[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that out of all the big popular hits (excluding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1469678128497.jpg (24KB, 462x327px) Image search: [Google]
1469678128497.jpg
24KB, 462x327px
Can we agree that out of all the big popular hits (excluding classical), Smells Like Teen Spirit is the best?
As opposed to any of the Taylor Swift/Adele hits we hear today, or even Yellow Submarine and other Beatles hits.
>>
Out of all the big popular hits, Total Eclipse of the Heart is clearly the best.
>>
*coughs*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg
>>
>>68270224
this
most Bacharach-penned shit is great too if it counts
>>
Once In A Lifetime>all
>>
>>68270203
Fast car my dude
>>
>>68270203
>>68270224
>>68270239
>>68270537
>>68270560
Guys...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA
>>
>>68270203
It actually is Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman.
>>
>>68270203
Best relative to what? If you mean relative to the music of it's time, I think the Beatles. If you mean the best relative to music from all time periods, I think OK Computer and Definitely Maybe are better albums. Nothing on Kurt or Nirvana though, I love their music.
>>
>>68270579
Cheese
>>
>>68270203
/r/music is thataway kiddo
>>
>>68270203
more than a feeling pop-punk cover?
>>
>>68270579
>using traditional grip in a rock band
why?
>>
Even Kurt would say The Beatles were better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xeu-mN-NQs
>>
>>68270661
Well Kurt didn't particularly like the music he made.
>>
Take me to church I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies, I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
>>
>>68270661
Kurt would say dogshit is better, hence why he blew his own head off bozo.
>>
>>68270203
If you told Kurt Cobain that Smells Like Teen Spirit was better than all of the Beatles hits then he would laugh in your face. If your example of a Beatles hit was Yellow Submarine then you would be punched.
>>
>>68270688
I'm not talking about what Kurt would say though.
I mean of all the huge pieces of music that will probably be remembered forever, it's up there.
>>
>>68270719
It may be up there in terms of being remembered, but Kurt wrote better songs. A lot of people wrote better popular songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfdUWOsWJss
here's one
>>
>>68270744
I agree that he wrote much better songs. That one is really good, too.
I just think it's interesting that when people think classical, they think Moonlight Sonata/the 9th, and in the future when they think 90s, they will probably come up with Smells Like Teen Spirit.
>>
>>68270816
agreed
>>
>>68270816
Nirvana is an "iconic band" only by the death of Kurt, that and the Mtv marketing.
>>
>>68270896
2bh if Kurt didn't die I think they would still be pretty iconic. Even before he died they were approaching Beatles-tier fame.
>>
>>68270896
We always get better when we die
The last rock and roll breathe, before the pussy bands, rock nevermore will be so raw
>>
>>68270954
This, they could make some nice jams
>>
>>68270744
Songs from the Big Chair is fucking lightning in a bottle.
>>
>>68270954
>were approaching Beatles-tier fame.
hahaha. nirvana at his peak (1992/1993) were Rhcp-tier fame or even less, boy
>>
Hollaback girl by Gwen Stefani is definitely the greatest popular song of all time
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.