[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this what normies consider experimental hip-hop now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1475475082602.jpg (170KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475475082602.jpg
170KB, 775x775px
I actually like this album a lot, I just don't understand
>>
>>68211874
newfags call it post hip hop
>>
>>68211874
I don't get what's so experimental about it
>>
>>68211888
The unconventional use of instruments and his vocal style/delivery I'm guessing.
Also, nice numbers.
>>
If you want real experimental hip hop, listen to that album Faust did with Dalek, or even Niggas on the Moon.
>>
>>68211910
I've heard these instruments used in hip-hop production before, and it isn't like the beats are constructed in some way alien to hiphop

Not to menion YT has just as strange a vocal style as Danny sometimes but we're not calling him experimental. I just don't hear it
>>
File: IMG_6702.jpg (441KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6702.jpg
441KB, 500x714px
https://youtu.be/0PR0VKi8pDM
LUM leads the exp rap game
>>
it's not really experimental at all.it's just a really solid album with fresh sounding beats. Enjoy it for what it is and don't let the hype jobs trying to paint a picture of it being some sort of seminal, groundbreaking work bother you.
>>
Is there anything like Revolution 9 on there?
How experimental are we talking here?
>>
>>68212383
>How experimental are we talking here?
not at all, the beats are just a bit off-kilter
the only hip hop albums that come close to that level of experimentation are these: >>68211920
>>
Stop making threads about this album you nignogs
>>
>>68212383

After hearing this it makes me think of Danny browns earlier releases. His gone back to his old sound making me instantly dismiss Old with it’s over hyped tracks which I felt it missed the flow of albums like XXX. Honestly I was ready for Danny brown to lose that flow and attain a more pop and polished sound. But to mine and I hope many fans delight he has brought back that XXX flow to this album.

The three singles which had come out before hand When it rain, with it’s amped up hyped sound that Danny brown is known for. Then Peumonia which brought more of a flow which was leaning more towards OLD with it’s clangy samples. But I mean shit it all works. But then dropping Really Doe. I was excited and ready for Atrocity Exhibition.
Listening through the whole album does bring me back to the flow of XXX I love. All the tracks do work together and the album as a full has a great flow. The odd beats is what brings me back to Danny brown quite literally everyday. I’ve found myself coming back to the latest release before this album dropped Really Doe bringing in the Kendrick Lamar Chorus. Damn Fresh as fuck. His working with the right people making the right album.

The odd beats keep on coming on tracks like Ain’t it fun. Damn so thick and so just Danny Brown perfection I was worried he was slowly losing but has come back to smash me in the face. Quite gladly to be smashed in the face like this though ain’t funny how it happens?

The spitting rhymes of Today then slowing it the fuck down with Get Hi. This is perfection for a stoner weirdo rapper album.

All in all an album which was hyped in my mind and has come to actually not let me down like most things do when you hype them up… Like every transformers movie that wasn’t a cartoon.
https://lifethat.com/2016/09/28/danny-brown-atrocity-exhibition/
But shit another great release not absolutely filled with guests either. Just the right amount.
>>
how the fuck do I get her off my mind guys

I made out with a chick a few months back because she asked if we could whilst I was DJing a house party then we hung out a few more times before she suddenly changed her mind and said we should just be friends

but she was being like "But I really want us to stay in contact anon" and we've been talking occasionally ever since and I invited her to see Danny Brown in Manchester in November and she was like "yeah man I'm down" within 5 mins and I'm going to give her another shot there then drop it if nothing happens

but we talked about this explicitly before and she's said that she wants to be just friends but she's instantly down to hang if I invite her to anything and we still really get along and she's still liking my fb statuses 90% of the time and I'm holding onto hope but fuck me I really like her and if nothing happens in November I think it's gonna kill me emotionally and I have no fucking idea what to do

I've been trying to move on and find other girls but none of them give the slightest shit about music and on the other hand there's this stunning 9/10 Italian telling me "I love your passion for music" who was borrowing my t-shirt within a few weeks of meeting me before suddenly changing her mind and no other grills usually notice me like that and fucking hell I wish my emotional state wasn't always so determined by women but it always is and I have no idea how to fix it
>>
>>68211920
or Clouddead
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.