[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/grimes/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 52

File: GRIMES.png (754KB, 917x621px) Image search: [Google]
GRIMES.png
754KB, 917x621px
Discuss the super-talented Grimes (Claire Boucher). Remember: be nice to Grimes!

New videos edition:
World Princess Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwhuTlxE54

Butterfly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPk5PpkjMg

Belly of the Beat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpAsOEsamA0

Scream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqp3Ic8iwWE
>>
None of you are capable of enjoying pop music. You're stunted, excruciating manchildren that can't extricate music from the artist you want to """fuck""".
>>
>>68260393
shut up, asshole
>>
>>68260393
Shut up idiot. I love genuinely love good pop music. Grimes is right on top on the quality pyramid.
>>
new videos suck
wheres video diary 2
cmon grimes
>>
>>68260393
I don't want to fuck a woman, I'm gay. I just generally enjoy her music.
>>
That was pretty basic Grimes but I'm still disappointed, only BotB and Butterfly synced the music with the video. The rest could've been better.

6.5/10 for Butterfly, 6/10 for the rest
>>
>>68260393
I don't want to fuck her, I'm asexual.
>>
>>68260373
don't really like em sorry to say
>>
File: realize.png (422KB, 635x355px) Image search: [Google]
realize.png
422KB, 635x355px
What's the deal with scream having something showing out a spelling mistake for "realise" in British English?

I like the videos overall though. Simple but effective, in my opinion.
>>
>>68260474
Why does every gay person like Grimes except me.
>>
>>68260858
"Realize" is correct in American English. Example: Do You Realize?? by The Flaming Lips.
>>
>>68260860
Maybe because music taste is nothing to do with sexual orientation.
>>
>>68260860
From here did you get that weird idea? Plenty of straight guys like her too. The sexual orientation has nothing to do with liking quality music.
>>
>>68260915
That's true. I'm sorry for being ignorant.
>>
>>68260938
>Things you never see on /mu/ for $500
>>
>>68260892
I know this, but why are there blue dots underneath, like a spell-check?
>>
>>68261043
I guess the software used for video editing thought that word was misspelled...
>>
File: Galaxy Upskirt.jpg (152KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy Upskirt.jpg
152KB, 1200x1200px
Why does she only have one dance move?

You know the one where she runs her hands through her hair?
>>
>>68260843
I (reasonably) liked Butterfly but yeah the videos don't go anywhere and its mostly bad wigs and minorities doing interpretive dance. You'd think she would listen to people when they say the videos don't work but she never does and at this point its gone beyond doing her own thing to just being an arrogant asshole.

Also the tracks listened together in the directors cut is interspersed with HANA. Its cool that they're such good friends and want to share fans but the tracks don't go together at all.
>>
>>68261164
improvisation. it's hard to come by sometimes.
the whole "songs from the same period sound the same" can be applied to videos, it seems.

I don't really have anything against the videos though. Glad they even came in, considering Art Angels has been out for a hot minute now
>>
>>68260860
You're a contrarian faggot, my fellow degenerate friend.
>>
For someone who said she didn't like making sexually suggestive songs, Scream's lyrics sure sound like that.
>>
>>68261310
I mean, she didn't even write the lyrics on that
And I think she might have put the song out before she had the translation? Not too sure on that last one.

Who cares what her lyrics are as long as they are FYE
>>
>>68261164
I think most people generally only have a handful of dance moves, and she was probably doing that more because of how curly her hair was in the videos. or frizzy. or whatever
>>
>>68260780
She already pisses in my ears every time I listen to her music.
>>
>>68261310
>she didn't like making sexually suggestive songs
Where did she say that? This is Grimes about Be a Body:
>That’s one of the only happy songs on the album. It’s about physical existence, and sex, and being alive. I’m really opposed to phones, I’m opposed to checking my email. I just think it’s really unflattering that everyone’s always on their computer. ‘Be A Body’ is about physical, sensual existence and about having physical pain and pleasure. It’s about existence. As pretentious as it is, it’s based on a Thomas Aquinas quote where he was trying to talk about how in Medieval Christian thought everyone was super into ‘fuck my life, my physical body is a horrible thing and a representation of sin’, and there’s a passage where Aquinas said “Be a body” and i just thought it was so sick, so bad-ass that he would just say that, just give that straight-up imperative. He was a hip guy.

http://www.electronicbeats.net/the-visions-the-voice-an-interview-with-grimes/

Btw, the Scream lyrics were wrote by that Taiwanese rapper. There's nothing wrong to sing about sex.
>>
ok guys so I really dig grimes, I never got too into pop (besides little asides like FKA twigs, synth pop I love crystal castles) but I wanna get more into catchy experimental pop. do you guys have recommendations along those lines? I'm listening to marina and the diamonds first album right now and it's pretty cool, albeit a lot different than grimes
>>
>>68260373

heh, haven't really checked in since oblivion. i like all of these.
>>
>>68261622
Florrie, Io Echo, Kimbra, Yelle, Class Actress, Purity Ring, Chvrches
>>
>>68261776
oh god. /grimes/ posters really are the worst.
>>
>>68261789
well then do you have better recs or no anon?
>>
>>68261806
Not listening to Chvrches and Purity Ring
>>
>>68261622
Try: John Maus, Ladytron, Chairlift, Chvrches, Purity Ring, iamamiwhoami, Fever Ray, The Knife, Computer Magic, Lilies On Mars, Nite Jewel, Pastel Ghost, Priest, Still Corners, Robyn, Goldfrapp, Man Without Country, Chromatics, Au Revoir Simone, Glass Candy, Xeno & Oaklander.
>>
>>68262039
Your loss. They're actually good.
>>
>>68261622
have you tried corey feldman?
>>
>>68262039
not too big of a fan of either honestly, what do you suggest instead?
>>
It took them three months to put 20 minutes of video in slow motion? Lol what a con job
>>
>>68262199
John Maus, Molly Nilsson, Stereolab
>>
holy shit thats a lot of videos in 1 day. what is happening?
>>
>>68262301
it's all one big music video from her tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQLvqvLvUIY

>>68261622
Allie X, Sylvan Esso, Mr Little Jeans, Phantogram, Melanie Martinez
>>
File: 1475690508726.jpg (146KB, 1046x938px) Image search: [Google]
1475690508726.jpg
146KB, 1046x938px
>>68262301
<- Here's the explanation
>>
>>68262421

thanks m8 i just got reminded of her existence on /tv/ thread just now so i check youtube if there are some new videos or whatnot
>>
>>68262296
What did you expect from these videos considering they were made almost without budget? Seriously, what did you expect?

