[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst songs on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 088055831.jpg (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
088055831.jpg
156KB, 600x600px
-The numbers
-Tinker tailor
>>
The Numbers imo
TTSSRMPMBMT is hurt by the fact that it's sandwiched between the two most emotional songs on the album, but it is good on it's own right.
>>
>>68256174
It's boring
>>
>>68256202
strings are epic
>>
Glass Eyes
>>
Tinker Tailor has too long of a name to be a good song
>>
>>68256217
Maybe, but it's still boring.
>>
>A B-Side Shaped Album

Decks Dark and Daydreaming (minus the awful lyrics) are the only true valuable songs, the rest are just clutter.
>>
>>68256297
>Calling this masterpiece a clutter

https://youtu.be/CeFayq1DDvI
>>
>>68256135
They're all great but probably The Numbers, a lot of people think it's one of the best on the album though. I think Tinker Tailor is fantastic, not as immediate as some of the others but it's a brilliant song.
>>
True Love Waits.
>>
Interesting that I think most people have Desert Island Disk near the bottom of their listing but it's no ones least favorite
>>
>>68256135
Burn the Witch
>>
how do people not like The Numbers? I think it's wasted potential that they took the electronic background beat and covered it up in 20 seconds with loud basic guitar strumming, but other than that it's a perfectly good song. Glass Eyes is much more generic
>>
>>68257426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti6qhk3tX2s

Because they are dead inside
>>
The Numbers is by far the worst.

I am kind of salty they went from the minimalistic trip-hopy sound of live Identikit to tons of layers with a chorus and strings. It's a comfy album, but too safe imo.
>>
>>68257459
Yeah watched this a bit earlier. Fucking great stuff. Still hoping we get A Moon Shaped Pool from the basement
>>
>>68257459
pretty cool how they keep making those songs sound more organic, while using a drum machine.
>>
Identikit. It's boring, safe Radiohead and disappointing compared to more interesting orchestral direction of the album
>>
>>68256250
More like the only really great song on it, you megapleb
>>
>>68256135

i agree OP both still good though
>>
>>68256753
this, remember when radiohead always used to have the best closers? now they're always just boring as all hell
don't get the hate for tinker tailor, i think its one of the best on the album
>>
>>68257969
Feel people are reluctant to call out True Love Waits as weakest track simply because of its history and the place the live version has in many people's hearts.
>>
>>68257969
The long title kind of made it seem to pretentious for me from the get go, also the placement right after Present Tense kind of make it seem worse too. But honestly, it's in my top half of the songs right now.
>>
>>68257253
Desert Island Disk is boring as hell m80
>>
>>68258090
Yeah I get that, but we can all agree the studio version definitely pales in comparison to the potential on display in those live performances, right?
>>68258104
Yeah, I hate the title and it's definitely one of the songs that took more time to grow on me, but I think it's a lot more interesting than something like daydreaming for example. Probably in my top 3 honestly.
>>
>>68258544
>Yeah I get that, but we can all agree the studio version definitely pales in comparison to the potential on display in those live performances, right?
For sure.
The album version, for use of a better word, is just so boring.
Present Tense is far better for the 'feels'.
>>
The entire album after Ful Stop drags a bit desu, it's worth it for True Love Waits however
>>
>>68256753
Agreed. I usually skip it. The live version on IMBW is superior.
>>
>>68256135

The numbers is awesome, one of the strongest
>>
>>68257695

Man there's so much syncopation in that song, which I love. Plus Jonny's solo is awesome
>>
>>68258691
How can you not like Present Tense?
>>
>>68258090

Truth
>>
>>68259042
Still no Little By Little.
>>
>>68259120

They're actually kind of similar. There's hidden syncopation in the first section of the song that you don't realise until the chorus. Videotape is another radiohead song where they do this
>>
Glass Eyes for me
compared to the rest, it's rather unremarkable
>>
>>68256135
The numbers is worst.

Tinker tailor starts slow but picks up
>>
>>68259593
Meh, it's AMSP's obligatory "moodbuilding interlude" song, I kinda can't really judge it, because it does it really well.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.