[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stoner >sludge when will this meme end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160930_102811.jpg (51KB, 542x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_102811.jpg
51KB, 542x640px
>stoner
>sludge

when will this meme end
>>
doom is good, traditional doom that is.
>>
File: 1475040352643.png (14KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1475040352643.png
14KB, 420x420px
Let's call the entire genre a meme, that will show them
>>
>>68211965
"Sludge" bothers me the most.

It's called Hard Rock you fucking mongoloids. Just because the guitars are downtuned does not change that label.
>>
>>68213829

Please, explain to me how Noothgrush is a hard rock band.

Or Primitive Man, for that matter.

Or The Body.

Or Thou.

Or Buzzoven.

Or Indian.

Or Leechmilk.

Or Meth Drinker.

Or Melvins.

Or Harvey Milk.

Or literally ANY sludge band whatsoever.

Just because you don't know what sludge is, doesn't mean that it's hard rock.
>>
>>68213829
black metal without distortion sound like wicked surf rock. following your logic, black metal and surf rock are the same. do you realize how stupid I feel just typing this. why did you have to be so stupid to make me respond to you. god fucking damnit.
>>
File: 1315542053935.jpg (7KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
1315542053935.jpg
7KB, 194x200px
>I can't distinguish genres therefore it's a meme
>>
how come stoner metal is the best metal
>>
>>68214573
fuck yeah dude
high five
>>
>>68213786
Whatever you say, racist frogposter fuck.
>>
File: 1397669672517.gif (1MB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
1397669672517.gif
1MB, 300x288px
>>68214621
I see what ya did there lad
>>
>>68214852
perhaps you should also check this five if you can see that
>>
>>68211965
>Stoner Rock
Combination of Heavy metal, Psychedelic/Blues Rock with guitar sound similar to Doom metal.
Bands such as Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Nebula.

Take away the faster rock elements of it and add more psychedelic elements and you get Stoner Metal.
Bands like Sleep and Stoned Jesus.

Slower it further down and put more sinister feel and lyrics to it borrowed from Doom metal and you get Stoner Doom.
Bands like Electric Wizard and Acid King.

>Sludge
Bastard child of Hardcore Punk and Doom Metal.
Guitar sound from Doom metal, harsh vocal style from HC Punk, songs either slow akin to Doom or faster raunchy ones akin to HC Punk or mix of both.

That's the way I see those genres. Could be wrong though.
>>
the whole rainbow of stoned metal is literally the best genre in all of music
>>
>>68213829
This.
The band Sleep is a so called "Stoner-metal" band.
It's just boring hard-rock riffs played slower with downtuned guitars. Fucking terrible.
>>
>>68214370
>black metal without distortion sound like wicked surf rock. following your logic, black metal and surf rock are the same. do you realize how stupid I feel just typing this. why did you have to be so stupid to make me respond to you. god fucking damnit.
>>
>>68215155
seems pretty accurate
>>68215577
ur dum
>>
File: back.jpg (849KB, 1000x817px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
849KB, 1000x817px
>>68215770
No, I'm not.

"Stoner" music sounds exactly like the Hardrock from the seventies, just played slower and with guitars drowned in distortion.

Master of Reality is a classic hard-rock album, but it still sounds like just about every stoner-metal album ever released.

Singing about smoking weed and psychedelic themes doesn't qualify as a new genre when you sounds exactly like the old bands.

Also, "Sleep" should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a pretentious garbage record like "Dopesmoker". Fucking hell, what a terrible, terrible album.
>>
>>68215825
>"Stoner" music sounds exactly like the Hardrock from the seventies, just played slower and with guitars drowned in distortion.
>Master of Reality is a classic hard-rock album, but it still sounds like just about every stoner-metal album ever released.

actually you kinda right my bad>>68215825
>Also, "Sleep" should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a pretentious garbage record like "Dopesmoker". Fucking hell, what a terrible, terrible album.

i don't agree with this though i like it kinda hypnotic and droning but in general i actually kinda agree with you congrats you've changed a stranger on the internets mind
>>
>>68215947
Wow you're easy to influence
>>
>>68215947
Yeeeah buddy.

Btw, if you happen to actually like some of these so called "stoner-metal" bands and also the bands from the seventies, I would highly, highly recommend you to check out Pentagram and Withcfinder General.
Instead of slowing down and singing about weed, these guys sped up and still kept it just as heavy.

Peace !
>>
>>68215983

oh i'm aware of them i've listened to a lot of trad doom good stuff
>>
>>68214242
half of these bands are hipster garbage
>>
>>68213786
racist
>>
File: al cisneros.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
al cisneros.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>68215577
Fuck you, Dragonaut riff is the shit.
>>
>>68214393
i made this thread because they suck.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.