[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why could none of the other bands in this match Neutral Milk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (76KB, 325x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 325x460px
Why could none of the other bands in this match Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control or Of Montreal?
>>
The last Circulatory System was very fucking awesome
>>
File: e6.png (339KB, 1714x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e6.png
339KB, 1714x1200px
>of Montreal

lots of e6 projects surpassed oM imo, only their 90s material is any good and their 10s stuff is just bad

circulatory system is fantastic, applies in stereo and beulah are both great, major organ is a super cool one off project, those two gerbils albums are great, nana grizol is fantastic and doesn't even feel very e6-y

maybe it's cuz i don't love oM all that much, but i enjoy all of the above projects more than oM

throwing out pic related cuz e6 doesn't get a lot of talk on /mu/ nowadays
>>
>>68208766
I think the elf power red king album is great as well. I feel of montreal is what apples in stereo wanted to be. If montreal just went straight poppy and fell for the trendy indie electronic meme in the 2000s
>>
>>68208714
is it the mosiacs one?
>>
>>68208698
The Apples in stereo are a fantastic band.
>>
>>68208809
still haven't gotten around to elf power solely because their discography is pretty large, i'll check out that album first
>>
>>68208823
yeah its all I've heard by them
>>
>>68208879
ohnonono imo a dream in sound is where you should. Red king comes the recording is pretty bad since they did it themselves. Once they met up with E6 that's when E6 contributed and in one song you can hear Jeff ol Mangum. Plus they also collabed with some producer from the flaming lips
>>
>>68209011
oh, sick. yeah that sounds like a better starting point, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>68208698
The Music Tapes are the GOATS of E6.

And Major Organ, but that's more of a collective effort, though Julian was a spearheader, just proving his greatness
>>
>>68209084
IMO I still really like red king and the cover art is what drew me in but honestly the vocals are recorded pretty badly. The instruments are all right but on dream in sound it sounds like a studio recording instead of like a bedroom album recorded on analogue tape
>>
>>68208884
their debut is goat
>>
>>68209107
Koster really is the mvp
>>
>>68209107
This this this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.