[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of music do your parents like? Do they reflect what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1464045580357.gif (328KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1464045580357.gif
328KB, 200x151px
What kind of music do your parents like? Do they reflect what you like?
For me:
Dad
>typical dad rock like Pink Floyd
>Based Bruce Springsteen
Mom
>The Bee Gees
>The Beatles
>Any super soft rock
>>
>>68161063
>having a "mom" and "dad".
It doesnt matter what gender they are. Just say parents next time.
>>
>>68161096
If you don't anything nice to say just don't say anything at all
>>
My parents are actually pretty patrish

Dad:
>Beatles, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, Tom Waits, Built to Spill (because of me)
>Also his fair share of regrettable butt-rock

Mom:
>Talking Heads, David Bowie, Dead Can Dance, The Knife/Fever Ray (because of me), Portishead, LCD Soundsystem (because of me), Sufjan Stevens, some 90's alt-rock like Morphine, Cake, and Soul Coughing
>Also some lame radio pop like Counting Crows and Snow Patrol

And yeah all this stuff is reflected to some degree in my own taste. I grew up around this music and I never went through an edgy phase that would have me reject it.
>>
My father told me once covered Chicago songs when he was in a band as a kid, otherwise he hasnt name dropped any other bands but enjoys the usual dad rock, but for whatever reason has started to enjoy country lately.

My mom listens to Phil Collins and then a fuck ton of Soul/Funk/R&B artists.

Besides country I share both of their tastes pretty well.
>>
Mom listens to modern pop country

Dad listens to buttrock
>>
Father:
Steely Dan and Bach, almost exclusively

Mother:
The Smiths and Morrissey, various Prog Rock, Neofolk, DSBM and Doom Metal
>>
>>68161063
Dad
>Beatles, Bee Gees, any 80s hit that's not hard rock
>Dire Straits, Men At Work, Devo, Police, the list goes on

Mom
>Beatles, the Carpenters, Queen
>now she listens to a lot of Coldplay and Black Eyed Peas wtf mom
>also Maroon 5 and bands like Magic!

basically introduced me to the Beatles and I went on from there
>>
My dad listened to buttrock and soft rock. My mom listens to pop country. Both have trash taste except I found a suitcase full of Lou Reed cassettes from my dad which was surprising
>>
Dad
> ;_;

Mom
> Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Tool, NIN, 2chainz, Black Metal in general
>>
>>68161063
Dad
>> Neil diamond
Mother
>> Cat Stevens
>> Dr hook
>>
Dad
>Jimi Hendrix, King Crimson, lots of old blues, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Police, The Band, Frank Zappa

Mother:
>Nirvana, Soundgarden, Bjork, Ween, Bowie she also liked Death Grips when I played it to her.

I like pretty much all the music my parents like, and I used to have conversations all the time with my Nan about classical, (Dvorak, Shostakovich, Chopin)
>>
Dad
>Beatles, Todd Rundgren, Rolling Stones etc.
Mom
>Jazz

Step-dad (married to my mom) is in an instrumental rock band. Mom doesn't like them and I don't talk to him much.

>I like noise, black metal and ambient stuff
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.