It's strange to complain about these simple videos considering that Oblivion, Vanessa, Realiti, Nightmusic were also simple videos.
>>
holy fuck she is beautiful in the butterfly video
>>
why does she lock comments on her youtube and other social media?
>>
>>68262971
she needs a safe space bc shes a pussy ass bitch who cant stand criticism
>>
>>68263002
By criticism do you mean vile, retarded, hateful, misogynistic comments? She's rather not have that drivel on the comment section of her videos. These comments don't matter anyway, her videos have an overwhelming number of likes.
>>
I watched all the new videos. They did an amazing job considering the limitations (just a phone for filming). WP2 is my fave so far.
>>
are the vids bad? i was out all day and can watch them in half an hour
>>
>>68264879
Grimes cosplays as Kate Bush in one of them
>>
can't believe you listen to this revolting lib. all she does is tweet anti-trump things. we'll have this talentless lib in shackles and have the rest of you cucks forced to get jobs you wont listen to this cuck music anymore
>>
>>68265137
Get the fuck out, you imbecile.
>>
>>68265182
whats wrong cuck? afraid your numale basket weaving degree is not going to find you a job? keep listening to your effeminate lib music and cry those tears
>>
>>68265213
take your pills anon
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Screenshot_20161005-200749~01.png (239KB, 1080x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161005-200749~01.png
239KB, 1080x1382px
>>68262971
See pic related.
>>
i want to run my fingers through grimes' frizzy hair in the belly of the beast video

>>68265213
fuck off retard
>>
>>68265499
You DO realize that you yourself are a Grimes poster...
>>
>>68265499
>posting in a grimes thread ===> grimes poster
>insulting himself like a dumbass
You won the Dumbass of the Day Award. Congrats!
>>
>>68266257
>>68266176
...and suck a pen15, dumb contrarian.
>>
>>68265462
It's a pity, since I personally LOVE reading/snickering my way through public comments on YouTube videos (not even on 4chan do you get the kind of immediate, pure id reactions to things out of people that you often find there imo.) But she does make a good point about disruptions to the experience, and I'm sure the whole MRA thing is especially distressing to her, given how much of the motivation for that is rooted in the news media's past attempts to meme her into a vapid SJW caricature.
>>
File: CuBiOOUWEAAs5Q7.jpg_large.jpg (23KB, 403x399px) Image search: [Google]
CuBiOOUWEAAs5Q7.jpg_large.jpg
23KB, 403x399px
Visions > Art Angels > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes = Darkbloom
>>
File: popstar_masterminds_in_lairs.jpg (253KB, 2259x480px) Image search: [Google]
popstar_masterminds_in_lairs.jpg
253KB, 2259x480px
>>68266257
>goblin
>>
>>68260373

>Drake‘s short film Please Forgive Me generated a ton of hype and then landed with a resounding thud. Drake’s convoluted heist story and Indecent Proposal nod wasn’t interesting enough as a film to stand on its own, and didn’t provide enough music to be worth the tag of “companion piece” to Views. You might come away from the short with a feeling that musicians should stay away from the arena of mini-movies (and you’d certainly have plenty of evidence on your side), but there is a way for artists to sit in a director’s chair and emerge largely unscathed. And Drizzy would have seen it had he checked in on what his fellow Canadian Grimes was up to.
>
>The electro-pop singer and producer just dropped The AC!D Reign Chronicles, a nearly 40-minute film that follows Grimes, her brother and her best friend Hana as they traveled across Europe. In spite of being filmed on phones with no crew or budget to speak of, it’s miles more captivating than Please Forgive Me. Here are a few key lessons we learned from Grimes on how to do these films the right way.
http://uproxx.com/music/grimes-acid-reign-chronicles-short-film-please-forgive-me/
>>
>>68262421
>best friend Hana
>Not Mike
poor mike :(
>>
>>68266646
poor all of us
>>
>>68266646
Mike is another good friend. She probably likes Hana a little bit more because they toured together for such a long time.
>>
>>68266714
But she's known mike for much longer/used to pal around with him a ton. He was part of her band until she got sick of people thinking he was the mastermind behind grimes.
>>
File: img.png (412KB, 981x465px) Image search: [Google]
img.png
412KB, 981x465px
>>68266646
Just recently Grimes mentioned Mike as her best friend: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJqseS2DuDH/

Apparently she has 2 best friends: Hana and Mike. James is ofc on a separate category (lover?).
>>
>>68266786
best friend with benefits.
(jk boyfriend)
>>
>>68262791
all the time*
>>
forgot how good these songs are. like from a writing standpoint, these are extremely good songs.
>>
why can't i comment?

Grimes is cute!!
>>
>>68266953
That's right. These songs are really well written. They could stand out even with minimal production.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>68266963
cute!!!
>>
>>68267331
The cutest!
>>
I don't know about you, but I really love the visuals of her new videos. I don't want fancy stories and effects, just Grimes singing in exotic locations and wearing nice outfits. Her best videos are her simplest (see Oblivion, Vanessa, Realiti as a prime example).
>>
File: image.png (791KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
791KB, 1136x640px
>>68267358
so cute!
>>
all her videos are her dancing around like she's 7 years old. she's like 30.
>>
>>68267583
I know she looks perpetually 18
>>
so i just watched the 3 vids
my favorite was butterfly, the shots are beautiful and it just fits the song
second goes for belly of the beat, it's like butterfly, the editing style and shots fit the laid back sound but i think butterfly was better, not that much better anyway
but world princess pt 2 deserved a high budget, or at least a something-budget music video! the song is so catchy and explosive and the video doesn't go with that. if you don't want to put money into it, at least include more crowd-going-crazy shots in the chorus!

