[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I see a lot of threads here praising pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
When everyone here also shits on the twenty one pilots, they both are alternative pop with the lead singer rapping in a falsetto voice
>>
I listened to it, didn't really enjoy it but didn't dislike it either.

I think the cover art is part of the reason it used to get spammed a lot.
>>
I genuinely like this album, the falsetto, lyrics, and simple use of electronics sells it for me

The falsetto is always a hit or miss for everyone that listens to this. Literally have only found one person who liked it, and she already listened to people like Passion Pit
>>
>>68272679
I haven't listened to either one but I assume that's because one is good and the other isn't.
>>
>>68272679
>rapping

Maybe on hapsburg lippp I guess.
>>
The lyrics are way better imo
>>
It's honestly just a very good ambitious pop record. Jons falsetto may be grating for some people, but he certainly has more range and control, Lyrics are less hypocritically edgy and the overall band has a great adaptable sound.
My favourite band of the 2010s over all their albums.
>>
>>68272679
it's really good, twenty one pilots isn't. it's that simple.
>>
lyrics and production are intriguing and far more conducive to an engaging listen than twenty one pilots who tend to follow very formulaic song writing and ham-fisted lyrics.
check out everything everything's previous records and you'll note the skilled perfomance work and subversive lyricism that informed this release as well
>>
Twenty one pilots is linkin park-tier edgy trash for teenage girls. Everything Everything is just fun, catchy indie pop.
>>
It reminds me of Talking Heads, which is a great thing.

TOP reminds me of Fallout Boy, need I say more?
>>
>>68272690
>I think the cover art is part of the reason
Or that it's a good album, you pleb.
>>
>>68273160
Arguably parts of Distant Past and No Reptiles are also "rapping"
>>
>>68276062
you underestimate how much a good cover affects people's opinions
>>
Get To Heaven is actually musically interesting though
>>
>>68272679
>with the lead singer rapping
no no no. Go listen to the album again. And nothing about 21 pilots is "alternative". Do you fags get paid to post on these boards? not a day goes by where some 21 pilot thread isn't shitted up and saged into oblivion.
>>
>>68277389
True this, but the lyrics remind me of talking heads or something like that, so it's all good. Also no replies is a masterpiece
>>
>>68272679
Because everything everything are talented and 21 pilots aren't.
>>
>>68277389
Aesthetics & imagery influence how people think about the music it's attached to? FUCKING SHOCKER

It was absolutely one of the reasons I checked the album, but I've checked out many an album based on the awesome art that I've never listened to again. Op's pic has been a go-to for a couple months now. It's a great record.
>>
>>68272795
>because one is good and the other isn't
Basically.
>>
>>68272679
because Fantano praised it, I knew this band for years and no one cared about them here before that review
>>
>>68278031
they have been big in the UK ever since they released their debut record
>>
>>68278213
Yeah but /mu/ doean't care about many bands popular in the UK
>>
>>68272679
this album sucks
>>
>>68279557
no it doesn't
>>
>>68279557
like you are mom :D
>>
/mu/ is more than one person
>>
>>68279806
go back to your /vip/ board.
>>
Both are trash
>>
>>68280520
incorrect.
>>
>>68272679
How do you even compare quality art-pop with top 40 teenage appealing shite
>>
Maybe it's just me but this shit just reminds me of alt j or bastille and even a little adele. And I hate that shit. Cool album cover though.
>>
I want to go back
>>
>>68282018
save me from the distant past, i wanna surviiiiiiive
>>
Could not agree more GtH is one of they most overrated albums on here.
>>
>>68282067
Pleb
>>
>>68272679
It's really about how they meld the genres together.
Where as blurry hops from genre to genre in a pretty gimmicky way,
get to heaven mixes them creatively.
>>
>>68272679
Quality isn't defined by a genre, it's defined by the concept and the accuracy with which it is communicated. Some concepts require certain genre tropes to properly convey because, culturally, a lot has been established through those same tropes.
Everything Everything actually do that to a reasonable degree, 2016's edgy teen band do not.
There's a certain level of understanding that people generally can't put into words because it's so obvious that they shouldn't have to. What I wrote, the answer to your question, is one such thing.

Also
>alternative pop
>>
Its one of the best pop albums of the decade, a good version of what 21P kinda tries to do.
>>
>>68273160
Honestly that instrumental would sound sweet on an RTJ track.
>>
File: 1472082300714.png (129KB, 373x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472082300714.png
129KB, 373x334px
>>68272679
TWP is just angsty edge music though, EE is fun and manages to stay upbeat for the most part
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.