[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: a3692500025_10.jpg (189KB, 1197x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3692500025_10.jpg
189KB, 1197x1200px
I've become infatuated with the music of Paul Baribeau lately and I am wondering why I think it is good, I don't think he is all that good of a singer and his guitar is nothing special but I just love it so much, What are your opinions /mu/
in case you haven't heard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQ_jZUrpPg
>>
File: tmp_7214-1425224713892106827408.png (134KB, 383x262px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7214-1425224713892106827408.png
134KB, 383x262px
>>68281942
>please validate me, /mu/
>help me make sure that I fit in

It's funny how you people make fun of "normies"...
>>
>>68282060
I don't need your validation, Just genuinely interested why I like a musician that I believe to be bad at singing and instruments
>>
you like it, thats it. You dont have to be ashamed about it. You know why you like it, we will not tell you why you like it or why you like anything at all.
In a sense paul baribeu has these inoccent songs, so sweet and free and down to earth. Yes his singing is really bad and so are his musical skills in general...but he creates an atmosphere, he expresses something genuine.
>>
This is a blast from the past. He was always a dick when I'd see him live.
>>
>>68282550
The thing is that I don't really know why I like it, That's why I was looking for reasons why. I guess he is very innocent, It just makes me smile and feel good, Even his sadder songs are uplifting.
>>68282613
I want to see him really bad, Was hoping he'd have a show in MI in a the next month. (i'm going there and live in aus so it's probs the only chance I'd get)
A dick? as in like an asshole?
I am sad now...
>>
i've always wondered why i liked paul baribeau so much too. I think it has something to do with the immediacy of the songs. There's not many choruses on many of the songs. Just a series of verses and that keeps it fresh i think.

>>68282613

he seems a little neurotic. i saw him at the Fest in gainesville one year and he was rambling semi-coherently about some of the other bands there that he had beef with or something
>>
I feel his style is more like slam poetry than actual music
>>
He's great OP don't feel bad
check out Daniel Johnston, Ezra Furman, and Kimya Dawson if you want
>>
>>68282787
Thanks anon
>>
>>68282787
Oh my gosh, Little panda bear is fucking adorable!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.