[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: "It finally clicked"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

ITT: "It finally clicked"
>>
At first Ionly liked Golden Soldiers and Blood &and Poison. Now I honestly believe it's one of the very few ultimate, true God-tier records.

Keywords: I, think, one of.
>>
File: IMG_3980.jpg (48KB, 300x300px)
IMG_3980.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>
>>68152434
I'm glad you like it now, but, man, how did it take time for American Pie to click for you? The eponymous song is such a fucking classic. So much rock history compressed into eight minutes of top-notch lyricism and a catchy melody.
>>
The only part that appeals to me is when he says "when the music stopped" bc 1). RIP Valens 2). It's the best sounding part

The chorus sucks and idk what he even means by American Pie
>>
File: 51WHX26rRgL._SY300_.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51WHX26rRgL._SY300_.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>68152434
>>
>>68154224
Read a breakdown of the lyrics dude. All of it is symbolic, describing shit that was happening in music and society from the 50s to 70s.
>>
My sister's boyfriend was really into this and I think that subconsciously deterred me from them, until one day I literally woke up with a sudden appreciation for this song and I've been more or less hooked for months

https://pleasantries.bandcamp.com/track/she-takes-his-tv-time
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
>>68152434
Don McLean: American Pie [United Artists, 1971]
The title cut is the great novelty song that may be about the death of rock and roll or may be about its refusal to die. The other material here indicates that McLean himself believes the former, but since it also indicates that he couldn't have composed "American Pie"--he just took dictation from the shade of Buddy Holly, who must be taking some pretty strong drugs up there to make such a mistake--you might as well judge for yourself. And do so like a real novelty-lover, by buying the single--unless you're in the market for a song about how nobody understood Van Gogh. C-
>>
>>68155067
B-but Vincent is his best song
>>
File: Rplot.png (107KB, 625x593px) Image search: [Google]
Rplot.png
107KB, 625x593px
I watched that Ian Curtis biopic, having that context really helped this time around
>>
>>68155067
>>68155098
Yeah, this guy is a pretentious fuckstick.
>>
>inb4 trout mask replica
>>
File: under a funeral moon.jpg (205KB, 1600x1443px) Image search: [Google]
under a funeral moon.jpg
205KB, 1600x1443px
>>68152434
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.