[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So, anon, what kind of music do you listen to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

What do you tell Normies/Chads/Stacys you listen to?

What do you actually listen to?

Me:

>Normies/Chads/Stacys?
"M-mostly punk, indie, and rap but honestly I listen to everything"

>Actually
Pop punk, post hardcore, emo, hip hop, indie pop, indie rock, electropop, indietronica
>>
>"iggy pop"
>>
>>61901088

"Heavy metal"

If they don't like it, they can fuck off.
>>
just say a bit of everything

your taste is "normie"-core anyway i dont know what the fuck youre hiding it for
>>
>>61901088
>indietronica
If someone used this word irl near me I would have a hard time not killing them. Who the fuck came up with this?
>>
>>61901135
Autism t b h. No one likes a metalhead

>>61901136
It's pretty normie-core by /mu/'s standards but most people I know irl still like Coldplay and Maroon 4
>>
>>61901171
Why do you think I don't say shit like this irl?
>>
i like ween i really fucking like ween
>>
>>61901194
Well I mean you still used it in your post. I hate the term in general.
>>
>>61901135
and then you go abuse small animals and piss your bed
>>
>>61901088
>normie
I like how on /mu/ it means "people who don't spent hours everyday looking for obscure music"

But on /fa/ it means "wears mall tier clothing and no designer shoes "

But on /g/ it means you're a slave to the botnet and using a windows machine or "overpriced hipster macbook"

Or on /sci/ it's anyone who can't d a triple integral
tl;Dr you're a pleb to somebody (me)
tl;Dr you're a pleb to somebody
>>
>>61901171
> I would have a hard time not killing them

>mfw this is an everyday situation for me

>>61901174
It's pretty normie-core by /mu/'s standards but most people I know irl still like Coldplay and Maroon 4

wow, neo-mu sure is insecure and delusional simultaneously. the fuck kind of planet you on where hip hop, indie rock, indie pop isnt the most normie shit ever?
>>
>>61901212
>/mu/
>irl

cmon senpai

this is our little secret club reeeee xD ;)))
>>
>>61901088
I usually tell them I tend to stick to top 40 and generally don't enjoy listening to music in my spare time.
>>
>>61901234
>insecure and delusional

describes me perfectly senpai ;^)
>>
>>61901088
I try to interpret whatever the person likes and say what I think they want to hear, that way it's easier to become better acquaintance and have something to talk about.
>>
>>61901088
I tell them tokyo shoegazer is my favorite band.
>>
>>61901174

>No one likes a metalhead

So what?
>>
>>61901272
What if they ask you first
>>
>>61901304
Shut the hell up
>>
>Normies/Chads/Stacys
prog rock, black metal, shoegaze

>Actually
prog rock, black metal, shoegaze

it's not that hard, just don't be a fag about it
>>
>>61901393
>Interpret
It's a judgement call. I'm usually pretty good with being able to tell what people like and their upbringings. Works I'd say 7/10 times for the usual "normies"
>>
>"rap"

>actual
emo, trap music, cloud rap, hardcore punk, and various forms of electronic.
>>
>>61901088
>Normies/Chads/Stacys
music
>Actually
nothing
>>
>>61902123
Imagine if I actually said I listen to emo IRL though

>>61902144
Whoa there Freud
>>
>>61901135
>Heavy metal
"wow anon you don't have to be so rude just because your big sister brought you along because your parents didn't want to get a babysitter"
>>
>>61902123
>black metal
TRASH
R
A
S
H
>>
>>61902123
also realize that most people ask this question to talk about themselves and to see if you have common tastes, generally they don't care what you answer if it's different from their taste.

>>61902263
>Imagine if I actually said I listen to emo IRL though
idk man, i find that most people don't give a shit about what you say so long as you own it, if you hold your ground people wont give you shit for it imo.
>>
I say something like , "oh, a little bit of everything."

Hides my power level and generally ends the conversation.
>>
File: 1452222640354.gif (113KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
1452222640354.gif
113KB, 400x362px
>>61902325
>not liking black metal
>>
>>61902263
> imagine the weird looks peope would give me if I said I liked EMO!!!!! one of the most mainstream genres in the past 10 years!!!!!! GUYS
>>
>>61902416
>liking black metal
I'm sorry your mom made you go to church when you were younger but that's no reason for self abuse.
>>
>>61902381
Good point

>>61902433
Kill yourself
>>
>What i tell them
Patrician
>What i actually listen to
Plebian
Anybody else here do that?
>>
Why not just tell people what you listen to? Most of the people who have no idea what I'm talking about end up checking it out and I get some funny reactions. My said Loveless sounded like, "Poorly mixed songs from the 90s played on really shitty speakers."
>>
>>61902487
If I'm on a date I go into more detail I guess but randoms at a party don't warrant going too in depth
>>
polyethnic cajun slamgrass
>>
>>61902433
>one of the most mainstream genres
its popularity has nothing to do with the fact that when someone hears 'emo' they think cringeworthy hot topic bands
>>
>>61902546
Yeah it's not about appearing mainstream.