overall i went with low expectations seeing everyone replies here but i was gladly surprised, though i'm still mad about wp2

p.s i also didn't like her hairstyle and makeup choices but that's how she looks now, i hope it changes soon lol, tho i know some people here like it
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>68267795
She's gorgeous unless she intentionally tries to not be
>>
>>68267828
i don't like it but she looks less feminine and umm "vulnerable"? so i'm sure she loves it
>>
File: image.jpg (334KB, 1024x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334KB, 1024x1537px
>>68267846
She switches back and forth between an androgynous image that still shows that she's a woman and a straight up feminine image. I'm sure she changes her image daily
>>
>>68267907
maybe it's just her aging? but i could swear i saw circa 2012 grimes still there in a recent video of her just by changing the hairstyle to an older one in my imagination, her face looked the same
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>68268083
Her hair has been shorter but that's pretty much it. She's just going through phases
>>
>>68260373

>With every visual album, digital lyric book, magazine or digital short story artists release, the process of releasing an album feels more like an act of immersive world-building than the simple mix-master-publish process that has preceded every release since the dawn of the music industry. In a way, Ac!d Chronicles seems to offer a brief pause to check this multimedia arms race.
>
>It proves that visual supplements needn't have a huge budget or time investment — a la Lemonade, Kanye West's Runaway or Drake's short film Please Forgive Me — to make capital-S Statements. A camera and a costume box can offer just as heartwarming a view into an artist's interior creative landscape as any blockbuster.
https://mic.com/articles/155957/grimes-the-ac-d-reign-chronicles-offers-an-empowering-fresh-take-on-the-visual-album#.oq9zX4Qju
>>
>>68266407
>Darkbloom last and on the same level as GP

Kys
>>
>>68260373
fags, the lot of ya
>>
what are your thoughts on the thrashique song? and the secret easily video?
>>
>>68269688
>6 new Grimes MVs
>there are now MVs for 11 of the 14 Art Angels songs
>none of them are Artangels or Pin
Why do you do this to me Claire :(
>>
>>68269770
>inb4 mike and james have been making a grimes video game about artangels and pin
>>
>>68269688
>thrash
Could be, I suppose. They've never really speculated publicly about what genre(s) they're combined musical talents would most closely resemble.
>>
>>68267795
agreed anon. to be honest all 4 of her videos are sort of samey and just kind of blend in with one another, i'd have preferred just one video with this style - personally i liked the flesh video more. it just feels quite rushed as if she's trying to put out a video for each song on artangels? but hey more power to claire, i'm just a fan
>>
>>68270012
i think the problem is they didn't have any more money to do any more music videos.
>>
>>68260373
>Record Exec: Hey Grimes your shows are selling out and your records are doing great! Here's some money so you can shoot music videos of you and your friends playing dress up in Europe.
>>
>>68270293
>Grimes: Thanks!
>Proceeds to use $0 of that and instead uses it to subsidize her break from touring
I'm not even mad.
>>
>You can watch the individual cuts of the videos if you so please on Grimes' and Hana's individual YouTube channels, though they are best watched together. It makes sense as a visual album, albeit mashed up from two separate audio albums by two separate articles. Which, we guess, would technically make it a "visual mixtape."
>In any event, remember when, a few years ago, the music world was worried about the death of the album? In a world where people prefer to buy songs $0.99-a-pop off of iTunes or curate them into their own playlists on services like Spotify, would artists even be able to present collections of songs as a full vision anymore?
>As unplanned as it may be, Grimes and Hana are the latest to prove that artists can still take control of how their own songs are consumed.
http://www.wmagazine.com/story/grimes-turned-her-european-trip-into-7-brand-new-music-videos
>>
>>68260373

so excited about the new videos! butterfly is the best.
>>
WHERES VENUS FLY
>>
>>68271140
More like where's Pin. She needs Janelle to do Venus Fly.

Artangels has to be done in Montreal, so I understand that not coming out.
>>
File: leafdup.jpg (330KB, 1024x608px) Image search: [Google]
leafdup.jpg
330KB, 1024x608px
apparently she's related to this guy on her dad's side of the family
>>
>>68271177
Artangels needs a vid, it only makes sense
>>
>>68271191
who is that and how do you know?
>>
>>68271191
is he our man on the inside
>>
>>68266786
perfect illusion also happens to be the worst song of lady gaga's career just like go. everything this guy touches turns to subpar pop music.
>>
>>68271448
>Go
>Bad
>Perpetuating this meme
you're a shit.
>>
>>68271348
lol. not really. my big bro's best friend is a promoter in vancouver and mentioned that he saw grimes tap devin on the shoulder and he turned around all surprised and said something like "oh hey claire" and they hugged. Then they apparently talked about singing with his parents (also musicians) years ago and talked about how things were going for them and that they should meet up again sometime some or some other typically family type stuff.
>>
>>68271814
thats super cute.
>>
No one has mentioned how thicc Aristophanes is? I think she looks better than Claire does.
>>
>>68272262
she's fat not thicc, but idc really, i prefer Claire bc of the model body
>>
>>68272262

are you sick?
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 440x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 440x852px
>>68272319
Hip/waist=2
>>
>>68272350
yup, and its perfect
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1024x576px
>>68272382
and her chest looks nice too. they're not big but they look nice
>>
>>68272406
I hate it when chicks are self conscious of their small chest, if anything its a plus in most cases
>>
>>68272432
I mean don't get me wrong, if I'm with a girl and she has bigger breasts I'm not complaining at all. There's pros and cons to both, but I always just focus on the positives
>>
>>68272350
>cutting out her butler/lover
>>
>>68272443
hahaha yes of course
>>
>>68271177
>Artangels has to be done in Montreal, so I understand that not coming out.

