[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /mu/, which one should I choose? This is completely serious,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Well /mu/, which one should I choose?

This is completely serious, I've already finished my major requirements and just need to reach my uni's unit minimum to graduate
>>
>>68160870
Bowie. Bowie. Bowie. Bowie by far. A lot more versatile, did a lot more genres than the beatles ever did. He'd be a lot more fun to learn about.
>>
>>68160870
>>68160960
Also holy shit I wish my college had a David Bowie class you lucky MF....
>>
why not take a philosophy class or something more interesting instead? knowledge and conversation about popular music/musicians is easy to come by but there are a lot of good subjects in school that are hard to find anywhere else unless you do it alone (i.e. books, podcasts, etc.)

hell, if you're at a half-decent school there's a chance that somebody on your uni's faculty is a renowned academic in some subject. a lot of music history type classes are usually junk taught by randos who have PHDs in music whatever and were well connected/charismatic enough to land a job teaching. but aren't themselves that interesting.

so unless your school is some sort of exception i'd think twice about taking "The Beatles" or "David Bowie"
>>
Suicide or transfer.
>>
>>68161112
>there's a chance that somebody on your uni's faculty is a renowned academic in some subject
Those classes have prereqs.
>>
>>68160960
>>68161059
DONE
>>68161112
I lied earlier to simplify things, I'm actually finishing my major requirements this quarter by taking 4 very intense classes that are going to be a shit ton of work, so I want my fifth class to something easy. I have no doubt this class will be absolute junk taught by some rando nerd. I am currently enrolled in a class with one of the best professors we have at the moment
>>
>>68161284
My brother you have made a great choice.

How much about Bowie do you already know?
>>
>>68161308
I love Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane and like a few songs off Low, Heroes, and Blackstar. About the man himself I know nothing
>>
>>68161391
You are gonna have a great time, man. Learning about Bowie was one of the greatest decisions I ever made and he's my favorite musician.

I was into the beatles for a while (I listened to nothing BUT them for years) but their music doesn't hold a candle to Bowie's in the slightest. Bowie's done pretty much every genre you can imagine.
>>
>>68161207
probably. mostly. but not all the time. i go to a pretty good state school... not super prestigious... and i took a required history class and it was taught by one of the world's leading experts on 19th century german history. he's written a few books. harvard phd. really interesting guy.

one of my math professors is a leading expert on discrete dynamical systems. there are concepts in that field of mathematics named after him. he won some sort of extremely prestigious national award in Poland (where he's from) that they've only given to like 5 people. there was a documentary made about him and 2 other mathematicians. he's taught introductory math courses before, though the class im in with him now is 400 level (real analysis)

>>68161284
i can understand that. still. at least think about going out of your comfort zone and learning about something new that you're totally not familiar with. since you're posting on /mu/ im gonna take a leap and say that you're probably already "into" music. but what about an easy class in art? or history? or a creative writing course? one of the best things i've ever done was take and art history class to fulfill my humanities credit. loved it. i've got a really strong interest in art, now, and visit galleries/museums and read blogs and articles and essays and whatnot about new art
>>
>>68160870
you should've taken the beatles class and then submitted the scaruffi pasta for you final paper
>>
>>68162356
Yeah, I got into basically the same situation as you in a different field, but it's just I wouldn't want to let people think it was the norm, because I was really lucky.
>>
Id go with the beatles since they inspired the Beach boys and the Neutral Milks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.