[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We list the best track from each Modest Mouse LP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 166500425_10.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
166500425_10.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
> Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset
> Doin' The Cockroach
> Paper Thin Walls
> Bukowski
> Spitting Venom
> The Tortoise and the Tourist
>>
>Beach Side Property or Dramamine
>Teeth Like God's Shoshine but there are several GOAT songs on this album
>Workin' On Leavin' The Livin'
>Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes or Life Like Weeds
>The Good Times Are Killing Me
>Parting Of The Sensory
>The Ground Walks or Pups To Dust
>>
>>68230562
> She Ionizes & Atomizes / Dramamine
> Cowboy Dan
> Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
> The View
> Spitting |Venom
> |The Ground Walks / Lampshades on Fire

>>68230609

Is Building Nothing an official LP? Always thought of it as (great) throwaways / Lonesome Crowded West B-Sides??
>>
>>68230735
I guess it's not technically an LP, but most people treat it that way. The songs were recorded around the same time, it's sonically and thematically consistent.
It's not necessarily B-Sides either, just stuff they didn't use for LCW. Other People's Lives and Never Ending Math Equation were issued as singles.
>>
>>68230901
>>68230735
Just to add to what I said, It's not just a compilation of their early b-sides and EPs because it excludes The Fruit That Ate Itself and Whenever You See Fit, and there's some actual (great) LCW throwaways that were never included like White Lies / Yellow Teeth and Roads To Go To Roads To Go To..., so I think they intended for it to stand on it's own to some degree.
>>
>Novacain Stain
>Trailer Trash
>Life Like Weeds
>The World at Large
>Parting of the Sensory

Honestly kind of forgot the latest one existed after listening to it once.
>>
>>68230562
>Dramamine
>WELL
>Interstate 8
>The Stars Are Projectors
>The World at Large
>lol
>lol
>>
>Dramamine
>Teeth Like God's Shoeshine
>The World at Large
>Dashboard
>Lampshades on Fire

I've never heard any songs from them, though.
>>
>>68230562
>Dramamine
>Trucker's Atlas
>Paper Thin Walls
>The World at Large
>Dashboard
>The Tortoise and the Tourist
>>
>>68231137
We Were Dead and Strangers To Ourselves are both better than Good News so thats a weird choice of lols
>>
WEELLLLLL

Cowboy Dan's a major player...
>>
>Lounge
>Cowboy Dan
>3rd Planet
>Ocean Breathes Salty
>Missed the Boat
>>
File: 1472752533662-b.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472752533662-b.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
>>68230562
>LP

It's 2016 gramps, no need to carry around those large plastic discs anymore.
>>
>>68230562
>Talking Shit About a Pretty Sunset
>Teeth Like God's Shoeshine
>Bukowski
>Spitting Venom
>Lampshades on Fire
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.