[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone gone to see their tour? thoughts? what should i expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: thetiredsoundsofstarsofthelid.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thetiredsoundsofstarsofthelid.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
anyone gone to see their tour? thoughts? what should i expect from them? never been to an ambient show before

also general SOTL and assorted side projects thread
>>
Friendly reminder that Requiem For Dying Mothers Part 2 is their best track and the dog sounds at the end of that track are the band's best moment.
>>
>>68214332
December Hunting for Vegetarian Fuckface is their best track.
>>
>>68214332
personally prefer the second half of tired sounds to the first, Fac 21 is their best track IMO

Avec Laudenum is so fucking underrated it pains me
>>
>>68214362
I don't really like anything else from the album (and the band) other than the track I mentioned, but listening to the dog at the end was a very emotional moment. The rest just felt boring (sorry).
>>
File: R-82154-1189080448.jpeg.jpg (84KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
R-82154-1189080448.jpeg.jpg
84KB, 600x597px
>>68214029
Mad jelly, I'd stab a small child for a chance to see them live

>>68214362
>Avec Laudenum
Definitely underrated, so glad I snagged it with the other reissues. Music for Nitrous Oxide is also one that I feel doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>68214386
maybe give A Winged Victory For the Sullen or The Dead Texan a listen, they're side projects of SOTL and they're a bit more accessible. check out their s/ts
>>
>>68214445
i'll be sure to update /mu/ on how it goes, i'm ridiculously excited for their show

Nitrous Oxide is one of their weaker releases IMO but even bad SOTL is still SOTL. i've heard they've been playing new music at the shows, if they release another album i will cry with happiness
>>
>>68214482
>One of their weakest
I always enjoyed the diversity of it. It has a darker feel just don't get with the Tired Sounds and Refinement. The last two can feel a bit too polished and perfect (obviously not a bad thing but I'm a fan of the raw feel of Oxide)
>>
>>68214519
yeah that's one of my main problems with refinement, it used to be my favourite SOTL record but now it just feels a bit too washed out texturally
i do quite like Oxide, it's just a bit too in your face for me 2bh
>>
>>68214582
Fair enough
>>
>>68214029
friendly reminder that you would all love ambarchi

>>68214332
i used to be in the same boat, but i've grown on them after multiple listens to tired sounds and refinement. timing your breating with their drones is the most relaxing thing
>>
New album when???
>>
>>68214773
where to start with ambarchi?
>>
>>68214789
grapes from the estate
>>
>>68214773
>ambarchi
I'll check it out
>>
>ambient live show

that sounds hella gay desu
>>
>>68216057
>having fun doing something you enjoy

that sounds hella gay desu
>>
I have seen A Winged Victory For The Sullen live, it was fucking amazing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.