This. Artangels Montreal music vid would be so cool and nostalgic.
>>
Grimes rules the world
>>
I was there when they were filming some of the belly of the beat stuff. it was in this event room in the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
>>
File: image.jpg (307KB, 940x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 940x786px
>>68272558
What did you say to Grimes?
>>
>>68272598
Grimes, I love you, let me smell your feet!
>>
>>68272598
So I didn't see grimes. I walked by when Hana was doing her thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-NQGmXUBE and we just exchanged a glance and she smiled.
>>
>>68272717
Did she know you knew who she was?
>>
>>68272693
i second this
>>
>>68272443
>>68272432
>>68272406
>>68272382
>>68272350
>>68272262
I appreciate you guys like her looks, but this kind of talk belongs in /hr/ or /s/
>>
>>68272724
No idea. I think she was probably just somewhat self conscious cause she was dressed up dancing on that cabinet being filmed so it was kinda goofy. It was at this super expensive swiss hotel.
>>
Do you guys think that they should release some collab songs?
A "Trashique" EP would be great
>>
>>68272798
Yes. I would love that. The secret single they released in the Directors Cut was really good.
>>
>>68272262
Aristophanes though.. got damn
>>
File: image.png (327KB, 540x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
327KB, 540x415px
>>68272989
Doesn't look better than Claire
>>
>>68272999
No one looks better than Claire, she's the ultimate goddess
>>
>>68273010
I wouldn't say goddess
>>
>>68273026
Claire is something else
>>
>>68273062
a good artist
>>
>>68273074
that too
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 609x607px
>>68273062
She's extremely talented and very beautiful inside and out, but the term goddess doesn't sit well with me.
>>
>>68273117
waifu
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 607x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 607x774px
>>68273140
Nah not waifu either. I don't think about her that much, relatively speaking.
>>
>>68273151
THICC
>>
>>68273151
She's a perfect fairy, I'm sure that she have been through some shitty situations, I just want her to be happy, as I feel when I listen to her music
>>
>>68272735

piss of. her body is part of her.
>>
File: 1467283504275.jpg (125KB, 640x844px) Image search: [Google]
1467283504275.jpg
125KB, 640x844px
>>68260373
>cause I'm only a man
how can any self respecting male like her?
>>
>>68261622
xiu xiu has a lot of pop hooks while being a bit experimental with it
>>
>>68269688
The whole chronicle is quite amazing desu and contains some incredibly beautiful shots which are astounding, especially given the budget...
And it works well aswell as an emotional story arc, since it starts out heavy and rises and wanes out to something more peaceful by the end. And despite there being people here who find that their music don't fit well together, i do think that Hanas voice gives it a subtle and vulnerable edge throughout - however, some of the reason that some people might feel disonance could maybe be attributed to the fact that most of Hanas videos are shot solo, but they are after all also more attuned to be that way and i do think that her part of the videos are very well suited to their theme.

The Scream video is by far the best at capturing the craziness and raw power of the song imo, while butterfly might have the most interesting shots, and easily the most beautiful scenery as the dancing in it is very harmonious to watch, while belly of the beat gives off a nice and carefree vibe.
And the Trashique song is gorgeous imo: Claires' voice gives it an almost church like quality to it, while it being upbeat gives it a sense of purpose in a way - and all in all a good ending to the chronicle imo.

I guess they could have included more of a scenario in some form, and maybe the outfits gave of a sense of randomness to some. But if it's supposed to be a tribute to art and the freedom of it, i do see a point in not implementing an extended one and letting it fall on visuals while being so diverse and low budget, and there definitely is meaning behind the clothing.

Hopefully, it'll grow on people as they notice more details, because it does have a good element of rewatchability as it is very aesthetic.
And i definitely recommend watching the chronicle as a whole since the music videos by themselves lose a bit of the emotional value of the journey attatched on their own.

But yeah, overall it kinda made me miss Italy. :)
>>
>>68269688
which one was the trashique song?

also, that fucking soundcloud beatmaker type beat that was in there somewhere? fucking hot.
>>
>>68271140
>>68271177
>>68271227
>>68269770
Maybe these videos are next. Have some patience, Grimes is working hard to make her fans happy.
>>
>>68274774
I don't want her shitty diy videos
I want VIDEO DIARY 2
>>
>>68274804
>I don't want her shitty diy videos
You're not a real fan. Please don't call yourself a Grimes fan if you hate her DIY videos.
>>
>>68274880
>if i don't like everything she does im not a REAL fan
Stop trolling. its too early for this shit
She has a perfect opportunity to connect with us fans in a personal matter. Hana and her could have interviewed each other and cleared the air on a lot of subjects.
>>
>>68260373
still no pin video
>>
>>68275005
Honestly, Grimes' music videos are more about having a nice visual to complement the song, not really telling the song's story in visual form.

Good luck trying to see her brand herself or be drunk in a parking lot fighting with someone
>>
>>68275027
who would watch that?
>>
>>68275117
In an artistic way that's completely fake, of course. I would never want to see someone harm themselves!

The same way that I would have wanted to see her stab another version of herself in Flesh Without Blood or whatever (scrapped scene). It would look cool, and I would know no Claires were harmed.
>>
>>68275117
I'd love to see that.
But Pin is more about losing yourself with someone else and breaking as a result thereof, because it all just disappears.
>>
>>68260373
ok, i accept her as an artist now
the new canadian bjork
>>
>>68275442
ok nevermind
her music is absolute shit
>>
>>68275537
what went wrong?
>>
>>68275575
i watched a video with sound
made the judgment based off her body
then watched he video and the music is shit
i am better than her and she should suck my cock
>>
>>68260858
>>68260892
>>68261043
you literally said British English then American English apparently without noticing the change

and yes it is more commonly spelt with an s in British English
>>
>>68275605
you wouldn't even care if she did
>>
>>68275631
it's cool that she filmed these on iPhone though. idk i just don't think she's a musician. she's just a girl. is that sexist?
>>
>>68275442
>>68275537
>>68275605
Don't feed this asshat troll. He hates Grimes.
>>
>>68275703
well if you're being honest and that's how you feel, i can't tell you what's wrong or how you should value her can i?
>>
>>68275992
not really. thanks for respecting my feelings about her- taste is very subjective. i do find her attractive though.
>>
>>68275759
i have a celebrity crush on grimes
>>
>>68276103
wtf is a celebrity crush
>>
>>68276103
If you don't like her music that's useless and shallow.
>>
These new vids were shot on a phone, that's fucking incredible
>>
Claire is my waifu and I love her more than my own life.
>>
>>68276582
Yes. They look awesome. Who else could do so much with so little?
>>
>>68276810
who else but the gang of Grimes, Hana, and Mac

mad props
>>
>>68260393
Something tells me she wouldn't want to fuck a pre-op trap. I might fling it out if she was game who knows.
>>
File: 23418463923_43293611c3_o.jpg (2MB, 1501x1200px) Image search: [Google]
23418463923_43293611c3_o.jpg
2MB, 1501x1200px
>>68276748
And im
>>
File: 655667.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
655667.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>68260393
I'm crazy in love with her music
And I want to have sex with her
>>
>>68276582
And they were all filmed by ONE MAN, no less...
>>
File: 1469911514696.gif (2MB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
1469911514696.gif
2MB, 450x259px
>>68276103
>>
Good thing the long version had Hana's music in it, too.

