[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top5Top5Top5Top5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg (135KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg
135KB, 452x452px
Top 5 Thread.

Compare and discuss

Have One On Me:

5. You And Me, Bess
4. Go Long
3. 81
2. Kingfisher
1. [spoiler]In California[/spoiler]
>>
>>68244862
>no baby birch
A B S O L U T E W A N K E R
>>
>>68244893
Yo what the fuck I 100% meant to write that instead of Go Long I think I'm gonna go get checked for a brain tumour now
>>
I'm the only one who doesn't like '81 that much?
Anyway,

5 - Go Long
4 - Kingfisher
3 - Baby Birch
2 - In California
1 - Have One On Me
>>
1. Baby Birch
2. Kingfisher
3. In California/Does Not Suffice (I'm gonna count as one song because recurring melody, either could take this place though)
4. Easy (idk man, I have a super soft spot for this song)
5. Have One On Me

I feel like Go Long, Autumn and Good Intentions should be up there as well but yeah top 5
>>
^ dem pleberinos can't even into Occident
>>
5. Have one on Me
4. On a Good Day
3. Does not Sufficw
2. Baby Birch
1. In California
>>
the real question is what's the worst song and why is it no provenance
>>
>>68245131
but Occident is like the 3rd most pleb song on the album
>>
>>68245194
The real question is who's the biggest scrub in this thread and why is it you
>>
>>68245194
The answer is Have One on Me by the way. And not cause it's long, cause it's bad and the lyrics are incredible uninteresting
>>
>>68245194
No that's an awful opinion.
Weakest song is probably Jackrabbits, and even then it's a pretty good song
>>
>>68245194
>>68245201
>>68245244
ITT - trash opinions
>>
>>68245244
What the lyrics on that track are amazing

I could do without the "ooh ooh" build-up at the end - it's a little hokey honestly - but overall that song is strong af
>>
>>68245244
this is what the Jesuits want you to believe
>>
>>68245316
I'm just not the biggest fans of her songs that are hardcore fiction, know what I mean? Shit like Monkey & Bear, Have One on Me.

It's just too goofy for me
>>
>>68245316
I completely agree with you on the "ooh ooh" build up, that's always rubbed me the wrong way, it sounds incredibly cheesy, yet it sounds like it's supposed to be the 'really good part.'
>>
>>68245375
Have one on me is about lola valdez
>>
>>68245414
Who dat
>>
>>68245414
*Montez
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_Montez
>>
She seems to really own "being a Woman" on this album and it just really irks me. It's weird, I never really consciously consider myself misogynistic, and actually I can't really be around men at all just because I feel like we're always at this weird unspoken battle, but I'm not really part of the battle though they think I am, and once they realize that I'm not they get mad at me for not joining in on the same unspoken war as them, and yet at the same time if something strikes me as really "womanly" it makes me equally uncomfortable. And I'm not asexual at all, I actually feel hypersexual at times, and yet anything coming off as strongly pertaining to any gender just kind of throws me off. The best music tends to come about when men are in touch with their feminine qualities, and when women are in touch with their masculine qualities.
>>
no order
Baby Birch
In Cali
Jackrabbits
Soft as Chalk

This was hard to do
>>
man that album was sh*t compared to ys
>>
>>68245713
>implying Hoom isn't the greatest album of all time
>>
>>68245750
ys is much better
>>
>>68245603
I kind of get what you mean. Go Long is one of my favourite jojo songs but it triggers the shit out of me. Bitches always be trying to open doors.
>>
>>68245603
I sorta see Newsom as a good mix, actually. Sure the emotional place she comes from is feminine, but her vernacular and writing style mostly calls to mind male poets.
>>
In California
Go Long
Baby Birch
Kingfisher
Does Not Suffice
>>
>>68244862

5. Have One on Me
4. Easy
3. Baby Birch
2. Go Long
1. In California
>>
worst song is probably easy.

esme starts off pretty great but it just ends up dragging as the melody becomes very redundant. that's actually the problem I have with quite a few songs on the record. she focuses on the lyrics too much (which is typical for her, I guess) and sticks to the same melodies for 7+ minutes.
>>
>>68245194
The worst song is Autumn in my opinion, anon.
>>
disc 2 is by far the best
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.