[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have we allowed music like 'this' to be the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: drake-grammy1-620x400.jpg (101KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
drake-grammy1-620x400.jpg
101KB, 620x400px
Why have we allowed music like 'this' to be the most popular by default? Where have we gone wrong as a society that we have hundreds of bands and artists pushing the boundaries of music, yet it is all completely overlooked by rap?

Has the world sunk so far in to degeneracy that there is no way back out? I am at a loss
>>
are you kidding

>>/sharethread/
>>
>>61786429
Elaborate?
>>
It's all cyclical. Just like it was popular in the in the 80's, it's popular now.
>>
>hundreds of bands and artists pushing the boundaries of music
name 50
>>
Drake is like the least degenerate artist you could have picked, more nuanced than many of the artists and bands that currently get critical acclaim and fairly outside the core of hip hop, more rooted in R&B than anything else.

>degeneracy
No well-adjusted person uses this word in order to describe music
>>
>>61786455
My point is that hip-hop and rap has become the social norm, it's almost as if other genres don't exist. To the majority of people this is all there is, and I just don't understand why?

Why is degenerate rap celebrated when there are so many artists putting such better stuff out?

>>61786494
Ok DaMarcus
>>
>>61786429
This is the standard state of popular music so much so that an artist like Nirvana who is mediocre by underground standards, will get endless praise just because they were something "different"
>>
>>61786531
Same reason that rock was pretty much the only genre to exist in the late 60's most of the 70's.

The average person doesn't look too far outside of the chart and the radio.
>>
>>61786531
>so many artists putting such better stuff out?
better than tpab?

not likely
>>
>>61786547
>tpab
>le funny accent
>muh oppression!!!!!

Most kids that listen to that record, and yes it's mostly kids, have no idea what they're hearing
>>
>>61786429
ik this is a bait thread because unlike the past generation
we have options now(youtube,spotify,torrent). I can't even tell you what's popular on the radio now besides hotline bling. My friends and I just listen to Footwork and post punk all day.
who cares about the world. worry about yourself
>>
>>61786531
>Why is degenerate rap celebrated when there are so many artists putting such better stuff out?
whats your aoty 2015
>>
I KNOW WHEN THAT HOTLINE BLING
>>
>>61786587
>we have options now
Well that's just it. We have all these options but rap still dominates? Why? Why don't people make an effort to discover music they like, rather than suck up anything the radio offers them? Searching for music should be encouraged

>>61786595
Irrelevant
>>
>>61786473
>name 50

We're waiting op
>>
>>61786473
H H H
H
H
>>
>>61786622
>Why don't people make an effort to discover music they like, rather than suck up anything the radio offers them?

because most people don't care about music outside of just being some background noise.
>>
These are lyrics from a song released in the 30s.

I got nipples on my titties
Big as the end of my thumb
I got somethin between my legs
That'll make a dead-man come

Baby won't you shave 'em dry
Want you to grind me baby
Grind me until I cry

I fucked all night
And the night before, baby
And I feel like I wanna fuck some more
Oh, grind me honey
Shave me dry

And when you hear me holla baby
Want you to shave me dry

I got nipples on my titties
Big as the end of my thumb
[??]

Oh, daddy shave me dry
And I'll give you something baby
Swear it'll make you dry
I'm gonna turn back my mattress
And let you on my springs
I want you to grind me daddy
Until the bells do ring
Oh baby
Want you to shave me dry
Oh great God daddy, if you can't shave em baby, won't you try?

Now if fuckin' was the thing
That would take me to heaven,
I'd be fuckin' in the studio
Till the clock strike eleven.
Oh daddy, daddy shave 'em dry,
I would fuck you baby,
Honey I'd make you cry.

Now your nuts hang down
Like a damn bell sapper,
And your dick stands up like a steeple.
Your goddam ass-hole
Stands open like a church door,
And the crabs walks in like people.
Ow, shit!
(Aah, sure enough, shave 'em dry?)
Ooooh! Baby, won't you shave 'em dry

A big sow gets fat from eatin' corn,
And a pig gets fat from suckin'.
Reason you see this whore, fat like I am,
Great God, I got fat from f**kin'.
Eeeeh! Shave 'em dry
(Aah, shake it, don't break it)

My back is made of whalebone,
And my cock is made of brass,
And my fuckin' is made for workin' men's two dollars,
Great God, round to kiss my ass.

Oh! Whoo, daddy, shave 'em dry
>>
>>61786622
>Irrelevant
ok so when did this supposedly happen? 2014?
>>
>come to pretentious hipster board
>ask them to play devil's advocate for plebs
What are you expcecting
>>
>>61786622
because majority of people work 40-80hours a week JOBS. When I Was working night shift. I literally had no time to keep up with current music. was so tired from work and then had class the next morning. music was the last thing on my mind besides the stuff I had on my pc.