I finally heard songs other than Clay and the shit is FIRE, as is Clay.
>>
just listened to go for the first time, grimes singing sounds great in the intro actually, even though the opening instrumental is alright. but that trap drop. what the fuck. generic shit
>>
File: ezgif-4133769737.gif (3MB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4133769737.gif
3MB, 480x620px
>>
>>68279714
daaaaamn
>>
>>68279714
>when your James dusts the shelves and eats the pussy

that's a cool gif though. is it from the new AA videos?
>>
File: 14756991068383.jpg (39KB, 665x620px) Image search: [Google]
14756991068383.jpg
39KB, 665x620px
>>68279976
butterfly
>>
>>68279714
Will she finally start acting like the sloot she is?
>>
World Princess Part II is an underrated song. I love that lil chiptune lead
>>
>>68280098
be nice to grimes
>>
>>68280125
NO, she wasn't nice to me, those videos are really boring.
>>
File: 1475779082961.jpg (911KB, 1280x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1475779082961.jpg
911KB, 1280x1692px
>>68280170
You are boring.
>>
>>68280932
hot
>>
File: 1469828302481.jpg (127KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
1469828302481.jpg
127KB, 400x545px
>>68280932
doesn't look a thing like her.
>>
File: ezgif-2274134819.gif (3MB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-2274134819.gif
3MB, 480x620px
>>
File: 02-grimes-coachella.jpg (82KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
02-grimes-coachella.jpg
82KB, 452x640px
>>68282485
Dude. Seriously.
>>
>>68279976
Underrated post
>>
Sadly, Grimes could have been so much more. She is just not a creative enough artist, or a deep enough thinker to bring pop music into the territory of art. Strangely, even lady Gaga was better in the late 2000s, at mining the human experience into pop art. She had energy, although it was short-lived. Basically Grimes is repeating Lady Gaga, except all her songs sound the same. Grimes problem is she has too big of an ego, mixed with too much of an inferiority complex, so she will never swallow her pride and find a male record producer to lead her into the type of groundbreaking, minimalistic synth pop that she's striving toward. Grimes stubbornness to seek male help is ensuring her place as a curiosity. A relic. I for one am tired of these egotistical female pop artists who think they know everything and can compete with the likes of David Bowie and Bjork, who both brought knowledge, not just of musical history, but of world history, and art history. They were not just pop artists, but they helped to practically INVENT pop. They were groundbreaking visionaries. Grimes, like Lady Gaga, is destined to only be a pretender, and maybe that is okay. Maybe that defines millennials. They grew up witnessing amazing artists, then raised their hand saying 'me too, me too', and the musical establishment asked: okay, but what can you offer? Then they lift their shirt up, show their tits and spout SJW-isms.
>>
File: 1470944911816.gif (801KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
1470944911816.gif
801KB, 250x170px
>>68282908
>Gaga better at mining the human experience into pop art
False. Try actually listening to the lyrics, especially of her older songs.
>She had energy
Grimes has a lot more energy than Gaga ever did.
>All her songs sound the same
Patently false. Tell me Kill V. Maim and California sound the same. Tell me Sagrad and Hallways sound the same. Tell me Caladan and Rosa sound the same. Tell me Color of Moonlight and Genesis sound the same.
And that's ignoring the fact that these comparisons all share the same album and therefore the same basic genre. Compare outside of albums and it's entirely undeniable.
>she will never swallow her pride and find a male record producer to lead her into the type of groundbreaking, minimalistic synth pop that she's striving toward
First of all, most producers in the game are way fucking worse than she is. The ones that are actually good are too busy with their own projects to spend time on somebody else's project. Secondly, Grimes is her own project, nobody else. Finally, she is striving towards anything BUT minimalist. You don't even understand the concepts you're using in sentences, go figure you don't understand that minimalism != good.
>I for one am tired of these egotistical female pop artists who think they know everything and can compete with the likes of David Bowie and Bjork
She can and she is. Grimes doesn't need to bring music history, she is making it. Those are the real important people.
>but they helped to practically INVENT pop
You're retarded.
>Then they lift their shirt up, show their tits and spout SJW-isms
Stupid numale hipster just leave.
>>
File: Grimeth (20).jpg (428KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
Grimeth (20).jpg
428KB, 600x901px
>>68282908
I believe grimes take completely different approach compared to vast majority than most musicians. It is a way of life for her and creative outlet as well. She doesn't do it for fame or money in particularly, She do it for herself for the life experience. It is is irrelevant if she do something bigger than life or not as long as she does whatever she wants to do.

These I want to be the greatest talks never had any depth anyway, it just role-playing as much as UFC fighter stuff.
>>
is it true that grimes will do anything for her fans?
>>
>>68282908
This pasta sucks and you can't prove anything from it. I dare you.
>>
>>68283048
Solid post. This memer >>68282908 was completely btfo.
>>
>>68283304
Absolutely NO, she exploits her fans.
>>
>>68282908
>minimalist
the only minimalist song she has ever put out (besides Gloam which doesn't count) is Easily. Everything else consists of super complex arrangements.
>>
>>68283304
It's false. But Grimes does a lot to make her fans happy. She's the sweetest artist in this dark universe.
>>
Even if she would do only minimalist work, why that would be a bad thing? Kraftwerk did minimalist synthpop and they're freaking legends.
>>
File: nnn.gif (593KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
nnn.gif
593KB, 300x169px
I only wish that we would all have grimeses as ours gfs. Is this damn too much to ask?
>>
>>68260373
>super-talented

what's there to discuss? then again, you're just bunch of delusional faggots
>>
File: 1456325451238.jpg (742KB, 2000x2575px) Image search: [Google]
1456325451238.jpg
742KB, 2000x2575px
most beautiful woman ive ever seen desu
>>
File: GettyImages-491690496.jpg (209KB, 684x1026px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-491690496.jpg
209KB, 684x1026px
I got an endorphin rush when I saw her videos uploaded, pure hype.

