[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the entire album is mostly shreiking How do people enjoy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 124283722583646.jpg (22KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
124283722583646.jpg
22KB, 300x291px
>the entire album is mostly shreiking
How do people enjoy this?
>>
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) is so good bruh
>>
>>68227762
It's called deaftones for a reason

It's exclusively for deaf people

The shrieking causes vibrations that they can "hear", it's not meant for people with functioning ears
>>
Why can't you appreciate shrieking?
>>
>>68227919
It just sounds edgy imo. Is there something I'm not getting?
>>
>>68228111
>Is there something I'm not getting?
laid
>>
>>68227762
Listen to more Chino vocals and you will know why this is appreciated so much
>>
>>68228111
I like it. I think Chino executed his shrieks well, and they express the angst and any distraught feelings caught up in the music well enough. The contrast between the screaming and his smooth sining voice is the best though.
>>
>>68228164
Before this I listened to White Pony and loved it. New to deftones as you can tell
>>
>he thinks music is only for enjoying
>>
>>68228188
So is there a thin line where loud, angsty vocals go from good to shit? Or should I not take it at face value. It is music, after all.
>>
>>68228379
I can't tell you what to enjoy and what not to, at the end of the day it's nothing we can change. Maybe if you listen to the rest of Deftone's discography you'll start to appreciate his "shrieking" (Koi No Yokan is a personal favorite but Diamond Eyes, though mainstream, showcases Chino's best of vocals IMO)
>>
>>68228453
Ok, I'll do that. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
>>
>>68227762
Hey fuck you man

>tfw god moves his tongue
>>
>>68227762
What about Mascara? I've always loved that song, apparently it was Chino's favourite.
>>
>>68227762
>shreiking
Its called screaming. Deftones come from a metal background, and were mostly screaming to start with, and some clean singing thrown in. They were some of the first to really do both.

Sadly they lost all their metal elements and ended up becoming completely clean singing, and turned into a dream pop shit band.

>How do people enjoy this?
The same way people enjoy all metal music that is completely screaming. They enjoy brutality rather than melody or beauty. They want blast beats, 3 guitars at maximum volume and distortion, and someone screaming, all at the same time, because its the most brutal sound there is in music.

Self titled was their last decent album.
>>
>>68232314
I'm surprised you don't enjoy Diamond Eyes if you're a fan of Deftones' heavier side.
>>
>>68227762
Try some glassjaw, it feels like a more evloved version of deftones early stuff
>>
>>68232314
Deftones doesn't have a self titled album dumbass
>Sadly they lost all their metal elements and ended up becoming completely clean singing, and turned into a dream pop shit band.

dont even think you've listened to any of their new material
>>
2003tones bestones
>>
File: Deftones-selftitled_albumcover.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Deftones-selftitled_albumcover.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
>>68232914
>Deftones doesn't have a self titled album

And you're calling me a dumbass. funny
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.