[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really, really, like this album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: opethsorceressfinalcd.jpg (107KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
opethsorceressfinalcd.jpg
107KB, 638x638px
I really, really, like this album.
>>
>>68157233
I thought it was pretty good if you like acoustic Opeth.
>>
>>68158196
Indeed the acoustic tracks on this albums are beautiful and nicely composed. Not a fan of the prog metal side, but I think this album is much better than Pale Communion.
>>
>>68157233
Save it, it's all yours my friend.
>>
He can make whatever kind of music he likes, but for fuck's sake, please stop calling it Opeth. It's not.
>>
>>68159869
i don't see what the big deal is.

in an ideal musical landscape, everyone would be david bowie. fuck identities.
>>
Wishing upon a star that at some point in the future, Opeth goes back to being at the minimum an evil and dark sounding band instead of concocting all this happy go lucky prancing through the meadow Genesis type shit. And I hope when they do, they flush out all these arrogant prog snob skinny jeans seatbelt strap messenger bag PBR drinking non-conformist yet amazingly conformist hipster turds down into all the coffee houses, Urban Outfitters, and mustache wax factories from whence they came. Go fold your arms at some other concert wearing your picnic tablecloth looking plaid shirts while me and my metal buddies show actual signs of life to a band we didn't just get introduced to last week. Don't take the chocolate and graham cracker out of my S'mores and keep trying to sell it to me as anything but a burnt marshmallow. I think I'm allowed an opinion considering I've been a diehard since 1997 and have never missed a US tour. Hell none of you know half the Opeth stories I have including working for the damn record label during BWP to Damnation and the amazing stuff that came with that.
>>
>>68160269
While other metal fans might be a bit shy in demanding heavy/evil/growl music again, I certainly am not and will in fact expect it until Opeth and any other "metal" band I love(d) deliver it properly. I demand the same of In Flames and any other group I see under my watchful and piercing gaze abhorrently transforming into something unsatisfactory and substandard. It is not to stifle and contain any creative freedom the artist has, it is simply to express our love and commitment to the things we hold dear and our desire to hold on to the things we cherish. See, most of us in the metal community are extremely protective of our music...come into our world if you like and enjoy the stay but don't you dare take it away from us and claim it as your own, which is what a lot of us perceive is happening...don't expect to take it without a fight. We like "artists" in metal, not pretentious "artistes", and we tend to be a little more purist in nature. You sure can like any form of music you wish, but heavy metal is always the rendezvous point for a lot of us and it's not simply a passing interest. We're a loyal and rabid bunch with strong opinions and certain expectations, at least that's been the tradition. These past few years have almost made me question that. We also tend to not accept the "there's plenty of other metal bands to feed your fix" arguments, sorry we don't listen to metal for the copycat alternatives nor do we look highly upon derivative imitators. There's a reason we want Opeth to carry the metal flag. Do all metal fans fit into the above mold...no, these are just general similarities I've observed over my life. The fact that I have to qualify my statements with this is sad but necessary in this day and age.
>>
>>68160285
Anyway, I'm convinced every band "comes home" at a certain point if they have wandered too far into the wilderness and so I keep my hopes up with every record now. Opeth, you are SORELY NEEDED back in the metal world. We're glad your 70's Comus swami Gordon Lightfoot hey Mr. Tambourine Man Fairport Convention acid trip has gotten you to this juncture, but as with all old friends and family who love one another, it's time for a metal intervention from the people who have loved you most for 20 years. Come back to us and lead the way in a genre you were absolutely untouchable in for a decade. Seriously, I can't think of a more impressive album run from Orchid straight through to Ghost Reveries, with Watershed getting the honorable mention.
So sick of taking the "art gallery" approach to an album where we simply must step back and think deep thoughts to try to extract what the artist was going for in this piece and how repeated listens will unlock this magical and mythical doorway to all things Utopia. Another horrible byproduct of hipster culture...being forced to accept Mikael & Co. as if their last 3 albums belong in the Louvre, and the great unwashed metal masses and their silly growling records that came before belong in the dumpster on the side of a condemned Chinese restaurant. Regarding Sorceress, the track "Sorceress 2" has an awesome evil vocal at 1:41 and there's a few other minor great points throughout but this is essentially Heritage 3. Trace elements of the past with a 5-10% darkness simply won't cut it! It's like Mikael embraces everything now he rightly realized was pretentious during the Morningrise recordings (minstrel, lute, harps, etc.).
>>
>>68160318
Don't like what I'm saying hipster? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm told all day long from you that I have to accept and respect whatever regurgitations come out of your mouths, so I simply return serve. Move along swiftly, if you pass go collect $200. Come at me apologists, I used to be one so I'm already 10 steps ahead of you.
>>
>>68160318
>stopping at Ghost Reveries instead of Watershed

For what purpose?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.