[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums where the most popular songs are also the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: 613ihbQZ5BL.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
613ihbQZ5BL.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
Here ill start: Sabotage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
>>
File: themollusk.jpg (346KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
themollusk.jpg
346KB, 1425x1425px
>>
>>68265653
there are a lot of posts that are really wrong on /mu/, but you made a good shot at the all time top charts - Sabotage is great and even if you don't like that style of their music it's still easily better than half of tracks.

if you want to go Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique works just fine - for a classic album it's really short on stand-out tracks to begin with - according to Spotify the tracks on the Anniversary Edition that are more popular than the trend of "first tracks get listened to most" or rather "tracks that get listened to more than the previous track over 30 seconds" are: Shake Your Rump, Hey Ladies and Shadrach - all pretty lackluster individual tracks

I could certainly live with someone claiming that Shadrach is the worst track on Paul's Boutique over the ridiculous claim of Sabotage being anywhere near the worst track on Ill Communication
>>
>>68265653
Inb4 somebody incorrectly states MPP

My girls is great stfu
>>
File: disintegration.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
disintegration.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>
File: Dude Guys Stop.jpg (6KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
Dude Guys Stop.jpg
6KB, 250x226px
>>68266240
You better fucking not be talking about Pictures of You. That's one of the Cure's best songs.
>>
File: dg.jpg (54KB, 554x315px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
54KB, 554x315px
yeah I listen to dg

>I've seen footage
>I've seen footage
>I've seen footage
>>
>>68266270
dont worry m8 im just talking about Lovesong, which is still a good song but the worst on an album of great songs
>>
>>68265653
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: funeral.jpg (10KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
funeral.jpg
10KB, 236x214px
Wake Up is over rated, Power Out is the best song on the album
>>
>>68265653
Nevermind - Smells Like Teen Spirit
>>
>>68266325
Ok good, I agree 100%. I never cared for Lovesong. I heard it too much on the radio while working in retail.
>>
File: cure_wish.jpg (268KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cure_wish.jpg
268KB, 1000x1000px
>>68266240
this might work on multiple levels somehow!

I am old and I watched MTV religiously when this came out and Lullaby was huge, also Pictures of You has been very popular and those are kind of close to the bottom - third contender for worst is Lovesong that I think was also a single or otherwise popular track

It's also not difficult to make a point for Friday I'm In Love for being the worst track on Wish - it's a remarkable album in the sense that if you took all the single tracks (High, Friday I'm In Love and A Letter to Elise) the album would become much better.

Maybe Wendy Time can challenge that trio, but at the very least the three singles are all in the worst 4 tracks - take those 4 out and it's no worse than Disintegration.
>>
File: 8122Mvlp-vL._SL1300_[1].jpg (271KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
8122Mvlp-vL._SL1300_[1].jpg
271KB, 1300x1300px
>bullet with butterfly wings

not sure if it's still the most popular desu I think other songs might have eclipsed it by now, but definitely one of the worst on the album
>>
>>68266460
I thought 1979 was the most popular
>>
>>68266357
shit like Une Anee Sans Lumiere and Haiti is much worse than Wake Up, though? Also I don't see a world where Wake Up is the most popular song over the Neighborhood's and Rebellion (Lies)
>>
>>68266492

I think it's both. 1979 is the song considered by most to be the best but BWBW is the one more people would recognize if you were to ask random people on the street whether they've heard it or not.
>>
>>68266618
>1979's rank on the US Billboard Hot 100:12
I don't know, I'm sure everyone would recognized 1979 more than BWBW. It's petty much played on every 90s alt rock station to death.
>>
File: boiz.jpg (30KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
boiz.jpg
30KB, 303x300px
>>68265653
Wrong pick from the Boys.

>>68266142
Also the wrong pick. But I like you. I disagree, but I like ya'. Those three tracks are immaculate imo.
I'd go with 'Johnny Ryall' as its weakest link, that's not saying much though. Paul's Boutique is my #2 GoaT.

While this album is somewhere in my Top 50, 'Fight For Your Right' and 'No Sleep Till Brookyln' are both songs I don't keep on my phone. Not greeeatt.
>>
>>68266755

most people will probably know both so idk why I'm even arguing this, but wikipedia and other sources say BWBW is their lead single from the album and other sources seem to agree. As for why it would be more popular than 1979 when both are pretty much played all the time on the radio, I would say because it's been in more different types of media and contexts giving it a slight edge in popularity:

>was the opening into for whale wars
>was in a weird al song
>was the theme song for some wrestling thing
>was in guitar hero
>was in the trailer for some game

all of this is from wikipedia
>>
>>68266325
nah, last dance is the only song that is good but not as great as the rest.
>>
File: 1472459796089.png (513KB, 719x689px) Image search: [Google]
1472459796089.png
513KB, 719x689px
>>68265653
>ITT contrarian faggots who think they're patrician when they dislike the popular song
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.