[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beatles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (231KB, 1127x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 1127x1000px
Great band, or greatest bandâ„¢ ?

Discuss
>>
good band
>>
>>68272438
:/
>>
Everything that's been discussed has already been discussed a million times over, and that's why we get contrarian shitposts about how the Beatles were a poor mans wiggles, which is true desu
>>
Greatest is subjective, (but they are the greatest in my opinion. It's absolutely undeniable though that they are the most important band of all time.
>>
>>68272416
THE
>>
>>68272416
shit band desu
never liked them. theyre just a shitty meme
and i stopped liking john lennon when i stopped being 12
>>
why must there be age limits
>>
They were super famous millionaires by their 20s and million women wanted to be dicked by them
Slightly jelly t b h f a m s
>>
File: 1324611048888.png (79KB, 943x485px) Image search: [Google]
1324611048888.png
79KB, 943x485px
Depends on what we're measuring them by
>>
File: 1475118486560.png (218KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475118486560.png
218KB, 306x480px
>>68272416
they are a great band, but nowhere near the greatest

the beach boys were superior in every way
>>
The Beatles were the greatest band ever. End of discussion. End of thread.
>>
>>68274877
>band chemistry 8/10
yeeeaaaah............. ok bud
>>
>>68273108
greatest is objective
how much you like them is subjective
>>
>>68272416
Probably the most important and, objectively (if there is such a thing in music), with the most incredible back catalogue of any band (the fact that they produced everything in such a short time is astonishing).

That said, personally, if I had to listen to one band forever it would be Radiohead.
>>
>>68274960
I think, at their best,I prefer The Beach Boys, but The Beatles did it more consistently.
>>
Great band, but far from the best.

>>68273108
>>68275486
Frank Zappa and Velvet Underground were more important than them. James Brown and Little Richard as well. Or a lot of western classical artists as well.
So, no. Not only it's easily deniable, you are also wrong.

>>68275486
Frank Zappa produced more stuff of greater quality, more diversity, and more quantity in an equal period of time than The Beatles.
Don't worry, I know you are new, the Radiohead mention gave it away. Just be more careful with the statements you are making when you don't know much about music.
>>
>>68275546
tvu was influenced by the beatles tho so how could they be more important

also frank zappa influenced zero good musicians. he just inspired wankery faggots
>>
>>68275629
So what? Beatles were influenced by Frank Zappa and Buddy Holy, does that mean those two are more important than The Beatles? Not necessarily, but in the case of Frank Zappa it does.

>also frank zappa influenced zero good musicians. he just inspired wankery faggots
Confirmed for not knowing anything about rock music history. Frank Zappa influenced The Beatles among many other great bands.
>>
>>68275546
Jesus, chill out mate, I'm a big Zappa fan - Hot Rats, Freak Out and We're Only In It For The Money are up there with my favourite albums ever. I'm not ignorant, don't be such a patronising wanker.
>>
>>68275546
You're citing solo artists in a discussion about whether The Beatles are the most important *band* ever. Nothing worse than being a condescending shit and also missing the point completely.
>>
>>68272416
Mediocre band, along with Led Zeppelin, Queen, and Nirvana.
But it's "highly influential" because people love bland pop.
>>
>>68275852
Yeah, because the difference between band and artist matters sooo much! Even then, if you are being so pedantic, replace Franky Zappa with Mothers of Invention and the statement remains true.

>>68275787
I guess so, I don't know which post was yours, but both were wrong so I had to mention it.
>>
Carnival of Light when?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.