[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MINIMAL WAVE/MINIMAL SYNTH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: topsters2.png (2MB, 2521x1064px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
2MB, 2521x1064px
Help me make a bigger chart to get more people into this genre. I mostly included dancier cuts rather than more experimental albums like Vanity Records albums, Esplendor Geometrico or Monoton. You guys do listen to this music...right?
>>
>>68151635
What's the difference between the two?
>>
>>68151665
Not much really, but some people prefer to call less poppy minimal albums Minimal Synth.
>>
>>68151665
wave is just a retrospective term assigned to synthpop/synth-heavy post-punk music that was stripped-down or sparse compared to other works in the genre, minimal synth takes that to the extreme and eschews things like complexity in songwriting or structure in favor of pure synth

any good minimal releases this year? i've been looking through a lot of EPs and couldn't find anything that great
>>
>>68151806
The same here, I have a collection and all but I don't have any active artists to follow
>>
>>68151806
OP here, same here, last year's November Novelet was good but I haven't found anything memorable this year.
>>
>>68151635
End Of Data - Sahrah
Ensemble Pittoresque - For This Is Past
Dark Day - Exterminating Angel and Window
Damon Edge - The Wind Is Talking
Steven Grandell - Animal Angst (essential)
Nun s/t
And you should probably throw in Suicide s/t for good measure
>>
>>68151635
Oppenheimer Analysis - New Mexico
The Units - Digital Stimulation
Picky Picnic - Picnic Land
Laurie Anderson - Big Science
Suicide - s/t
Dark Day - Window
Martin Rev - s/t?
>>
>>68152047
>>68151983
with the suicide suggestions it might not be a bad idea to throw in a soft cell album since they basically started as a suicide tribute band

their first EP, non-stop erotic, or (preferably) this last night in sodom would be good picks
>>
>>68151912
>November Novelet
I really can't take them serious after seeing their videos
>>
>>68151635
Needs fireside favorites, the objectively best minimal wave/synth album next to suicide
>>
>>68151635
good on you for having flesh on there
>>
What's the best entry-level album for minimal wave? Pretty much anything on OP's chart?
>>
>>68152388
You could start with the Andie Oppenheimer or The Minimal Tapes in OP's chart (both amazing), or if you're generally unfamiliar with synth music then start with:
>Suicide - Suicide
>Fad Gadget - Fireside Favorites
>The Human League - Reproduction
If you're into the sound it's really rewarding to get into, it's a surprisingly prolific genre and a lot of releases are really consistently good aesthetically + sonically
>>
>>68152388
I'd say space museum or new mexico.
>>
>>68151635
Wow real neat entry level middling dross there OP cool it's cool to make useless charts cool
>>
>>68152514
what would you suggest instead of being a faggot then, he literally says in the OP that he purposefully chose dancier release
>>
>>68152480
>>68152492
Thank you both, I'll have a listen soon

>>68152514
Piss off you cunt. At least he's doing something good.
>>
>>68151983
Suicide is more Synthpunk than Minimal Wave imo
>>
>>68152567
>faggot
>>68152588
>good
>>
If HTRK and Tropic of Cancer are my only exposures to minimal wave, should I try the OP stuff out?
>>
>>68153168
t. embryo
>>
>>68153168
This shit's not really too similar to HTRK, and it sounds cheaper and sparser than Tropic of Cancer, but check it out you might like it.
>>
>>68153168
tropic of cancer alone should have you set, yeah
>>
>>68153191
>>68153206
>>68153212
ty senpai :)
>>
>>68152514
fuck off
>>
>>68151635
htrk is the logical conclusion to those two
best band out right now
>>
>>68154576
lmaoing at that shit opinion
>>
>>68154652
its true and you know it
post better bands or shuddup faggot
>>
File: Colossal Youth.jpg (39KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
Colossal Youth.jpg
39KB, 500x497px
>>68151635
I know this doesn't get called Minimal Wave very often, but it is.
>>
>>68155723
literally any single band out there is better fucker
i've wated too much time on your retarded ass already
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.