[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL Studio Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (93KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
93KB, 300x300px
So i recorded my band yesterday to FL studio.
I had all recorded tracks at the sequencer section.
Now today I was going to start mixing them but all my tracks were speeded/pitched up. They are also speeded up in my libary where i saved those files.

Does anyone know what the fuck has happened? Can I fix this?
>>
i'm gonna take a total guess and say somewhere between the recording & the playback the sample rate changed
if they're playing back faster they're probably at 48khz now; try converting them to 44.1khz & playing them back
ofc i'm just talking out of my ass so i could be entirely wrong
>>
>>68190203

Thank you for your answer.

These files were recorded with RME fireface ufx (interface) and its driver Asio Fireface usb.

I opened couple of these ruined files in edison and it says that samplerate is 44.1 khz.
>>
>>68190352
do other audio files on your computer still play at the proper speed & pitch if you hit play on them right now?
>>
>>68190352
also, what OS are you running?
>>
>>68190409

Yes they do

>>68190421

Windows

They worked well yesterday when i was playbacking/recording on them.
Then I took my computer back to home and switched asio4all driver on (because rme fireface ufx is not anymore connected into my computer), and this proplem appeared.

So even when i open them in windowsmediaplayer they play fast, all other audiofiles in my comp play normal speed.
>>
>>68190540
which windows?
>>
FL really isn't made for multi track recording.

You should be using pro-tools to record a band. Now you know.
>>
>>68190540
actually, i think the OS isn't all that important
it looks like Asio4all forces a sample rate of 48k, which would be a problem if you recorded in 44.1k using an audio interface that doesn't force that sample rate.
So the easy solution, going forwards, is just to remember to always record & work in 48k unless you have a specific reason not to, which is generally a good plan to have anyway IMHO
>>
can't you just slow down the tempo
>>
>>68190558

windows 10 home
>>
>>68190540
as for 'recovering' the files, if my guess is correct you should find that they suddenly play perfectly again when you plug into the physical interface. I'd make a copy of them for backup before doing anything, but you might want to try converting them to 48khz and hopefully they should play back correctly just by doing that. hopefully. hence the backup.
>>
>>68190588
as someone who works w/ both FL & PT, i totally agree but there is the downside of PT being hella more expensive and (i think?) harder to pirate
>>
You must have changed the main tempo at some time. Load your .flp and try to change it until the tracks sound normal. You can also try to see whats your default new project tempo by launching one and see if it matches the one you have trouble with
>>
>>68190614
That's only a downside if you're not serious about recording properly and/or poor
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.