Some people think the radio has their best interest at heart so it becomes a routine to just wait for whats topping the charts. can't blame them
>>
>>61786698
So what about 12-16 year olds which rap is most popular with? They have nothing but time to use the internet

There's no excuse
>>
>>61786698
damn dude, night shift and you still couldnt listen to music? wtf
>>
>>61786587
how do i into Footwork?
>>
>>61786718
They're out socializing instead of sitting on the music section of a cartoon website
>>
>>61786718
Maybe because they like rap? At this point you know the answers to your own questions and are baiting for (You)'s. If you've found much better music today than rap then why do you care?
>>
>>61786718
that depends on their upbringing . atm I work at a afterschool program with upper middle class kids and besides drake they like edm and one direction,halsey and twenty one pilots. they don't care for future or kendrick

>>61786728
yeah job sucked dick
manager refused to let us wear earphones because he might need us(which he never did). was so happy to quit.

>>61786755
DJ RASHAD
>>
File: 1440982822293.jpg (71KB, 599x405px) Image search: [Google]
1440982822293.jpg
71KB, 599x405px
>>61786429
>>
>>61786779
thx senpai
>>
>>61786643
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

this kind of sentence needs to be understood by /mu/tants because they gotta know that not many people care so much about music compared to people here. That's why we go on this website.

I realised that a lot of people listen to music on the radio because they wanna fit in the parties, they wanna go clubbing and know the songs and follow people around and just dance. This is also the kind of people that goes to Burning man or any EDM festival and they dont really give a shit who's playing has long as it have a good steady beat.

The radio is another point OP made because yes, Rap has become a main genre on radio and people dont really have a saying about it.
For me, is the poor man's Jazz. Similar structure, one person doing solos, but instead of an instrument its their voice with no melodies over a sample of music someone made with low musical knowledge, and it kind of reflects the audience that listens to it. Most fans are really poor in their lives, lives in ghettos and gangs, and are not educated.
>>
>>61786643
why don't they care :(

so much to offer in this world. music, books, art, cinema.... and people are only happy with what they're offered on a plate and remain oblivious to everything else
>>
>>61786868
CONTINUED

But at the same time, Jazz and Rap mostly came from the same place : Poor neighborhood. The difference is the complexity in instrumentation and the lyrics.

If it wasn't for artists using sample based sounds as their main instruments and instead used real instruments with rappers, Rap would have been one of the most amazing genre of today.

And why we only here it on the radio? Because its black music and its always been played heavily on radios. Rock'n'Roll in the 50-60s, Disco in the 70-80s, and now Rap.
>>
>>61786916
It's just the way it is.

Some people just have to be 'average'.
>>
>>61786916
So many people are litteraly sheeps when it comes to appreciate art.
>>
>If it wasn't for artists using sample based sounds as their main instruments and instead used real instruments with rappers, Rap would have been one of the most amazing genre of today.

So what you're saying is Jazz with shit lyrics would be amazing. Is this pasta?
>>
>>61786473
Literally this. Which artists that arent hiphop or electronic are pushing any envelope and doing something completely new?
>>
File: -3644908.jpg (51KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
-3644908.jpg
51KB, 500x375px
>>61786643
agreed but the people who say "music is my life" still don't really do any exploring and just get their shit from the radio.
>>
>>61786473
Kid Cudi
Grimes
Pentatonix
Steam Powered Giraffe
Skrillex
>>
drake is the most boring safest version of rap music ive ever heard. it tells a lot about where the younger generation sits. bunch of spineless bitches who worship this drake faggot lol. shits weak.
>>
File: fedoraTI.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
fedoraTI.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>61786429
>>61786531
>Degenerate rap

I'm assuming the little sheltered white kid is upset that his friends are quoting Hotline Bling and not discussing his Slipknot albums.
>>
File: youain'tsmart.jpg (59KB, 828x610px) Image search: [Google]
youain'tsmart.jpg
59KB, 828x610px
>>61786429
>Where have we gone wrong as a society that we have hundreds of bands and artists pushing the boundaries of music, yet it is all completely overlooked by rap?

Uuuuh....well yea, if you're in fucking Highschool. Anyone over the 18 knows their tastes and listens to it accordingly.

Sorry your 10th grade math class has nothing but Drake memes and you automatically assume virtually everyone on this planet shares the same taste as everyone in your classroom.

Bottom line, ill yourself.
>>
There's always good music, if your willing to go and find it, that's a given. But good music in the charts seems to move in cycles, I feel as though we're caught in the mid 80's shit pop stage at the moment, only as well as some truly dogshit pop, theres now dogshit rap too. Hopefully the 2020's will see a sort of 90's esque resurgence of good music in the mainstream. Hopefully
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.