When people think "emo" they think terrible metalcore and MCR. Now, to be fair, I love MCR, but I hate being associated with the 2000s "emo" scene
>>
>>61901233
dubs speak truths
>>
>>61902566
It sucks, especially because the scene is mostly watered-down post-hardcore, metalcore, and pop punk
>>
>>61903017
Yeah the scene was more of an altrock offshoot than emo. I blame Taking Back Sunday for the crossover. They're one of my favourite bands ever but god damn they had some terrible fucking fans.
>>
File: 1451883044763.jpg (307KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1451883044763.jpg
307KB, 1024x683px
>>61901233
>tfw 4chan boards control every aspect of your lifestyle
>>
>what I tell them
harsh noise, glitch, field recordings, tapeloops

>what I actually listen to
hip-hop, indie pop, folk
>>
desu "normies" most of the time will either be interested in you or not if you just be honest with them and non condensending towards them. You have niche interests, that's fine let the other person learn about you and learn about the other person, that's what conversations are about.
>>
Just a question, I usually visit /mu/ whenever a singer or someone dies, last time I was here was when Wayne Static died just to feel the vibe and see how people reacted.

But I want to ask if /mu/ like or hates people that like Post Hardcore or mathrock music?
I listen to things like Polyphia, Periphery, Dance Gavin Dance, A Day To Remember, Chon, Atreyu, August Burns Red, Brand New, Boys Night Out, Circa Survive, Coheed And Cambria, Senses Fail, Silverstein, The Used, The Amity Affliction and lot's of bands like that.

What is the consensus of /mu/ and those genres and bands? Are they talked about? Are they hated and regarded as shit posters?
I've always wanted to know what is universally loved here. Sorry if I have shit taste in advance to some people.
>>
File: image.png (154KB, 294x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
154KB, 294x297px
Rap, the fags wouldn't understand the different genres of edm or any of the other shit I like. Good luck having a decent conversation about rap with anyone who isn't on mu. Fags don't even know the distinctions between Memphis, trap, drill, west coast, etc all that shit. They look at you like you have three heads.
>>
>>61903071
4chan has shown me a lot of cool shit desu senpai
>>
>>61903157
>Polyphia, Periphery, Dance Gavin Dance, A Day To Remember, Chon, Atreyu, August Burns Red, Brand New, Boys Night Out, Circa Survive, Coheed And Cambria, Senses Fail, Silverstein, The Used, The Amity Affliction
They'll hate you.

I like some of those same bands but by and large /mu/ doesn't like this shit.

Shout out to Boys Night Out tho mad underrated G T A B O Y S
>>
>>61903196
Not going to lie, it is a pretty good place for devolping deeper tastes in things
>>
>Normies/Chads/Stacys?
"Experimental music, indie, electronic, japanese music, 80's pop, futurefunk"

>Actually
Vaporwave, drone, bubblegum bass, pc music, futurefunk, 80's/90's pop, intros from animus, dubstep, trance, house, synthwave, swing.
>>
File: BNO-trainwreck_cover.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BNO-trainwreck_cover.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>61903238
Damn, that's unfortunate to hear, I've always wanted to talk about some music like that but I knew my taste would be disregarded and hated.

Thanks again though, I really appreciate it, I guess I'll continue avoiding /mu/ like I have been since 2009.

Also good taste bro
>>
>>61903338
Meh, doesn't stop me from shitposting

Are you on RYM? I think we'd get along
>>
>>61903338
don't think like this anon, /mu/ is a community run place, if you want content, make it. start a /screamo/ general, attract anons with similar taste, and ignore shitposters

I find your music unlistenable, but I always want to see more variety that the "can anyone recommend me bands like mbv" threads
>>
>>61903157
Just speaking for myself but i like Chon and Brand New, i dislike Periphery and Coheed And Cambria.

also, you might like Plini and Vola if you have not heard of them, Plini is a lot like Chon and Vola has an interesting mix of genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fNhD_lP1F4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Akzp5Oqww
>>
File: 1453329769065-lgbt.png (426KB, 848x465px) Image search: [Google]
1453329769065-lgbt.png
426KB, 848x465px
Screamo, noise, industrial, and black metal mostly.
I don't really interact with any normies on a regular basis desu. I don't talk to anyone outside of 4chan and a small group of IRL friends anyway.
>>
Meh I don't even give a shit anymore. I just tell them the truth "I only listen to improvised music" then I explain it to them and they're like oh cool.

