[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are wood headphones a gimmick or do they offer superior sound quality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Are wood headphones a gimmick or do they offer superior sound quality?
>>
>>68252326
it's purely cosmetic
>>
>>68252326
Is OP's thread a gimmick or does he seriously think that putting a tiny bit of cosmetic wood on the sides of headphones makes them "wood headphones"?
>>
File: 1440677717986.jpg (509KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1440677717986.jpg
509KB, 2048x1360px
>>68252326
I gotta get into the audiophile merch business. You can make an absurd amount of money off selling useless shit to a tiny, but dedicated niche market.
>>
>>68252387

The wood is right where the sound waves would bounce off
>>
>>68252426
Why did they reverse the drivers?
>>
>>68252326
Grado make almost all their high-end cans out of wood, and I'm inclined to believe them more than any other manufacturer.
>>
>>68252705
If you're the kind of idiot that fan girls over Grado's shouty murder cans, you deserve to think that wood makes things better.
>>
>>68252413
>mac
What a cuck
>>
>>68252744
Maybe it's because they're my babby's first pair of open-back headphones, but I love my SR80e Grados
>>
>>68252792
They're a hot mess.
>>
>>68252744
I have the 325s and I've yet to hear a better set of cans for rock music. Just because not everyone needs muh heavy bass doesn't mean their taste or hearing is shit.
>>
>>68252792
>>68253152
grado is pretty love it or hate it as far as headphones go
as for OP, a lot of the highest tier headphones are made with wood, but that might just be cosmetics. worry about your headphones sounding good, not about what they're made off
another thing is that a lot of flagship headphones are open-back, so they're all about minimising sound bouncing off anyway
>>
>>68252326
The casing of headphones are designed to not resonate with the drivers inside, so yes, it has nothing to do with sound quality, period.
>>
>>68252326
Purely cosmetic. I highly doubt that wood has significantly different dampening properties compared to plastics.

>>68252570
Sounds waves come out of the back of the drivers too btw
>>
>>68252326
If you actually want high fidelity then get open eared cans
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.