[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s opinion of Childish Gambino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: a61ee51a.jpg (609KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
a61ee51a.jpg
609KB, 703x703px
What's /mu/'s opinion of Childish Gambino?
>>
>>68167415
He sucks at rapping and he's an awful comedian and his new show is awful. Overrated glorified faggot.
>>
>>68167415
Never put out a good project. Loved by insufferable suburban teenagers who treat music taste as a fashion accessory. Probably one of the worst musicians alive right now, along with Lil Dicky.
>>
>>68167415
Childish
>>
>>68167415
That is his only good album
>>
>>68167415
The rapper for white middle class stuck up kids all over the western world
>>
>>68167466
I'm really into Shadows. That guitar sounds straight out of a Doobie Brothers' song. And that riff at the end of The Worst Guys is pretty sweet.
>>
his standup is good, his shows and his music are shit
>>
the only thing shittier than his acting is his music
>>
>>68167415
A great artist who gets bullied by everyone (pitchfork, 4chan, leddit) because he used to be a comedian.
>>
I have never liked a rapper until I found out about Childish Gambino. I used to watch Community and thought he was hilarious. I don't like his stand-up comedy, but I really like Camp and Because the Internet. His new show Atlanta is already better than many other shows. I don't believe his overrated, I think he deserves all the praise.
>>
zealots of stockholm is a genuinely good song
>>
He is for faggot hipsters

>>68168360
Like this gentleman over here
>>
His music was my gateway drug to DG
>>
>>68168375
Hey man
>>
great work ethic, too bad he's not actually good at anything. Everything he does is 6/10
>>
>>68167415
i like the new show and he's music
>>
He's a cool dude. Gets way too much flak because of P4K and Fantano drones. Atlanta is a great show, his singing talents are great, and Because the Internet was also good.
>>
>>68168199
This, if I've learned anything from my time being here, it's that artist that get a lot of shit or have a cancerous fan base are usually pretty good
>>
>>68167415
Like J. Cole, Childish Gambino gets alot of hate by white dudes because hes a Kanye West competition.

"Telegraph Ave" is one of the best songs of all time. Because the internet and KAUAI mistape was pretty ok works with great tracks like his track with Jade Smith. Hes not a top rapper but he cpuld improve.

His shows seems to be liked, and now with 'Atlanta', hes receiving alot of praise, good for him, hea definitely creative and more succesful than his haters.
>>
reddit
>>
>>68167415
his remix of partna dem was lit
>>
was a fan of his youtube sketch comedy group

has talent in rap, has talent in comedy, but unfortunately can't seem to differentiate these talents so all his raps end up as jokes

culdelsac has some nice sampling and I thought it was cool for a time, a good nostalgia listen in the future, but anyone getting into him now is probably 13
>>
>>68167415

I like his stuff. I don't love it but I like it.

Plus everyone knows his music so it's usually a safe choice when friends are around.
>>
>>68167415
what kind of love, flight of the navigator, and urn are his only extraordinary songs, but his fans act like all of his songs meet this standard. Hes not the worst but cutting out rapping would help him tremedously
>>
He pisses me off. At least his rap does. Community was watchable, so is Atlanta. But his rapping, he's such a pretentious little shit. He has nothing interesting to say. I group him with Tyler the Creator, in the talented but puerile, a step above Tech N9ne and Hopsin.
>>
>>68174250
Because Kanye's lyrics are so good right?
>I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex. Why? I made that bitch famous
>For all the girls that got dick from Kanye West. If you see ‘em in the streets give ‘em Kanye’s bests. Why? They mad they ain’t famous
>>
>>68167415
kind of pedantic to be honest
>>
>>68175065

I don't listen to Kanye much desu specifically because a lot of his music is like that.

But his production and his occasional heartfelt songs(Big Brother for example) are better than what Childish does. At least to my subjective tastes.

I'm more of a The Cool era Lupe or Blackalicious kind of guy anyways.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQ3Hpj-CBU
>>
>>68175572
holy shit that was the worst.
>>
i was really into him when i was in high school and he was putting out raps over animal collective and grizzly bear songs.
>>
Meh.
BTI is still amazing though.
>>
>>68175065
>Claims Kanyes lyrics are trash
>Only posts his meme lyrics from his recent album

ok buddy
>>
He is maybe even worse than J Cole, which is really saying something. Truly, truly awful music that erroneously thinks it's "deep". Cringe x 100K.
>>
He's horrible. He makes me physically ill.
>>
>>68170644
I watched the first episode of Atlanta and was disappointed because of all the hype, does it get any better?
>>
Uncreative and shitty
>>
File: grim gambino.jpg (985KB, 2000x2515px) Image search: [Google]
grim gambino.jpg
985KB, 2000x2515px
>>68167415
>>
he has 1.5 good rap albums and atlanta is pretty good
>>
>>68167415
i liked him in community
>>
>>68177286
Community is shit. Dan harmon is shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>68177299
no, no, and NO U
>>
>>68172325
>J Cole
>Kanye West competition

Please get the fuck out
>>
>>68167415
Music for "le so quirky" teenage girls.
>>
File: 09380984230984092380492384.jpg (246KB, 1400x786px) Image search: [Google]
09380984230984092380492384.jpg
246KB, 1400x786px
he's alright
>>
HE
>>
SINGS
>>
TOO
>>
MUCH
>>
>>68167415
I like his new show, I liked BTI and MTN/Kauai, I liked community, and I thought his stand up special was pretty decent. All in all he's probably one of my favourite people that do things in entertainment/media.
>>
The Worst Guys and Telegraph Ave are great but I don't care for any of his other stuff.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.