[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you grow out of the "U2 are bad" phase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: bono.jpg (391KB, 1417x1779px) Image search: [Google]
bono.jpg
391KB, 1417x1779px
When did you grow out of the "U2 are bad" phase?
>>
Let's be honest. Their first three albums were good, if not great. Everything after that slowly spiraled down a staircase of shit.
>>
why is bono such a piece of shit?
>>
Probably my favorite post-punk band. So good.
>>
>>68282757
Listening to their early albums is an incredibly frustrating experience. Some of the songs are god-tier and some are just unlistenable trash that goes on forever.
>>
ive always loved them anon
>>
>>68282853
>post-punk
>>
>>68282757
Well, duh.

>>68282633
Never really hit it. I went from the phase where I liked something like Vertigo when I was like 14, they fell off my radar for a while, and then when I started really taking an interest in music a couple years later, one of the first things I listened to was War and I loved them.
>>
Achtung Baby is fantastic.
>>
>>68282633
war, the unforgettable fire, the Joshua tree, and achtung baby are all really good albums. and desu A Sort Of Homecoming is the best thing they ever made
>>
But they actually are the fucking worst
>>
I''m glad /mu/ is coming around to them/ ive always loved them
>>
I can see why people like them, just not my thing. Never been a fan of bono's voice and they just come off really bland to me.
>>
>>68282757
i have their first 3 albums but i've only ever been able to get into war
>>
>>68282633
I can't even recall I single U2 song
>>
>>68284216
They had that one post-grunge sounding hit that goes "Hello Hello" and "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah" a bunch of times
>>
>>68284216
You're underage then.

If you can't recall Sunday Bloody Sunday, you're definitely a teenager.
>>
>>68284303
different guy, 22, can't name a single U2 song. All I know is that Bono is a shitty human being.
>>
>>68284514
>shitty human being
he donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity, even if you think he's a bit high on himself that's definitely stretching it
>>
>>68284514
>All I know is that Bono is a shitty human being.
How so?
>>
>>68283666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Ao9ftEm30
>>
>>68282633
I never listened to anything U2 and never thought they were bad. I don't even know what they sound like or could tell you a title of their songs. I probably have heard their music in the background somewhere though without realizing it was U2.

So yeah.
>>
>>68282838
If you can't explain why, it probably isn't true.
>>
Never had a "U2 are bad" phase.
>>
>>68284630
I saw Bono at a grocery store in Dublin a while ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>68284725
This pasta will never not be funny.
>>
>>68284725
Nice meme but answer the question pls
>>
>>68284803
You think I'm joking?

In October 2001, Bono met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Bono became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.
>>
Real talk. I met Bono once.

In the Summer of 2004, U2's latest tour came through Milwaukee and Bono was at the airport about to fly out and I had just flown in from LAX. I could see him surrounded by a bunch of 12 year old redneck boys and their mothers, so I made my way over to him and I go up and say something like "Hi Bono, my Mom's a really big U2 fan and was at your concert last night. Could you sign you autograph for her?" He looks me dead in the eye and says "Fat chance, college boy" and walks off. Then all of a sudden local news crews start filming him and he's acting all nice in front of them with this little girl for about 5 minutes and he gives her his "lucky" guitar pick. Once the crew gets the shot and leaves, Bono immediately snatches the pick back and says "Sorry, but that's mine" and walks off with his entourage. I go up with a pen and paper and again try to get his autograph. This time Bono gets in my face and tells me to "Piss off or I will shove that fucking pen up you're asshole, ya cunt!"in a deep Irish accent and then he spat in my face. I tried to tell him off about being mean to girl but he literally said "Tsk. Tsk. How fucking dare you treat God like that, you dickhead" and laughs while his security guys grab me and take me away. The security guys were assholes too and made comments like "you're about to get the ass rape of a lifetime, cunt!" and tried to convince the TSA that I was a terrorist and should be arrested. Seriously, fuck Bono. I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Also, he's only about 5'4 with lifts on. I should have beat the shit out of him. South Park was right: world's biggest piece of shit. I hope that walking abortion of a person drowns in a pool of his own vomit.
>>
>>68284897
>>
>>68284935
I once saw Bono at the airport hotel I was staying in between destinations.

