[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well it certainly isnt their best album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: YanquiUXO.jpg (15KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
YanquiUXO.jpg
15KB, 214x200px
Well it certainly isnt their best album.
>>
>>68262144
hey FUCK you lmao
>>
it is though
>>
>>68262155
>>68262169
How do you guys like it? It just feels like you're riding a bike up hill an asphalt road on a hot July afternoon somewhere in New Orleans.
>>
>>68262144
Yes it is.
>>
>>68262217
did you finish it? motherfucker redeemer is a god tier track
>>
>>68262217
Because it's their most depressing (yes, even more than f#a#), most captivating, emotional, politically charged, and most rewarding. It was also the best ending track they have ever done at Motherfucker=Redeemer Part 2
>>
>>68262244
how is this better than LYSF
>>
>>68262217
Honestly, it's perfect for driving through a snow storm.
>>
File: emily.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
emily.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>68262246
Emily isn't a girl irl guys, I have insider info
>>
>>68262288
i could see depressing just purely based on the lazy mood im getting but i was at least a lot more emotionally moved by Storm, particularly ending of Storm.
>>
REMINDER
F#A#8>SLOWRIOT>DONTBEND>LYSF>YANQUI>ASUNDER
>>
>>68262326
now that i could see. or this tbqhf https://youtu.be/Hrr3dp7zRQY
>>
>>68262353
THEYRE ALL PRETTY GOOD THO.
>>
>>68262307

>>68262288
In my opinion, it's more focused and emotional for me. The more depressing moments hit harder emotionally, and the more active moments feel more tense and rage inducing. It's a heavier album too.
>>
>>68262346
The first two tracks are both depressing, like the feeling before something extremely terrible is going to happen. The second track is pure sadness at it's core.
>>
>>68262353
1. Yanqui U.X.O
2. Lift your Skinny Fists
3. Asunder Sweet, and Other Distress
4. F#A#
5. Slow Riot
6. 'Allelujah
>>
>>68262419
>>68262444
Maybe i just need to re listen to it for a third time around. But i feel like if its that good it should jump out at me the same way LYSF did. I think it also has to do with there lack of field recordings in Yanqui that make it sound so long and lazy and dragging on. When they put more field recordings it sounds more unique and dynamic to me and makes the instrumentals more prevalent somehow. Idk regardless the band is amazing.
>>
>>68262288
>>68262246
This.
>>
>>68262675
It's certainly a slow burner, but it's all about feeling the sound, and connecting with it emotionally. Sure LYSF is more of an adventure and more emotionally varied, like a cinematic experience. But, Yanqui U.X.O is more emotionally captivating, it's depressing, angry, tense, begrudging, and definitely climactic. The last track is like the moment the nuclear missile strikes, and being in the blast zone. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>68262144
12/28/99 is one of the best Godspeed tracks ever recorded.
>>
>>68262217
For me it perfectly encapsulates how it felt to be a person at the time of its release, and the feeling of the years that followed. I know 9-15-00 is about the intifada, but for me it's a perfect sound for both the intifada and 9/11. The buildings coming down as the track progresses. Rockets Fall is the shock and awe campaign, Motherfucker=Redeemer is a reflection of the fact that we're IN this fucking time, living it. The track is apocalpytic but has subtle traces of the themes of LYSFLATH and F#A#Infinity, in that life is bleak, uncertain, and beautiful. And that ending, the only sample on the album, fucking perfect.
>>
File: beastie.jpg (146KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
beastie.jpg
146KB, 953x953px
>>68262144

am I the only person in the world who for some reason without fail thinks of Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill when seeing this album cover?
>>
>>68262973
>>68262797
Im listening to it again and i can see that now. Right now im trying to understand what the fuck the album is about, like as in what they ment vs. the listeners interpretation.
>>
>>68262973
>I know 9-15-00 is about the intifada
It's not, the original title is 12-28-99, the day Efrim's dog Wanda died.
>>
>>68263030
Not anymore
>>
>>68263085
Hey, multiple meanings know what I mean?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.