[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

So how many of you think you know a lot about music, but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 122.png (164KB, 398x307px) Image search: [Google]
122.png
164KB, 398x307px
So how many of you think you know a lot about music, but can't even play an instrument and have never studied music theory, let alone the history of music?

But hey none of that matters right? Because you have a few Radiohead albums on vinyl, and subscribed to The Needle Drop on YouTube! You must know your stuff!
>>
File: cute frog.jpg (16KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
cute frog.jpg
16KB, 396x385px
hello i like music
>>
Do you think you have to be an actor or director to be well-versed in cinema?

The implication that you have to participate in an art form to be knowledgeable about it is generally only purported by shitty and/or failed artists who feel the need to be superior about something because they can't feel superior because of anything they've actually done.

I've studied music theory and was a music major for a bit btw.
>>
File: you fucking grimy bitch.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking grimy bitch.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>>68241766
Kill yourself, marching band faggot.
>>
You don't have to be qualified as a chef to go to to a restaurant and know what you have been served is garbage.
>>
You're right OP, enjoy the tears from triggered subjectivist morons who think they're music experts because they listened to every album on the /mu/core list.
>>
Mfw a trained monkey thinks he has a superior understanding than mine
Did you go to "music school" too ,OP?
>>
i like music
>>
"Are you a 5-star chef? No? Then your opinion that this plate of literal shit tastes bad is wrong! LOL! Come back when you have some culinary knowledge, pleb."
>>
>>68241766
>i finger some strings therefore i am above all of you and your measly music "listening"
>>
Ummm, sweetie, who doesn't know the history of music?
1910=music started 1920-1950=classical music 1960-1970=golden age of music for old singers 1980=perfect age for rock rebels 1990=improved good music and also the year for goths and punks 2000=music is still good and gangsta songs started to appear 2001-2006=music is changing 2007=ghetto music but good and relaxing like akon don't matter 2008=some crappy music is starting to appear 2009=crappy music is spreading 2010=you gotta be kidding me this isn't music justin bieber 2011=R.I.P. music goodbye
2012-2016= avant-teens come in and ruin music for everyone R.I.P. last.fm
>>
>>68241766
>I went to college for music and now I collect welfare and shitpost on 4chan
kek
>>
>>68241766
>this triggers the nu-male
well done OP
>>
I only listen to the top 100 hundreds on Spotify.
>>
your moms a music
>>
>>68242708
Way to go pal
>>
>>68242729
Fucking got em.
>>
I don't think I know shit about anything.
>>
File: 20160930_004419460.jpg (187KB, 1106x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_004419460.jpg
187KB, 1106x1125px
>>68242414
>>
i've got the perfect max stirner quote for this, hold on a sec
>>
>>68241894
>The implication that you have to participate in an art form to be knowledgeable about it is generally only purported by shitty and/or failed artists who feel the need to be superior about something because they can't feel superior because of anything they've actually done
Add to this the fact that most of the "musicians" I meet are shitty guitarists with absolutely awful taste who listen to trash indie pop or technical wanking
>>
>>68241981
>musician
>marching band
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68241766
Do you have a fetish for watching people have pseudo-intellectual arguments?
>>
>>68241766
You just described me anon. F U C K ! !
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.