There was a little fountain area in the reception where he was standing in yelling "I'M A CRAB, DON'T COME NEAR ME OR I'LL FUCKING PINCER YOU" while he snapped at the air and shifted side to side (think spy crab). One of the receptionists asked him to stop because he was scaring the residents and he just started thrashing around in the water.

After that he got tired and started to pick out the coins people had left in there to make wishes while muttering something like "mhm mhm damn my piggy bank is gonna eat like a king tonight".

I guess he has a thing for snapping his hands.
>>
>>68284916
>>68285029
>>
>>68285137
I met Bono and Adam at a concert a while ago, I went with my girlfriend. When we approached them Bono looked at me then at my girlfriend and said "The fuck you doing with this stupid cunt? Get with this dick or get raped you whore.", I was completely shocked and didn't know if he was joking so I stood in silence just not sure of what to say. Then a voice was heard from behind him "Oh Paul you found another tosser?", "Yeah Adam, this one looks like a complete dick head, his girlfriend is pretty banging though, I'd fuck her arse", "Oh yeah, maybe we should fill his girlfriend arse with goofballs so she'd know how much of a goofball he is". Right at that moment Bono jumped on my girlfriend and pulled her pants down, I tried to stop him but Adam jumped on me and held me down he started whispering in my ear "She's going to get the goofballs and you aint going to do nothing about it!", I watched on in horror as my girlfriend stared at me in the eyes as Bono undressed her and rammed his fingers up her ass, she was trying to scream but Bono just kept pushing her head down. Bono looked at me and mouthed the word "Goofball", It was like a silent movie, I watched as Bono then proceeded to pull out his testicles and forcibly push them into her anus with his hands. Adam who was still holding me down started to squeal into my ear "She's getting the goofballs", he started to twist my nipple as far as it could go, and I could feel blood trickling from it onto my shirt, I felt what I can assume was Adam's boner pushing into my back... I blacked out.
>>
>>68284725
It seems like he is just like his South Park version... Man, what a douche
>>
>>68282633
My opinion of them has remained the same my entire life. I think they're okay.
>>
When I heard Sunday bloody Sunday
>>
I saw Bono when I went shopping at Lidl about a week ago. I had just finished buying my stuff and was walking out when I saw him pass me. I called out his name and he walked over slowly, keeping his eyes focused on me. I had bought a six pack of Dr. Pepper, and pulled one out and offered it to him.

He just stared at me for like a full minute, then just slaps the can in my hand into my face. naturally I get disoriented as the shock of the can being smashed into my face and all the Dr. Pepper all over my face and clothes. I turn and start running and he just trips me and starts dragging me by my mouth. Next thing I know he's yelling "TAKE THEM OFF! TAKE THEM OFF TAKE THEM OFF TAKE THEM OFF!" at me really loudly. Then he starts kicking me in the head and I just passed out.

Woke up a day later with no pants and a sore anus. Fuck Bono he's a cunt.
>>
>>68282757
>not liking The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby
>>
>Not liking Zooropa or Pop
>>
>>68284897
That one is only really good when it's Keanu Reeves
>>
>>68282757
This. I don't like any of their full albums after War. A song here or there, but not a whole album. Not even Achtung Baby, Zooropa, or Joshua Tree.
>>
>>68282876
>Some of the songs are god-tier
examples?

I don't give enough of a fuck to hate on a band but i've never heard a u2 song that wasn't bland...
>>
>>68283666
early U2 is post-punk. You are either deaf, clueless about music, or have never listened to them. Im gonna say ALL 3!

>>68282757
Clueless.
>>
Joshua Tree is great. Never understood the hate on here
>>
>>68285535
>>68284648
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.