be yourself.
>>
>>61901088
>Actually
>Pop punk, post hardcore, emo, hip hop, indie pop, indie rock, electropop, indietronica

You should be honest since you already get bullied on this board anyways because your actual taste is fucking shit pleb
>>
>>61904115
Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it
>>
File: CX6ts5uWAAEgokY.jpg:large.jpg (150KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CX6ts5uWAAEgokY.jpg:large.jpg
150KB, 768x1024px
I just answer I listen to both kinds of music. ---------
County AND western!
>>
>>61901135
you're so fucking cool
>>
>a bit of everything

>neofolk, dark ambient, traditional folk, chamber folk, gregorian chant, anything to do with early church music
>>
Honestly I always avoid it by literally spouting /mu/ memes. I usually start with "field recordings of owls", then from there it's post-avant jazzcore or harsh noise (which I actually listen to rarely so I guess it's not all memes)
>>
I usually just say "classic rock and indie folk".

To them, it's Jimi Hendrix and Mumford and Sons. To me, it's Warren Zevvon and Phil Everum.
>>
File: 1452635302408.jpg (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452635302408.jpg
47KB, 700x700px
>>61902416
mynigga.jpg
>>
File: Dishes.jpg (38KB, 425x455px) Image search: [Google]
Dishes.jpg
38KB, 425x455px
rap, bitch
>>
>>61905414
Why do they use make-up?
>>
>>61903076
this
>>
File: target audience.jpg (48KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
target audience.jpg
48KB, 612x612px
>>61903161
>trap
my favorite
every1 in my crew luvs it
post ur crew /mew/
>>
>Normies
Psychedelic anything, pop from the 1960s, prog rock, chillwave, indie pop/rock especially neo-psychedelic groups, ambient

>Actually
Psychedelic anything, pop from the 1960s, prog rock, chillwave, indie pop/rock especially neo-psychedelic groups, ambient
>>
>>61901088
this is the first time that I see an actual response being plebier than the supposed dumbed down one
>>
>>61901088
>Pop punk, post hardcore, emo, hip hop, indie pop, indie rock, electropop, indietronica
That's all Type 0 pop.
>>
>>61905510
Originally it was too look like the musicians were dead//skulls.
But now it's more like a signature.
Like hey, its the guy from that one band oiefouahqeoiaef, I can tell by the triangles!
>>
Why are you people so obsessed with normies
>>
>normie answer
Grunge. Sometimes Iron maiden or led zeppelin.

>for real
90's girl singer songwriters. 90's Shoegaze/psychedelia, 90's slow-core, 80's punk, any goth ever, 50-60's girl groups
>>
>>61905648
Can i sex you
>>
>>61901088
I don't listen to music.
>>
>>61905648
>>61905665
can we orgy?
>>
>>61905648
because we lead dull unfulfilling lives and we need something to pass the time with so we shit on normies
>>
>Normies/Chads/Stacys?

"mostly just everything..."

if they follow up with a question i usually just be ambiguous and say "yeah.. they're pretty nice"

>actually
black metal
>>
File: yugottabesocruel.jpg (158KB, 1572x822px) Image search: [Google]
yugottabesocruel.jpg
158KB, 1572x822px
>>61905671

>mfw this is true
>>
"90s southern rap, shoegaze, and a lot of stuff i find on the Internet"

100% true
>>
The first time I ever talked to my girlfriend I showed her Einsturzende Neubauten

People don't care if you aren't weird about it
>>
>>61901088
something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMk3v2ZyyPM&list=PLb9ZJyHBmz32zqNn4H6Y56Rk9vJRfUnn_

inb4pleb
>>
>>61905671
this was meant for >>61905633
>>
>>61901088
>normies
I like a whole lot of stuff but right now I'm getting into {{JUDGE SITUATION AND SAY THE NAME OF A MAINSTREAM-ALTERNATIVE NORMIE ARTIST}}
>really
atmoshit
>>
desu senpai as long as you deliver with confidence and a bit of pretentiousness
they probably will be interested in whatever band you say
like i told some girl i liked pc-music and added some commentary about it being post-pop music / post-internet and she was unexpectedly interested
works especially well if the girl is a bit artsy and thus would wants your approval
chads will probably casually switch topics b/c they don't give a shit about what you like
>>
I tell them punk rock and indie rock. It's pretty accurate, if not exhaustive.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.