I always get these kind of feelings whenever she graces us with her content
>>
>>68284100
It's too much...
>>
>>68284100
Anon, I'm as big of a Grimes music fan as you'll find on this board, but you might wanna have a good sit-down with Devon Welsh...
>>
>>68284238
>Posting a closed-loop conversation with yourself - where you call other people delusional - to a public message board...
>>
Grimes and her crew did a really good job with these videos. Really beautiful and nothing to distract from the songs (so many music videos are guilty of cheap gimmicks like adding environment noises or interrupting the songs).
>>
>>68266407

GP is good, Darkbloom has one good song
>>
>>68284403

not with those bangs

her "new" black hair color she posted on instagram is cute tho
>>
>>68284900
I have to admit before Grimes I thought bangs on a girl were unattractive.

Since Grimes I have grown an appreciation for bangs. I love the hairstyle she has in Vanessa. Very attractive.
>>
>>68284653
What do you mean?
>>
>>68285046
Know ye not your Grimes lore, Anon?
https://youtu.be/XyEOVB1KADc
>>
>>68285259

did claire bang that arab fuck? say it aint so
>>
File: devon welsh.jpg (36KB, 807x535px) Image search: [Google]
devon welsh.jpg
36KB, 807x535px
>>68285429
>>
>>68285429
Be nice to Majical Cloudz, Anon. He's a cool dude.
>>
>>68285259
I don't understand
>>
>>68286610
http://www.gorillavsbear.net/majical-cloudz-mountain-eyes/
>>
>>68287038
I didn't hear anything really bad.
>>
>>68287117

its the grimes comment u nigger
>>
>>68287197
i meant in the song
>>
>>68287220

I'm saying, that whole comment train was about her being a good GF, and in the comments of that song, grimes admits she is a "shitty girlfriend". Do you get it now, F.A.M.?
>>
File: 1461532629313.png (433KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461532629313.png
433KB, 800x450px
i cant stop looking at pics of her

im obsessed
>>
File: just do it boi.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
just do it boi.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>68287816
>you will NEVER tug on her monkey ears
>>
File: 2.png (514KB, 481x590px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
514KB, 481x590px
>>68287839
i want to boop her perfect nose
>>
File: grimes hat.png (2MB, 864x1536px) Image search: [Google]
grimes hat.png
2MB, 864x1536px
>>68287852

>posting the worst pics
>>
>>68284100
Quite possible given she only has open relationships.
>>
what do you want grimes next hit song to be about?
>>
>>68288167
barclay's
>>
>>68288167
harambe
>>
>>68288153
claire seems like someone who falls in love too easy
>>
>>68282908
Grimes is a hipster first and foremost, despite what they claim to want, traditional pop success means failure in their eyes if it comes too easily. Modern pop culture creators are smart enough to factor in audience fatigue for an idol, self-sabotage and exaggeration will net an artist more underdog cred for the long term.
>>
>>68287852
a little cheek reduction surgery and I'm in love.
>>
>>68288567
>Grimes is a hipster
Grimes is definitively NOT a hipster - she's a surrealist yuppie. You need to expand your Grimesian vocabulary:
http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/music/2012-10-04/surrealist-yuppie-grimes/
>>
>>68289449
>this term was made by her
>>
>>68289449
That's about the most hipster thing you could say after being called one. You gotta reject the term AND the effects of lifestyle or else you are one.
>>
>>68289478
Yes. Why else would I be calling it Grimesian vocabulary?

>>68289546
>Obviously not reading the linked article

Here - to make life even easier for you:

>Everyone calls us hipsters, and we decided we’re not really hipsters. We were trying to decide where we fit in the spectrum of sub-genres, and we kind of concluded that we’re surrealist yuppies, because we’re really into mainstream pop music and hi-fi things and catchy things and making things awesome. We’re into working really hard and eating healthy food and exercising, and we’re also really into psychedelic experimentation and being weird. Obviously doing weird things with our music.
>
>A surrealist yuppie is a type of person who's between the hipsters and the mainstream, who's still doing creative things, but isn’t disdainful of mainstream success. Just because something is engineered by a bunch of guys in suits doesn’t make in necessarily bad. We think PSY is the king of the surrealist yuppies because he's really rich and successful. He writes songs for pop stars, but he's also a total weirdo and clearly very intelligent and talented. He’s doing interesting and subversive things in the context of pop music. He’s the most successful surrealist yuppie that we know.
>>
>>68289449
>>68289478
>>68289806
she's even more hipster than any regular hipster at this point
>>
File: 20161006_205955.jpg (3MB, 2660x2173px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_205955.jpg
3MB, 2660x2173px
>>
>>68289806
Hipster is a term that follows the people who follow trends so much they try to set new ones. If those trends become saying you like mainstream but doing everything besides what is mainstream then it is still "hipster" (up to and including trying to shake the negative hipster label for something quirkier and more unique).

