[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where do I begin with these guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

where do I begin with these guys
>>
File: 1410644513773.png (10KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1410644513773.png
10KB, 300x100px
Start with music has the right to children, then check out geogaddi. And dont forget about their less popular releases like Twoism and Hi scores. Tomorrow's Harvest was really good but some may not like it as much as the first 2 i mentioned. And as for the album you used in the OP, it's also very good and uses more acoustics giving it a unique sound compared to their other releases. Honestly just listen to everything if you can, not a bad release from them IMO.
>>
Music Has The Right To Children > Campfire Headphase > Geogaddi > Tomorrow's Harvest

Geogaddi is the hardest one to get into, but the best one imo
>>
>a few years ago back in high school was really digging this album and the whole ambient
>go to a record store with mom to buy it
>play it on the way home and leave it in the car
>overnight someone broke into the car and took the dashboard
>my campfire headphase was inside the stereo
i still have the cd case for it laying around but I had intense hatred for whoever took my shit and the dash
>>
>>68156066
Geogaddi is very catchy to be honest, weird and scary at the same time, but always catchy
>>
>>68156398
damn that sucks anon, at least that thief will find peace n this music
>>
>>68156459
hope he chokes on it in peace
>>
File: 1431046365763 BoC.jpg (1MB, 1772x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1431046365763 BoC.jpg
1MB, 1772x1187px
>>68156494
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 220x220px
For a little taste start here.
>>
>>68156597
Though I will say Tomorrow's Harvest is their moodiest release and worth a listen. But this EP is one of my faves
>>
>>68156597
I love this ep, kid for today is so sweet, warm and cozy
>>
>>68156437
True, but that heavily depends on each person's musical taste. Many people can get put off by it because it has a "cult" vibe to it, but once you listen to it enough times it's an amazing album.
>>
>>68156725
Personally I really really love "Music Has The Right To Children" despite it's cult-y status, the whole "man you gotta listen tp this it's a classic!!" thing can create pressure though. Those records take a few listens.
>>
>>68155407
>>68156032
These. If you want lighter songs try music has the right to children and the campfire headphase. Geogaddi and tomorrow's harvest are darker records. Geogaddi is weird, kind of an aphex twin vibe, and tomorrow's harvest sounds like like the soundtrack to a version of interstellar that's actually a good film. Don't listen to the tomorrow's harvest haters, its actually really good.
>>
>>68156845
oops, wrong post, didn't mean to put the op there
>>
>>68156845
Tomorrow harves is my fav, but mostly because muh circumstances (i heard this in a cold night, driving through the desert to visit my grandpa, i will never forget that momet)
>>
File: boards.jpg (38KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
boards.jpg
38KB, 736x490px
huge boc fan here

I started with TCH EP, then TCH, MHTRTC, and rest of discog followed. TCH is still my fav, and fav record of all time.
I'd go
MHTRTC -> Geogaddi -> TH -> TCH
for EPs I'd say
IABPOITC -> Twoism -> TCH EP
Afte that, I'd strongly rec hitting the old tunes; they're very rough in mixing and sometimes composition but if you loved the atmospheres of Music Has The Right and TCH it's basically a mixed bag of those. For me, I'd describe it as ghostly at times, for those that really dig into Geogaddi (tho the songwriting is nothing like in Geogaddi).

If you like hip hop, I'd reccomend their remixes as well: Their remixes strongly lean towards hip hop, but as always the instrumentation is totally left field. It's hard to describe the remixes as a whole, but I personally love them, some of my favorite work from them. I rec the Dead Dogs Two remix and the Good Friday remix, but all of them are good.
>>
Everyone says Music Has The Right is the best place to start, but I couldn't get into them with that. The Campfire Headphase seemed a little more accessible to me, then I listened to the Twoism EP, THEN Music Has The Right, Geogaddi, and at that point you can't escape and consume everything they've put out.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.