[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Husker Du

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Husker Du Zen Arcade 1984.jpg (74KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
Husker Du Zen Arcade 1984.jpg
74KB, 500x494px
What's the general consensus on Husker Du?

I feel like they are a well kept secret...
>>
>I feel like they are a well kept secret...
8/10

Very subtle.
>>
>one of the most celebrated rock bands of the 80s
>a well kept secret

Huh.
Dude, Husker Du are like marginally less well-known than Sonic Youth or the Pixies. There's nothing secretive about them.
If any Bob Mould-related thing is a "well kept secret" it's Sugar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjhgUWE_geQ
>>
>>68205841
they're pretty good overall
that album is life affirming
>>
>>68205917
tbqh they had so many distribution problems that they are hard to get into
i've been to places that have everything and even they don't have zen arcade or new day rising
>>
>>68205917
Sugar were pretty big in the 90's though, arguably bigger than Husker Du in their prime.
>>
new day rising and flip your wig have some good songs.
>>
File: Husker Du Candy Apple Grey 1985.jpg (89KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Husker Du Candy Apple Grey 1985.jpg
89KB, 500x499px
What was their best album to start with? I literally have no clue.

I know one song that was on the Adventureland sountrack...
>>
>>68205841
Amazing album start to finish. Only 2-3 songs it could do without.
>>
>>68205841
Good band. They were a pretty solid and intense Hardcore Punk band that more or less became the blueprint for Alternative Rock. Shitty production marred their entire career however. Ranging from the ridiculously raw and underproduced early SST albums and the Warner Bros albums which were strangely simultaneously underproduced AND overproduced and had some of the worst drum sounds of all time.
>>
File: imagesZV967ODW.jpg (27KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
imagesZV967ODW.jpg
27KB, 224x225px
>>68206652
yeah I can tell. I listened to Don't want to know if your lonely just know and it was a great song. As you noted though total crap production.
>>
>>68206288
when was their prime? the early 80's?
>>
>>68207268
Zen Arcade and New Day Rising seem to largely be considered their best. They really never released anything awful though. I think some even consider Flip Your Wig and Candy Apple Grey to be their best.
>>
>>68205841
Best fucking band from my area by a long shot.
>>
>I feel like they are a well kept secret...
lmfao no
>>
>>68208072
No need to be snide. I don't here much about them mainstream or underground these days.

Where are they still well known?
>>
>>68209191
they were just featured on Good Morning America or some shit. They actually played some grainy video of an early hardcore show Land Speed Record era. Bob Mould was on promoting his new album.

but I mean its an old band thats been broken up for almost 30 years so I dont see why you'd hear much about them anymore but its not because its a secret more like the complete opposite.
>>
>>68206489
My dad had this album.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.