[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Sophie.jpg (15KB, 350x166px) Image search: [Google]
Sophie.jpg
15KB, 350x166px
What are some of the lesser known places that you use to find new music?
>>
albumoftheyear.org
>>
Personally, I use Sophie's Floorboard.

It gives general overviews of some smaller, and larger, bands that come across the scene (primarily punk, emo, etc.,).

A decent portion of the bands featured are of a lesser known state, so it's nice to see relatively new music.
>>
I go to the library and pick some albums eyes closed. Found Kalle Kalima and Tom Waits that way
>>
>>68211064
I genuinely appreciate this method.
>>
I follow labels and blogs on twitter
>>
>>68211064
gonna try this next time.
>>
>>68211120
What are some of your favorite labels to follow?

Any labels that are lesser know and put out good music?

A favorite of mine is Stones Throw Records.
>>
searching for tags on bandcamp
>>
>>68211157
I like the archival ones that do stuff like 78s compilations or rare cassette reissues. Light in the Attic, Smithsonian Folkways, Dust to Digital, Numero Group, and Dark Entries have all shown me some good stuff. You can also branch out and see who they follow for more stuff.

WFMU, Ubuweb, and I Care If You Listen also do a good job of highlighting new or new-to-me stuff
>>
>>68210981
the same places i use to download music
whatcd, wafflesfm, jpopsuki, rutracker, soulseek
>>
>bunalti.com
i think is the best site to download new music
>getmetal.org
other great place, but in this case just for metal
>getleaks.org
not as good as the others, but is worth checking

and some blogs, but i think that with those three sites you´ll have music for a time
>>
I find 80% of the music I listen to from JPS.
>>
YouTube my man
>>
>>68212955
>lesser known
>>
As an RYM user, I sometimes like just going onto the charts of a genre I like, excluding albums I've already rated and then looking at the albums beneath, say, number 100. That way you can find some great stuff that isn't surface level.
>>
>>68210981
I like searching an album I like in the archive and reading people's recs in the thread, or looking for an album I like in a share thread and seeing if that poster shared any other similar albums. Found some of my favorite lesser known stuff that way

Also I've been slowly going through and listening to a bunch of Peel Sessions on youtube and then looking up artists I don't know/am not too familiar with on rym, actually how I got into this heat and the fall
>>
>>68212955

this

there is so much great shit you can find on youtube that you never hear about anywhere else, or at least not on /mu/, RYM, Fantano, Scaruffi etc.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.