[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How influential are these plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
How influential are these plebs
>>
>>61822554
Somewhat influential
>>
They were pretty influential

Also Stoned and Dethroned is WAY underrated, great album
>>
Pretty damn influential. They're really underrated. Honey's Dead is really good, Darklands is fantastic, Barbed Wire Kisses is on Psychocandy's level, Munki is pretty good, and Automatic is also good. They got too much shit for changing their sound.
>>
>>61822554
I'd say that they were pretty influential to shoegaze and noise pop.

That being said, I can't stand them.
>>
>>61822631
Why? Even though they were pretty abrasive people they seemed genuine enough in what they were doing
>>
>>61822691
Their sound just doesn't work for me. If I'm going to listen to something like that I'd go with Loop.
>>
>>61822554
Very
>>
>>61822554
Influential enough to close out Lost in Translation

(though tbqh City Girl is the best song on it)
>>
>>61822728
Not that anon, but Loop always sounded too tame and Spaceman 3-ish for me.
>>
>>61822613
Listening to that album right now! I love the duo with mazzy star
>>
>>61822728
Eh I like both groups. I'm a sucker for the style though.
>>
>>61822691
>they were pretty abrasive
nigga they made sunshine pop with white noise layerd on top of it.
>>
>>61823956
>pretty abrasive PEOPLE
nigga you need your literacy skills checked
>>
>>61823986
>>61823956
he means this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsL5m1nirs
>>
>>61822554
don't listen to the h8ers best noisepop band of the century
>>
>>61824033
Yes I do thank you, perfect example
>>
>>61822613
very much agree, s&d has some of my favorite jamc songs on it but nobody ever talks about it
>>
>>61824092
>>61824033
more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4ZXpsoOUg
>>
>>61824149
"Joy Division were fucking rubbish"

Is there a more based band on this planet?
>>
>>61822554
Dunno how influential. Their sound especially on Psychocandy, their only good album btw, is so singular that when bands are influenced by them it's painfully obvious and embarrassing,(BRMC anyone?), that said they are the goat for this one album. The look, the songs, the attitude...total cohesion. Perfect. The best. No one could keep that shit up.
>>
If I recall correctly Kevin Shields wanted to be like them so that counts for something. That, and the whole providing the base foundational pieces for shoegaze, if not the aesthetic fusion in the way that genre would. Psychocandy just took pop and layered it with feedback, while sboegaze attemps to make the two inseperable.
>>
>>61822613
and munki
>>
hey >>61825641,have you seen Lost in Translation? K Shields had a major role in it's soundtrack (a la >>61822779)
>>
>>61825641
>Psychocandy just took pop and layered it with feedback, while sboegaze attemps to make the two inseperable.
true. And imo neither the pop tunes behind the noise nor the noise itself are that impressive or unique in each track for me to care about it
>>
>>61825920

I think it comes together on the most abrasive tracks like Never Understand or In A Hole, but by and large I kinda feel like the album blends together into a homogenous blob. I don't dislike it but I appreciate the album more than I sincerely enjoy it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.