The only way out is to show that you think there are more important things than ensuring uniqueness.
>>
>>68289920
i seriously need to lose the calories but never have the time
>>
>>68289874
grimes is our hipster queen and we are her hipsterettes.
>>
>>68290215
ok well you can play hipster but i actually look like this
>>
>>68290244
what did he mean by this
>>
>>68272350
Good to see her waist thin again, the world doesn't need another chocolate baby.
>>
>>68290215
you can call grimes celebrity trash just don't call her a hipster, it's disrespectful to women.
>>
>>68290512
lmao
>>
I'm gonna need some information on her new videos.
>>
>>68290692
they're good
>>
>>68290692
Depending on who you ask, the majority of her fans think theyre a bit weak compared to her production quality over the past few years. Overall though, I think they're ok
>>
>>68283085

>that filename

clever, i kek'd
>>
File: fat fuck eats garbae.jpg (38KB, 385x501px) Image search: [Google]
fat fuck eats garbae.jpg
38KB, 385x501px
>>68290018

>it takes time to not eat as much
>>
>>68291051
>go to mcdonalds
>have a meal in 1 minute
>cook something
>have a meal in 1 hour
>>
>>68290692
they're just alright, it's obvious that she was having fun without trying to make anything special
>>
>>68291062

You could lose weight while eating at mcdonalds, so that theory is out the window fatboy. It's also very easy to throw some chicken in the slow cooker, or grill a bunch of chicken at once and save it for later. You're posting on 4chan my man, you have time to spare.
>>
>>68291093
i dont have the time to mentally force myself to care enough to actually go through with it

how about that?
>>
https://clyp.it/j1pedyb1
>>
>>68291109
pretend
>>
File: meh.jpg (77KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
77KB, 384x313px
>>68291152
is this off her harsh noise album?
>>
>>68291152
you seem lost
>>
>>68291179
full disclosure I'm not the anon who started this chain, and I'm also skinny not fat.
>>
>>68291242
i have high metabolism, it's pretty sweet
>>
>>68289993
Hipster is just a term for the kind of person who considers the social status connected with liking/disliking certain things to be more important than what they may personally think of the things themselves.

To put it another way, the hipster's highest priority is to be consistently perceived of as 'cool' in the eyes of his or her peers - even if that means failing to stay true to his or her own opinions on things - all for the sake of avoiding ever being thought of as 'uncool'.

Grimes has absolutely no qualms whatsoever about expressing her own deeply held opinions on things regardless of how 'uncool' they may make her seem at any given time (eg. unironically liking Justin Bieber.) Whatever Grimes is ("surrealist yuppie" it seems) - she ain't no hipster.
>>
>>68291491
grimes is the queen of hipsters wtf are u even on about
she is the girl tao lin
>>
File: IMG_5234.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5234.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>68292471
>haha yep jutht trying to be megan boyle im not a hipthter tho
>>
>>68291074
they are the best damn phone videos i've ever seen, you obviously just can't appreciate the quality of art that goes into them.
>>
>>68291062
>combination of 9 types of fatty oils, salts and processed carbs
>minimal nutritional value specifically designed to inspire impulsiveness in the consumer for much longer after they have been eaten
>olive oil (and complex carbs)
>lots of nutritional value outside of energy, tasty but not addictive and can even help cleans your arteries from other bad oils.
>>
>>68293271
realiti video is better
>>
>>68291491
She is a massive hipster. If saying you unironically liked uncool things in an attempt to make them cool again released you from your hipsterism then there would be no hipsters.
>>
>>68293271
>those music videos
>art
>>
>>68267358
That other girl looked awkward as fuck trying to act quirky. I feel like the people who hang out with Grimes are posers who put on this forced eccentricity so that they can be cool enough to hang out with Grimes.
>>
>>68293271
I can appreciate the beauty of these videos, but that's all. If you actually see an underlying topic, you can describe it.
And you better watch the Realiti video for the first time.
>>
>>68294033
Watch christmas song 2 video, james looks like he is in normie hell.
>>
>>68260373
what phone did they use to shoot those videos?
>>
@68294925

>Skinny
>ADHD
>Cancerous fans
the only relevant ones
>>
>>68295476
found a hipster
>>
>>68291491
That's right. Hipsters are posers, they pretend to like a lot of things to look cool. Grimes is genuine about what she likes.
>>
>>68294041
These new videos used the same recipe as the Realiti video: Grimes wandering on various locations and the occasional footage from her shows. What's not to like about them? Would you prefer a story behind them, to distract from the songs?
>>
File: Grimeth (411).jpg (698KB, 960x1261px) Image search: [Google]
Grimeth (411).jpg
698KB, 960x1261px
>>68295790
Hipster is very broad term that describe even more diverse group of people. Almost every hipster would get offended if he was called hipster as nobody like when his whole character/identity compressed into some very vague singular term that is mostly described by urban myths. In the end grimes is hipster, whether she likes that label or not. But that label is just meaningless.
>>
File: 1352737229139.jpg (169KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1352737229139.jpg
169KB, 1280x850px
>not posting the most iconic Grimes image
>>
>>68296561
who needs that much elephant semen?
>>
>>68293451
Your missing the point, Anon. The hallmark of hipsterism is changing ones' opinions on things (whether liking OR disliking) in direct response to popular trends. Grimes is notorious for having and HOLDING TO 'uncool' opinions on things - regardless of whether or not they eventually become 'cool' as time passes and trends reverse themselves (as they inevitably do.) Consistency of opinion regardless of other people's opinions is the antithesis of hipsterism, and it's something that Grimes is known for.
>>
>>68296626
>in direct response to popular trends
They mostly try and stay ahead of them before they become too trendy - then they will either shut up about it or make note of how they were among the first to like it (which is kinda what you are doing now)

>consistency
She flip-flopped on her armpits shaving, being found cute and veganism.

She was probably just going after the all ages crowd by praising Bieber. It's like >>68296212
says... these types don't like to be easily understood so occasionally hipsters change it up a bit.
>>
File: 1472242906836.jpg (409KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472242906836.jpg
409KB, 1600x1200px
>>68295831
>What's not to like about them?

We already had two, dare I say, iconic videos like these new. And it's not the real problem, I don't like them as much as Realiti or Oblivion videos because they're not that sincere. Realiti video wasn't supposed to be a music video initianlly, while these new videos were made like Realiti one in purpose, I mean you can see it in lots of different aspects like that not shaking camera, dance moves, all these dancers. It feels like something inbetween of Realiti and previous Art Angels videos, and is not as good as any of those.

And they're not even close to Oblivion video either, this one contains lots of occaisional moments out of script, it was beautiful in its chaos, it has a clear concept which adds to the lyrics of the song.

>Would you prefer a story behind them, to distract from the songs?

Her previous AA videos seemed to have some kind of story, and it's confirmed that Flesh without Blood/Life in the Vivid Dream video contains it. What about her pre-Art Angels stuff, she always had new idea or concept for every video, and they was always unique.

