[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and why does a person become one of these edm-hippies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Wakarusa-2013-6455-1024x773.jpg (312KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
Wakarusa-2013-6455-1024x773.jpg
312KB, 1024x773px
This is some subgroup that i did not know existed until i started noticing people i know join it after high school. It seems like mostly upper class kids, like would be frat boys growing dreads and going to festivals all the time. They really like edm and folk music
>>
>edm-hippies
You live in a very strange place.
>>
>>68205959
is this not a thing where you live? It has to be in at least some other areas
>>
>>68205887
Ya man, I go to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and I swear they are everywhere, I see like 10 Bassnectar tshirt or hats or bumper sticker in a given day.
Every house party is guaranteed to be full of them.
Chattanooga is kind of a hippie/ "progressive" and super outdoorsy town; plus Bonnaroo is held right down the road.
>>
>>68206145
I live in arkansas, i guess the mid south and some of the midwest would be the prime area for these people. I don't know if the same specific type is anywhere else
>>
>>68205887
>average frat bro
>tries acid for the first time on his spring break down in pcb
>has an "experience"
>starts listening exclusively to kygo and flume with his girlfriend
This is way more common than you'd think, the number of times I've bought tabs off some unassuming chad is kinda surprising
>>
>>68205887
Not sure if you heard, but hippies are back. Styles are cyclical and we're having another one of those 70's-esque periods. Expect more of this from Gen-Z, especially with how easy it is to buy and sell drugs from the dark net.
>>
>>68205887
basically it's people who are into molly, sass, and ketamine as drugs of choice as opposed to adult drugs. >>68206330 Acid doesn't even seem to be a major part of it, sure they do take acid but so does everyone else. I used to sell acid and shrooms in college (until about 2 years back, so this info should be current) and only like a fifth of people who regularly used acid looked like OP's pic at all or ever went to EDM festivals/listened to EDM or related "hippy" dance music. Usually when I sold to someone who fit the description, they would talk pseudoscience about pineal glands and then immediately ask me if I knew anyone with molly or ketamine. Or they'd want to trade for shitty weed and crystals. Or it would obviously be the first time they'd done it, and they'd never come back for more, lol.
>>
>>68206656
>>68206492
Ya the "hippie movement" has always been full of cringey posers who want to be anti-mainstream and consider themselves to be more intellectual, all while fitting snuggly into a defined group. But now that the hippies are making a huge comeback I feel like it is a much worse group than the 1960s, the music especially is much worse.
I feel like hippies now are generally less introspective than previous hippie generations, the fact that the hippie drug of choice now wouldnt be psychedelics but molly and other "uppers" gives evidence to this.
>>
File: Perry Trollope - suffice (2016?).jpg (159KB, 934x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Perry Trollope - suffice (2016?).jpg
159KB, 934x1840px
>>68207001
Stop being so negative my man. Sure there's plenty of festival kids, but the music is hardly worse. You're either old and grumpy or young and naive thinking that whatever music you don't like is 'especially worse.'

When you say that nuhippies are generally less introspective than previous, that's because all the intellectual hippies' voices have carried from the 60s to now and you don't hear about the bad ones.

Every movement is going to have its cringey posers or people that you don't agree with, but don't focus on them and let their existence spook you.
>>
>>68206656
md and ket is good u wasteman
>>
who gives a shit
easiest girls to bang are edm sluts
>>
>>68207555
My opinion is that festival EDM music is much worse than the music that surrounded the hippie movement of the 1960s. It isn't that I am naive, I am 22 and have been to music festivals and go to a college that is known for being full of dirty hippies. Maybe you could call me cynical or jaded but shit, I just don't like the music that the "hippies" are listening to.
It is like Bassnectar is the modern day Jimmy Hendrix or Jerry Garcia. It is hard not to be negative my friend.
>>
>>68208258
In this case, why not say you don't like the music rather than the music itself being bad? It's not a disagreement with you not liking the music, but with you saying any sort of music is objectively bad.

What college do you go to that has so many hippies?
>>
File: go mocs.gif (25KB, 173x286px) Image search: [Google]
go mocs.gif
25KB, 173x286px
>>68208388
UT Chattanooga. I understand that art isn't objective. When anyone says that any kind of art is bad or good it is obviously their opinion. People speak in positives and use objective language to stress emphases, I figured most native english speakers understood this instinctively.
>>
who cares, the jam band scene is where it's at and the edm fests just suck all of the lame people away. It's glorious

granted im not saying all jam band fans are good by any means
>>
Brooooo I've seen bassNectar 58 times!!!!

They are called wookies, op. They run on ketamine, mdma and lsd
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.