[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Andrew W.K.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 51P6UDZNOYL.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51P6UDZNOYL.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
What do you guys think of Andrew W.K.?
>>
Never Let Down is his best song
>>
this nigger is a disgusting furry horsefucker
>>
>>68267687
source?
>>
>>68267653
The mythology around him is a little weird and creepy, but I really really like him honestly. He only ever seems to be really really likable or relatively unlikable and never anywhere inbetween.

>>68267726
Someone compared him to Pinkie Pie from MLP which... to be fair isn't a bad comparison since AWK literally has a positively inhuman ability to create a party atmosphere... and so he started being positive toward bronies. He has never watched the show and didn't even know the character was a girl. Anon was just being a fat cunt.
>>
>>68267684
>>68267653

the guy can write some fucking rock songs that's for sure
>>
he was popular on the Internet once as a partying fellow once, I'm frightened to see a thread dedicated to him now
>>
File: 6409559.0.jpg (102KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
6409559.0.jpg
102KB, 800x533px
Anybody remember this hot mess?
>>
File: c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg (36KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg
36KB, 636x477px
>>
>>68268130
Yeah. It's sad when not even Andrew WK can save something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dg0GTLUHZw

This is his best song and the music video makes it perfect. It use to hype me up so much in high school
>>
>>68268349
I always felt this was better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPpAOAKDDQ
>>
>>68268130
He had an even smaller-budget and even shorter-lived, and awful, kid's show on youtube.
>>
>>68268349
wew. transported back to simpler times
>>
>>68267653
On a strictly musical level... His breakthrough album was practically revolutionary at the time back in 2000 or 2001 whenever that was. All of numetal was this angst-filled edgy wannabe hardcore bullshit and out of nowhere comes this guy dressed in all white who makes positive music and isn't some emo cunt. It was great.

Unfortunately he didn't capture lightning in a bottle twice but he was still going and also experimented with his sound. He didn't experiment a whole lot.... but it was still kick-ass heavy rock music if that's your cup of tea. I love his hidden gem of Japan-exclusive English covers of Japanese karaoke songs.

Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVirz2TT6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLg_QiHw1U

On a personal level..... eh....

I think it's good that he's trying to help people, but he also takes his positivity to ridiculously naive and simple levels that gloss over any sort of real world problems and just tells people to be positive and party and that'll solve everything.

Also like with the furry/brony thing, I'm not a huge fan of how he clings to everything and anything that gives him attention from conservative Fox News talk shows to pony-fucking twitter anons.

Anyways I'd love to see him make a comeback how all these other 90s pop-punk and numetal bands are popular again.
>>
>>68268615
I agree with him being revolutionary. No one had any idea what to do with him, which is a good and bad thing. He seemed like a fluke, and since he never really changed his look or sound or anything he's kind of taken for granted now. But he has some great fucking songs.
>>
>>68268654
>since he never really changed his look or sound or anything

Well...

http://edm.com/articles/2016/9/27/andrew-wk-party-til-we-die

Other than that, it is admirable that he kept his head down for the last like 15 years and just kept doing his own thing and touring, not paying attention to any trends.

I can't fault him for now trying the EDM meme I guess.
>>
>>68268927
I thought I read somewhere that he thinks he had a major part in jumpstarting the modern EDM sound. I guess I can see that? but, naw dude
>>
>>68268927
Completely makes sense for him to make EDM though, fits in with what he's about perfectly
>>
>>68268977
>he thinks he had a major part in jumpstarting the modern EDM sound

wut

I'm pretty sure he was like playing at the Gathering of the Juggalos or something when EDM became a thing in the late 2000s/early 2010s

>>68268996
Very true, but it's still odd/uncomfortable that he's doing it about 5 years too late with a very very generic track like that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.