[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Björk so underated on /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 1475167820357.jpg (33KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1475167820357.jpg
33KB, 256x256px
Why is Björk so underated on /mu/?
>>
More like overrated
>>
>>68260488

Better question: why is the successor of Bjork, Grimes, so underrated & hated on /mu/?
>>
>>68260585
in no fucking way is she her successor.
>>
>>68260603
Think again https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S68213711#p68217939
>>
>>68260585
She's just misunderstood, Griemeth is amazing
>>
>>68260671
>grimes in any way being in the same universe as bjork in any musical aspect
God you grimes fags make me make miss the alice fags.
>>
>>68260723
Grimes > Bjork tb h
>>
>>68260859
t. never listened to a whole bjork album

Even Bjorks worst album is still better than anything Grimes could make.
>>
>>68260859
>>68260903
stop baiting pls
Grimes ≈ Björk
>>
>>68260903
Yeah, but Bjork sucks.
>>
>>68260948
No.
Bjork literally does everything better.
1. A better discography in both quality and quantity
2. An infinitely better voice and range.
3. Actual range in her work from production to lyricism to singing to experimentation. i.e Grimes could never pull of a Medulla
4. Going above and beyond with things like the Biophilia project (arguably a masterpiece)

I get I'm being baited but you grimes fags are the worst.
>>
>>68261042
That's all arguable except for vocal range
>>
>>68261062
You are delusional &/ shitposting.
>>
>>68260488
she was an indie musical darling in her day. that makes her uncool here.
>>
>>68261081
No, you're just a deluded hater.
>>
>>68261102
Be honest, how much of Bjork's work have you listened to?

I've listened to Visions when it was making its waves here and I found no reason to go back for more.
>>
>>68261148
I've listened to everything from Debut except for Volta.

>have listened to only one album
>judges the whole discography
You're kinda retarded.
>>
>>68261226
>has a completely unenjoyable album on every front
>expecting me to go back and hope the rest isn't the same
>thinking an objectively shit album doesn't mean her disco is shit
Yeah nah.
>>
File: 111.gif (2MB, 399x222px) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
2MB, 399x222px
>>68260585
>>
>>68261291
Yes, you are.
>>
>>68260585

We really can't have any Bjork thread on here without someone mentioning Grimes... They're not that similar. To answer your question, I like Grimes but she's not that good and the same posters keep going on about her all the time, even in threads which aren't even about her, such as this one.

I don't think she's that underrated here though, there's daily Bjork threads, and they're actually good when people discuss music and not just post pics.
>>
Bjork is a godawful lyricist and her "so quirky pixie xD" persona is grating and annoying. She seems to be more interested in being WACKY than actually expressing anything
>>
>>68261291
You just proved his point
>>
>>68261291
idiot
>>
>>68261042
i listened to a couple bjork songs and they kind of all seem the same and uninteresting. i'm not a grimesfag but i enjoy her music and can put on a grimes album and still be entertained

that's all it comes down to for me, what's the big deal about bjork? show me a couple songs that highlight her positive aspects and i'll probably come around
>>
>>68260903
>Even Bjorks worst album is still better than anything Grimes could make.
Come on! Even if you're a huge Bjork fanboy you have to admit Grimes is at least as good as Bjork. And unlike Bjork, Grimes does everything in her music by herself.

Please stop spitting the same things (Bjork is the best, blah blah blah) that media fed you. Use your mind.

PS: Volta was crap.
>>
>>68261042
>Bjork literally does everything better.
No.

>1. A better discography in both quality and quantity
Quantity, yes, because she's was for a longer time in music biz. Quality? Grimes never did some bad albums like Medulla, Volta and app... Biophilia. Even Bjork's best album Homogenic has some annoying filler in it.

>2. An infinitely better voice and range.
Better range, yes. Better voice? Debatable. Bjork could sing more annoying than nails on a blackboard. Grimes has a far more pleasant voice.

>3. Actual range in her work from production to lyricism to singing to experimentation. i.e Grimes could never pull of a Medulla
Are you sure? Grimes has also a lot of range in her music, from quiet sad songs like Shadout Mapes to hyper-kinetic songs like Kill V. Maim. Bjork could never make long experimental jams like Grimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

>4. Going above and beyond with things like the Biophilia project (arguably a masterpiece)
Biophilia was a bore. It simply doesn't have any good songs. What do you remember after listening to it? Nothing. The whole Biophilia project was a gimmick to sell that app.
>>
>>68261291
If you think that way, you're pathetic. You have the nerve to ask how much of Bjork's work that anon listened to. Talking about hypocrisy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLcelg1Kto
>>
How about we have a Bjork thread without Grimes? What Bjork albums is most underrated?

I'm going to say Debut with the
>so overrated its underrated
clause.
Because most would say what comes after is better
>>
grimesfags are the worst
>>
>>68262661
Grimes fan here. Debut is my fave Bjork album. It's her most accessible, fun and electronic album.

That Fluke Minimix of Big Time Sensuality (the same from the music video) is really great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_j3QjRRGZs
>>
>>68260585
There are multiple generals about her every day. Where's my Björk general????
>>
>>68263784
Despite those threads she's really hated by /mu/. They picked the wrong target: the nicest Canuck.
>>
>>68261340
Except her last album was fucking heart wrenching and incredibly personal. You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
As much as I love her she's not underrated
>>
>>68260585
and grimesfags say we're the ones who start the grimes vs björk arguments...it's getting pretty pathetic t b h stay in your threads and we'll stay in ours
>>
>>68264465
What if some Grimes fans are also Bjork fans? Both artists do quirky electronic music.
>>
>>68264504
that's fine, i'm not saying it's bad to like grimes, but this is a BJÖRK thread. we can hardly ever have a nice björk thread without having grimes mentioned in some way which gets everyone distracted from the actual topic: björk. you guys have a new grimes thread everyday, why can't you talk about grimes there?
>>
>>68264738
Fair enough. But the title of this thread is trollish: Bjork is no way underrated. This doesn't seem like a proper /bjork/ thread.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.