Also previous Art Angels videos had some connections, and this act thing was promising something interesting, so I was hoping that she's going to expand them. I wouldn't be disappointed that much, if she made only one Realiti-like video, but she made four.

Maybe I overrated the potential of AA videos, but if it's so, she clearly made me to do it, and it's even more disappointing, because at this point she's not far from this herself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2AXhYKEpcI

Not to mention that they're not as colorful and vivid as previous, they don't fit the music itself, except for Scream video, which reminds me of both Realiti and Go videos on occasion, but I just can't stand Aristophanes' bad acting. And this song had much more potential for a story video than any other.
>>
>>68260373
Has she put on more weight?

I don't want her too thic to be my waifu.
>>
Grimes and Lauren are so hot that I don't mind the whole feminist- 'pp-please dont sexualize me!!" bullshit.
>>
>>68297108
i don't see the appeal in lauren
>>
>>68297136
She's hot.
>>
>>68260373
I want Grimes.
>>
>>68297108
Lauren looks like a 13-year-old boy so fuck off
>>
>>68297262
Nope, no she doesn't
>>
>>68297262
who in their right mind doesn't wanna see two trap-a-likes scissor to the death?
>>
>>68296767
>They mostly try and stay ahead of them
Which is still an example of using trends as a substitute for forming consistent opinions on things.

>She flip-flopped on her armpits shaving
>>“I just started shaving for the first time this year,” she said. “I am rebelling against my previous body hair, because now people get mad when I shave my legs. So I’m like, ‘I have the right to shave my legs.’ I think people policing my body either way is bizarre.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/grimes-has-begun-shaving-her-body-hair-to-rebel-against-people-policing-her-body-a6925136.html

>being found cute
>>A: It must be tempting to try to control that image a little.
>>G: It is, but I’ve kind of given up on it. When people say, 'Ohhh, Grimes is so cute and girly,’ I’m just like, 'Whatever. That’s what you want. I’ll just be that if that’s what you want me to be in your mind. I’m not going to fight that.’ It’s like the most first-world problem ever.
http://grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/140857883740/grimes-the-happy-reader-winter-2015

>veganism
>>G: The thing is, I never called it veganism. My stepdad is Hindu, and so he just doesn’t eat meat, and so growing up, it was just no meat, no cheese. He would make all this amazing Indian food, and that was what I ate. It didn’t really ever cross my mind that I was vegan or vegetarian. Then I grew up and I was like, ‘Oh yeah, veganism, that’s great,’ but then I didn’t understand all the terminology or hard-line rules.

None of the above changes of behavior are flip-flops since the underlying reasons/opinions for her actions haven't changed.
>>
i hope she is doing well
>>
>>68296865
>they're not as colorful and vivid as previous
Wot? They're very colorful and vivid. Just look at those awesome landscapes + buildings & Grimes + Hana's dancing.
>>
File: 1469783439779.jpg (151KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1469783439779.jpg
151KB, 1024x682px
I have such a huuuuge crush on grimo you guys
>>
>>68299085
they're less vivid than any other Art Angels music video
>>
>>68299522
I think the word you're looking for is 'fantastical' rather than 'vivid' (because these videos are incredibly vivid imo - both in terms of color use and visual clarity.) It's hard to pull off fantastical in a no-budget production setting - as seen here. There's nothing wrong with understanding those limitations and then going on to do your best at doing the thing you want to do anyway either. That's how all great artists function - by transforming their logistical limitations into tools with which to fashion their art.
>>
File: 14650331337960.jpg (167KB, 512x617px) Image search: [Google]
14650331337960.jpg
167KB, 512x617px
Latest things she made:
>her worst single
>her worst music videos

is she going to be alright, boys?
>>
>>68300197
>It's hard to pull off fantastical in a no-budget production setting
>what is Realiti video
>>
>>68300233
You're too worried.

>her worst single
A song made for a soundtrack, no big deal.

>her worst music videos
Did you forget about Crystal Ball & Nightmusic already? These new videos are awesome in their simplicity.
>>
>>68300252
Incredibly VIVID - as in incredibly clear and direct in both projecting to and eliciting an emotional response from the viewer - because of how much it focuses on Grimes' face and physicality to the exclusion of all else (as much as I enjoy Grimes' general sense for playful inventiveness in her music videos, she herself is - far and away - the single-most interesting thing in them.)

Imo REALiTI is still her best music video to date. But also imo these ones aren't really that far behind, and the primary reason for that difference has almost nothing to do with overall production value - moreso just how much time Grimes can stand having to look at her own face during prolonged video editing sessions.
>>
>>68300594
>Crystal Ball & Nightmusic videos
>bad
get the fuck out
>>
>>68300594
>Did you forget about Crystal Ball & Nightmusic already?
they're better than new videos tho

>These new videos are awesome in their simplicity
realiti video was awesome, those are okay at best

>A song made for a soundtrack, no big deal.
what a weak excuse
she imagined KvM as a song for a soundtrack when she was making it
>>
>>68300233
Yes.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-soundtrack-goes-gold-932015
>>
>>68300708
wow, she got lots of money with possibly her weakest song
that's amazing, and I'm pretty sure she'll never make something like this ever again
>>
>>68300603
> as in incredibly clear and direct in both projecting to and eliciting an emotional response from the viewer
that's not what I meant when I said vivid, since I used it in connection with the word "colorful"

>imo these ones aren't really that far behind
how's that? they have zero artistic value. she literally made nothing new: same reverses, structure, filters, production decisions
I certanly appreciate how beautiful they are, she could make a tour video out of them and it would be amazing, but instead she decided to make something she was making before a couple of times

you're way too obsessed with her, you can't even noticed when she sucks
not going to reply anymore
>>
>>68300941
>Not realizing I was ironically unironically answering a meme question.
>>
>>68300662
(You)
>>
>>68300594
crystall ball not so much, but nightmusic is waaaaayyyy better than any of these 4 videos
>>
>>68301814
nightmusic isn't an official grimes video
>>
File: Grimeth (75).jpg (92KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Grimeth (75).jpg
92KB, 800x533px
I love Claire
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.