[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can only pick one The one you pick is guarunteed to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1234234234.jpg (342KB, 1869x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1234234234.jpg
342KB, 1869x1000px
You can only pick one

The one you pick is guarunteed to make at least another two great albums.
>>
Shinji
>>
i pick shinji
so much potential
>>
>>68188811

jeff or tim

also who's the fatty
>>
Do the posthumous albums count toward that? Specifically From a Basement on a Hill, and Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk.
>>
My brain says Coltrane, my heart says Shinji
>>
>>68188861
you serious? thats D Boon from the Minutemen
>>
File: ian.jpg (15KB, 315x310px) Image search: [Google]
ian.jpg
15KB, 315x310px
>>68188861
>also who's the fatty
>>
Shinji>Jeff>Train>D.Boon>Dilla>Tim>Elliot>Nicky
I like to think these are the objective rankings, n9t my personal ranking of how I like them but just the untold stories and all that. I like how almost everyone is picking Shinji also, you guys get it.
>>
>Shinji

Shinji who
>>
>>68189184
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishmans
>>
>>68188811
Some statistics
Coltrane died the oldest on this list at 40, Nick the youngest at 26, J Dilla, Shinji and Elliot Smith died at 32, 33 and 34 respectively, D at 27, Tim at 28 and his boy at 30.
And now I'm sad.
>>
>>68188811
Tim
Because he wasn't going to make anything good alive
>>
>>68188811

>Elliott Smith
I love Elliott a lot, and I think he would have made more amazing albums if he didn't kill himself.

>Shinji
The last few Fishmans albums and that live album were really great. He seemed like such a talented guy. No idea what he would have ended up doing if he didn't die after Fishmans broke up.

>Nick Drake
Nick's work is so amazing that I often crave for more, but his life/death are tied to his albums so much I couldn't imagine him putting out another after Pink Moon.

>Coltrane
Undoubtedly would have made more acclaimed albums. I think it would be interesting to see him live into the Fusion period of the late 60's/early 70's.

>D. Boon
I always found Minuteman to be kind of hit or miss, but I liked his style. More stuff like Double Nickels would be awesome though.

>J Dilla
I think that's his name. I don't really listen to hip hop, but it's sad a talent tied so young.

>Jeff Buckley
I have mixed feelings of him. He definitely had talent and Grace is a great album, but at the same time I think he was a marketing tool. It would be interesting to see more material, but I think he would have gone for an even more commercial sound.

>Tim Buckley
Amazing artist overall with a great voice. He was not in a good spot musically when he died, which is a shame, but there were rumors he was going to go back to the folk rock/psychedelic folk style for his next project. More classics like Happy/Sad would be great
Overall, It's a hard pick, but I'd have to say Tim Buckley because of his unique and powerful voice.
>>
>>68189290
>kill himself.

nigga do your research
>>
>>68188832
>>68188846
>>68188868
this
>>
>>68189307
>He didn't kill himself

Conspiracy theorists can fuck right off.
>>
>>68188811
If you pick anyone other than Coltrane you're a tard, a tard or a tard.

Btw the only good Shinji is Shinji Ikari
>>
Either Jeff or Nick because the others all have fairly sizable back catalogues anyway
>>
Let's see who you guys pick from this batch, who would you bring back? You can pick 5.
>Hank Williams
>Ritchie Valens
>Buddy Holly
>Eddie Cochran
>Otis Redding
>Baby Huey
>Marc Bolan
>Sandy Denny
>Chris Bell
>Charlie Parker
>Eric Dolphy
>Jaco Pastorious
>Jay Reatard
>Amy Winehouse
>Charizma
>DJ Screw
>Big L
>>
>>68189392
Parker and Dolphy. Fuck the rest
>>
>>68189392
Jay Reatard x5
>>
>>68189446
Reddit is the other way, kid
>>
>>68189392
>Big L rest in peace
>>
>>68188811
This image is missing Kurt
>>
>>68189483
The word "missing" implies that he belongs on there in the first place
>>
>>68189451
>reddit meme
>>
Definitely Elliott. I feel that he died prematurely and would've had so much more to say/do in his lifetime. I would've loved having the prospect of potentially meeting him one day or watching him grow older and wiser.

As for Shinji, I didn't know that was his name or that he even died. That's pretty sad, I guess. My next choice would either be Shinji or Jeff Buckley.

Nick Drake would be a close third on my list, died way too young.

Then J Dilla, poor guy was robbed of the rest of his life by a shitty disease. I'm getting sad now. Definitely Elliott first, they're all great though.
>>
>>68189483
Well actually no because everyone in that picture was very talented and he y'know, wasn't.
>>
>>68189392
Probably Eddie Cochran, Otis Redding, Eric Dolphy, Jaco Pastorious, and Marc Bolan.
>>
>>68189392
I pick Buddy Holly, Otis Redding and Marc Bolan.

I think Buddy could go on to be everything he wasn't. He seemed like a chill dude, not too fucked up on drugs, so he'd probably still be alive.

Otis Redding's music was just good, I'd like more of that.

After a string of shitty albums, T. Rex released Dandy In the Underworld, which I really liked. He'd probably make some more good albums, reinvent himself and do something mind-boggling.

Also,
>Ed Cochran

PS. I'm new to most of these and /mu/ please rec some music.
>>
>>68189558
death grips and anco
>>
>>68189558
The fact that Marc didn't get to hear the 80s drum machine sound is an absolute travesty.
>>
>>68188811
Shinji, D. Boon or Coltrane
>>
>>68189587
Come to think of it, Nick or Elliott would be great too
>>
>>68189392
Hank Williams
Buddy Holly

thats good enough for me
>>
File: jimi.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jimi.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
>>68188811
I just wish this dude would've made at least one more album man
>>
>>68189568
I like Death Grips. Will check out Anco.

>>68189576
Indeed. I read somewhere that he was interested in punk music, and I think punk music with Marc vocals would've been.... interesting...
>>
>>68188811
Is the fat one D Boon? Or no? And who is the Asian? And the black sax man?
But obviously I'd pick Nick Drake
>>
>>68189941
Yes it's D. Boon, asian is Shinji from Fishmans, black sax man is St. John Coltrane
>>
>>68188811
Fucking Nick Drake
>>
>>68189941
>>68189995
This
>>
>>68189353
Not really a conspiracy theory, people are just not sure if it was suicide.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.