[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your dream band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: happypepefrog.jpg (25KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
happypepefrog.jpg
25KB, 480x424px
mine is a band that sounds like sonic youth except all their songs are 30+ minutes long
>>
so merbow
>>
Right now its one that attempts current genres but gives them a twist. Twisting Dubstep, Footwork or Trap etc. with rock instrumentation
>>
>If merzbow replaced Andy in death grips.
>Syd Barrett led King Crimson
>John Lennon, Brian Wilson, Paul Macca
>>
>>68258147
A mix between The Doors' self titled album and Shoegaze.
>>
File: IMG_0403.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Probably anyone my age who would want to play Surf Punk in Chicago

>>68258457
Where you at? My drummer and I were looking to do something like that, were huge Doors fans and got into Shoegaze the past couple years
>>
Gorillaz but they take on a whole new genre but with the Gorillaz flare. So basically super Gorillaz
>>
>>68258147
Something like Toe/Jizue/<generic asian math-rock with jazz overtones and cathartic drumming band here> but with more glitch and electronics a la coill.
>>
>>68258147
>just turn the tuner to static
>>
>>68258751
what genre do you have in mind?
>>
>>68258784
I'd love if they did jazz. I guess I'm curious to see the direction they'd take
>>
>>68258874
jazz is a good one, wouldn't be hard for gorillaz to do that desu because of their groovy tunes
>>
File: MAYHEM.jpg (41KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
MAYHEM.jpg
41KB, 600x489px
My dream band is Mayhem's 'classic' line-up (featured on Live in Leipzig, Dawn Of the Black Hearts and the Studio Tracks demo), but actually releasing full-length studio albums: Hellhammer, Necrobutcher, Euronymous and Dead.
>>
>>68258147
Vocals: Grimes
Bass/Vocals: Andy Falkous
Guitar/vocals: Skottie Lobotomy
Keyboard: Falkous
Drums: none just a drum machine
Kazoo: Sean Bonnette
>>
a band that turns you into a girl when you hear their music
>>
>>68259307
Kpop? Oh you said girl and not immasculated faggot
>>
>>68259325
not him but you aren't really in any place to call kpopfags immasculated faggots. grimesposters are objectively worse than kpop
>>
>>68259325
>Likes Grimes
Let's stay in our lanes kevan
>>
Sonic Youth but punk

Perfect Pussy was this band in theory and nailed it w the demo but then they shat the bed after like their first tour
>>
>Captain Beefheart sings over anyone else's music
>>
A singer and an electronic music guy
Later joined by a bassist and a drummer
Later joined by a guitarist and another electronic guy

Alternatively: voice, trumpet, bass guitar
>>
>>68258147
Singer-songwriter with good music and relatable lyrics at any age
>>
Also Death Grips without the anger (but retaining all the experimentation and power)
>>
This one looks like fun.
>>
>>68259411
>>68259414
Stfu ;_;
>>
Jangle pop MBV if they continued in the jangle pop direction instead of going into shoegaze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3s1bCiBH8

I imagine it would kinda sound like The Sundays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq9x-ff0fXs
>>
Fennesz + Blixa Bargeld + A drummer/percussionist
>>
>>68258147
this is a nazi meme, please delete
>>
>>68259231
Do you think you'd prefer DMDS with Dead on vocals instead of Attila? Personally I love the the opera vocals Attila brings to the album and consider him a perfect fit for the album.
>>
File: R-4789723-1375616814-6167.jpeg.jpg (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-4789723-1375616814-6167.jpeg.jpg
167KB, 600x600px
>>68258147
Name of my fictional band: Social Apathy
Follow up album: The Shape Of Vaporwave To Come

1. In The Elevator Going Up [6:43]
2. Another Day At The Office [8:31]
3. Accelerationist [10:31]
4. Libidinal Energy [5:52]
5. Enyaeurysm [ 7:11]
6. The Saturn Is Not Our Future [6:59]
7. The Death Of Pat Metheny [8:47]
8. Two Towers [9:11]
9. Keen Commander using MS DOS [7:36]
10. We Built This City On Smooth Jazz [5:32]
11. 6:35 [2:27]
12. In The Lobby [2:43]
13. Traffic [8:51]
14. The Apartment [12:37]

Genre: Electronic, Rock
Style: Vaporwave, IDM, No-Wave, Free Jazz
>>
Just me doing Avalanches type shit.
>>
>>68258147
>melodic acoustic fingerpicking like john fahey or maybe nick drake
>lots of augmented chords on rhythm guitar (maybe electric piano)
>deeper, laid back melodic vocal style with a little bit of edge like lou reed or ITI era Julian Casablancs
>roland 808 drum machine possibly with some recorded body percussion for fills
>mostly short pop-y songwriting, with maybe one longer more developing jam song per project
>lo-fi aesthetic

Might end up having to do it myself
>>
Mizutani Takashi & Jimi Hendrix on guitar
John Cale on organ/viola
Jaki Liebezeit on drums
Jimi/Lou Reed vocals
Holger Czukay on bass
>>
>>68261800
I just might try to make this for you
>>
Slowdive type ethereal walls of sound with that glitchy velocity:desgin:comfort shit.

The Texas Jerusalem crossraods but not play the same fucking melody every song. IT WOULD'VE BEEN A GOAT ALBUM REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: autism.png (208KB, 392x230px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
208KB, 392x230px
>>68261800
>>
I just want the red hot chili peppers to have significantly better lyrics and i'll be happy
>>
>>68259445
sonic youth is punk ya dingus
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.