtly and cleverly?
>>
File: joejonas slant.jpg (21KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
joejonas slant.jpg
21KB, 400x267px
>>68290517
You could have obliterated me with an legitimate argument and I would have left forever, Anon. Or you could have chosen to ignore me altogether and left my claims unopposed.

You've nothing to blame but your own intellectual shortcomings for this circus. I'm sorry it's worked out this way for you.
>>
>>68290619
I'm not even that guy you were originally talking to btw. I only arrived late to the party and started shitposting along
>>
File: 1386980859924.jpg (93KB, 325x800px) Image search: [Google]
1386980859924.jpg
93KB, 325x800px
>>68290640
Yeah, I'll bet.
>>
>>68290539
Yes I love Cargo as well!
I think they're fairly even imo but I might say Cargo as well cause of Overkill, which is my favourite of theirs. I can (sort of) play the solo for that on guitar as well
>>
>>68290674
That's really awesome, how long have you played guitar? I wish I had that kind of musical inclination, but I'm just a listener with no skills. How do you like Two Hearts? I feel it's their most underrated album, given the fracturing of the original band it was a bit controversial.

There are some great songs on it, such as Maria or Sail to You (my personal favorite for the album).
>>
File: 1382464708832.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
1382464708832.png
327KB, 495x498px
nice thread idiots
>>
>>68290755
Thank you, great to see so many people discussing something they love!
>>
>>68290716
Been playing for about 6 years, I'm pretty terrible at music theory, and I can only read tab, I don't have much skill either, I just like to have a go at playing stuff that I like I guess.
I like Two Hearts, perhaps not quite as much as the others, but I guess its a bit of a different style.
I don't know very much about the controversy, what happened?
>>
>>68290868
*haha actually I don't know anything about any controversy, except the Kookaburra one
>>
>>68290918
Due to internal conflicts from the introduction of a studio band on some tracks, apparently the vocalists (Hay and Ham) told the rest of the group that they weren't required. In jest or not, it led to the fracture that broke them apart. Subsequently, and in part due to the more mature theme and sound of the album, it led to their complete breakup.

Frankly, I'm glad it died before the quality worsened, but wish there could've been one more album.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>68290467
>hes got a ridiculously deluded superiority complex
>just give up on talking to him
>no matter what you say he will be obsessed with "winning"
tippity top kek spoken like a true fucking beta cuck. he blew you the fuck out all in this thread it's not a deluded superiority complex when he mashed you into hamburger meat every time he replied. yeah you just gave up alright because you had no other option. its called losing like a bitch lmao
>>
>>68290973
aye yo that wudn't me who posted that. I'm the homie who was posting with him still lurking here, lyng in wait. He stopped responding to me. Fite me.
>>
>>68283814
Literally every CD has an image on it
>>
File: 1473654323915.png (393KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1473654323915.png
393KB, 785x757px
>>68291045
WUTCHU WANNA FITE ME BOUT BITCH NIGGAH. I FUCK U UP
>>
>>68291069
yo I aint got no meme pics for you but I wud take u out in a second. Say that to may face not online, see wut happens
>>
File: 13085417.jpg (53KB, 798x545px) Image search: [Google]
13085417.jpg
53KB, 798x545px
>>68291089
I think you'll find I'm a bit too fast for you once we get going
>>
>>68290956
Ouch that's kinda a sad way to go though.
But yeah nothing worse than a good band that ends up going stagnant or getting worse, I can see how its good they stopped when they did.
I wonder how many more hits they might've had left though...
>>
I didn't read a single post in this thread. Is there seriously a vinyl hate thread with 130+ replies?

How do people put this much effort into hating a type of format and not get tired?
>>
>>68291050
Actually I forgot about double-sided CDs
>>
>>68290973
>true fucking beta cuck
>losing like a bitch lmao
You sound like you think you're an alpha.
The world doesn't operate as simply as you think it does. Don't get so caught up in trying to rationalise everything and convince yourself you're alpha.
I love how Everybody on 4chan seems to think they're some kind of a social elite.
>>
File: 1475614237269.gif (2MB, 448x533px) Image search: [Google]
1475614237269.gif
2MB, 448x533px
>>68291374
>How do people put this much effort into hating a type of format and not get tired?
I get all my energy from masturbating to anime.
>>
>>68291459
say that to my face irl and see what happens cuck
>>
>>68291506
I guess I've been baited kek
>>
>>68285447
Straight up I'll be a dick and embarrass someone and their filthy hands if they pulled something like this.
>>
i do it for collection pusposes. i really like owning something and cd just feels cheap compared to records.
>>
>>68283606
>it sounds better because the waves are rounded and don't come in steps like digital
I've heard people who seriously believed that. People with physics PhD.s
>>
>>68293383
I don't have much of an opinion on the sound quality difference cause I listen to vinyl with shit equipment, but why isn't it true, it makes sense to me but I've never actually looked into it
>>
>>68284955
You can put "xD" on anything to make it look ridiculous.
>>
File: 1257257529812.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1257257529812.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
/mu/'s contrarian hipster nature doesn't allow them to enjoy anything
>>
>>68293460
Basic digital signal processing. Digital signals are indeed quantized, but before hitting your speaker cables the DAC runs a cubic interpolator on the digital signal, making it "rounded" again(and the Shannon-Nyquist theorem guarantees you can get up-to-perfect reproduction of the original signal from a proper sampling).
Those videos made by a dude who worked on the ogg vorbis format offer a pretty accessible introduction to the whole process: http://xiph.org/video/
>>
unless you have an extremely developed musician ear you will not be able to hear the difference in audio quality of a vinyl disk from a compact disk
>>
>>68293596
Interesting, so I assumed the quantised sections of audio are small enough anyway that when it's "rounded off" it's basically indistinguishable from the analogue?
>>
>>68283606
It's 2016 out there, gramps. No need to carry around those giant plastic discs to listen some music.
>>
File: HL_DDS_1117333nj34mp8CR7.png (182KB, 1276x1650px) Image search: [Google]
HL_DDS_1117333nj34mp8CR7.png
182KB, 1276x1650px
>>68283606

>browse 4chan for a few years now
>never visited /mu/
>today feel special
>click.wav
>this is the first thread i look into

so this is what /mu/ likes to fight about... every board has the same stupid argument, you can just switch the subject

>circle or triangle?
>>
>>68293832
If we're talking about PCM audio with a bit depth of 16-bits, everything I read indicates that if this isn't absolutely the case then at least it's good enough to be indistinguishable for most people playing music on their non-professional grade devices.

Xiph.org has an article about the whole debacle surrounding Neil Young's 192/24 obsession. It doesn't address the analog/digital controversy explicitly, but it touches upon the limitations of the human ear and how much bit depth/sampling rate is enough to cover it: https://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>>
>>68294007
Legit exact same boat
>>
I buy records because the music I listen to is mainly released on record with no digital.

Simple. I don't understand why people shit on other people because of the format that they listen to music on.
If the tune is good you should be happy that you can hear it, and not complain that is not on cd/vinyl/9000kb flac etc.
>>
>>68294007
thought you said you've browsed 4chan for years now, what is so surprising
>>
>>68283606
>>
>>68290322
>>68288562
>>68289469
>>68289785
>>68290132
>>68290246

KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>68284955
Anyone who spends even a single dime on food is clinically retarded.

>let me pay for something i could take out of trashcans for free... because i like the taste xD
>>
>>68293500
The Velvet Underground is so good ! Lou Reed is such a genuis xD
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.