[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/, what's your favourite band and why is it the Gorillaz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Gorillaz_band_photo.jpg (20KB, 271x366px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_band_photo.jpg
20KB, 271x366px
/mu/, what's your favourite band and why is it the Gorillaz?
>>
Gorillaz is the ultimate 14-year-old-faking-mental-disorders-to-get-attention core band ever.
>>
>>61795646
that sentence would have been more grammatically correct if you took out the ever at the end
>>
>>61795646
It's kinda emo trash, but that's mainly their 2010 album (which is shite). I like their phase 1/2 stuff a lot more
>>
>>61795323
The ultimate band. Ever
>>
>>61795736
I'll admit that the s/t is pretty fucking catchy, and their image is kinda intriguing, but their fans are cancer and most of their later stuff is crappy too.
>>
>>61795646
Don't you like fun, anon?
>>
>>61795746
Yes. Phase 3 is (mostly) shite, but the rest is great
>>
>>61795323
The epitome of lazy ass pop music. Albarn is a fucking hack.
>>
>>61795811
What are these "Phases"? Just album cycles?
>>
>>61795811
I was tryna meme at >>61795646
But yeah, they're honstely p great.
>>
>>61795782
>but their fans are cancer and most of their later stuff is crappy too
yes. The fans are generic "le edgy" tumbr tards, and the phase 3 is just pure crap
>>
>>61795323
They are actually my favourite band, I never thought someone else on here would think the same
>>
>>61795833
Phase 1 is when the bass girl is basically 10 (19 2000, clint eastwood)
Phase 2 is when the bass girl is older (Feel good inc, dare, dirty harry)
Phase 3 was their 2010 album with the 3d cartoons (Stylo is probably the best from this phase)
>>
File: banned.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
banned.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>61795736
>Gorillaz
>emo
>>
>>61795833
Yeah essentially, every album brings with it a new story arc, although it was only really Phase 3 that attempted to create a proper plot through the music videos, website etc. But it failed spectacularly due to using up the budget on the Stylo video
>>
>>61796230
I mean that in that some of their songs are edgy af, basically mainly feel good inc. I didn't want to go full autist "reeeee they're perfect" on the first poster
>>
>>61796299
How the fuck is Feel Good Inc. edgy?
>>
>>61795833
>>61796241

http://gorillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Backstory
>>
>>61796378
Ghana baffle
>>
>>61796378
fuckin hell mate it's late and I haven't had a cup of tea yet

Looking back it isn't edgy. I'm just rambling. Ignore me.
>>
>>61795323
Best band ever is The Pixies
>>
>>61796437
yeah they are very good, I personally prefer the Gorillaz (probably cause I heard them in my teens, nostalgia)
>>
>>61796682
Gorillaz are probably one of the most nostalgic bands in existence, for me anyway
>>
Personally I've always enjoyed Blur more than Gorillaz
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.