[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is most new rap so incredibly shit? pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: BroccoliDRAM.jpg (137KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BroccoliDRAM.jpg
137KB, 640x640px
why is most new rap so incredibly shit? pic related
>>
Because artists have realized that hearing lyrics about weed and pussy set to hip hop sound is enough to make most people happy.
>>
Yo fuck you this was the song of the summer hands down
>>
>>68244049
No
>>
the selling point is the attitude. it's lifestyle music. it's not about the content, it's about feeling cool while listening to it.

you smoke weed and disrespect women and then wonder why you're so alone while you lay in bed at night.
>>
>>68244435
you are sort of right but you are wrong to make this into a value thing. Yes it is music that is more about how it makes you feel than the 'content,' but that doesn't mean you listen to it to feel cool while listening to it. You listen to it because you like how it makes you feel, that's it. It's not about trying to be cool. If anything I was only able to enjoy e.g. Young Thug after I let go of the idea that only sorority girls and dopes listen to Young Thug. (this is before p4k and music press in general pushed to sort of legitimize YT; back then he was just a ringtone rapper who use autotune)

>you smoke weed and disrespect women and then wonder why you're so alone while you lay in bed at night
laughable take friendo, that is a description of exactly nobody.
>>
>>68244685
>that is a description of exactly nobody.

Clearly you don't know very many people
>>
Because no one cares
>>
>>68244739
Ha, nah I just don't run with deluded losers. Treating people like shit and then wondering why you're alone is actually something you are supposed to grow out of, you know. I don't fuck with people who never made it past the way they thought at 13
>>
>hating on my boy D.R.A.M.
>hating on yatchy

smdh family, no need to get so savage bruh,
>>
>>68244685
i know a lot of cats who ruin their lives trying to emulate what they see in videos. dudes with no friends left. dudes in jails.
>>
>>68244804
>I don't fuck with people who never made it past the way they thought at 13
Correction: unless going on 4chan counts
>>
>>68244818
if you thought that was some shit to emulate you were fucked up from the start. we were all given enough information to see that that was some bullshit. everybody you ever knew had a moment where someone told them that other people matter and money doesn't buy happiness; it was on them to listen
>>
>>68243853
Hey lil mama, would you like to be my sunshine?
>>
>>68243853
this song is so much fun and i'm not even a party guy, OP is a depressed lil fella
>>
op doesn't know how to have fun
shit slaps when you're chilling with some friends and a blunt
>>
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CLUB BITCH GET OFF OF ME
>>
>>68246236
No its not. Shut the fuck up
>>68246263
No OP has a good reason for not liking the song, it's fucking terrible. It's not even good on a mainstream pop rap level. There are TONS of hip hop/pop rap songs that I'd rather listen to than fucking Brocolli. Just face it, people like shitty music. The type of people that like this shit are the same people that only listen to songs that they hear on the radio

I'm not OP btw, I'm just sane enough to realize that this song is trash.
>>
>>68244049
>finds and uses 4chan by yourself without more than 70 iq

Get this man a fucking medal
>>
>>68246652
This lmao. Only fucking retards listen to Lil Yachty. I like Future, I like Lil Uzi Vert, I even like some 21 Savage's music, but Lil Yachty is just fucking awful. He's literally an unironic version of Lil B, which isn't a good thing lol. He's on the same level as Soulja Boy. I've even watched snippets of interviews with him and he seems like a fucking retard. The reason why he's famous is because of his producers/engineers. Literally ANYONE with money can make the type of music he's making lmao.
>>
>>68246577
>I'm just sane enough to realize that this song is trash
>implying taste in art is a measure of rationality
what is this 1790
>>
>>68246894
This isn't art kid, it's trash. You'd have to be pretty insane to be listening to fucking trash. Seriously shut the fuck up. Lil Yachty listens to Lil B unironically and tries to imitate his satirical style with autotune, it's fucking retarded.
>>
Because most rappers are too dumb to progress the genre and contribute to it meaningfully. The good ones are still stuck in "muh oppression" cliches. Face it, rap hasn't had it's Velvet Underground or it's Captain Beefheart, and if it stays as commercialized as it is now, it never will.
>>
>>68244435
You could say the exact same thing about rock and roll in it's heyday
>>
this thread is some headass shit
>>
>>68243853
Did you also accidentally click this on SoundCloud?
>>
>>68247330
this

>>68247063
lol calm down

>>68246828
>Only fucking retards listen to Lil Yachty
music taste has almost nothing to do with intelligence and anyone who says otherwise just likes to have extra excuses to put himself above other people
>>
>>68244049
Song of the summer was hands down No Problem
>>
>>68247287
and you would be 100% right. i don't even like classic rock n' roll, but i still think it took way more skill to make than this music
>>
>>68247271
>who is Danny Brown
I know he's being memed to death right now but he ticks all your boxes
>>
>>68247558
>not Pick Up the Phone
>>
i feel like most people in this thread dont know how to enjoy trap/party music your not supposed to look into it too deep theres a reason why nobody plays god speed or swans at partys
>>
>>68247271
Yeah you definitely need to listen to Danny brown. XXX and/or AE will satisfy you
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.