[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blackstar/Lazarus videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: BlackstarWoman.jpg (181KB, 1125x552px) Image search: [Google]
BlackstarWoman.jpg
181KB, 1125x552px
Hey guys, rewatching the vids it occurred to me that the woman who receives the skull in Blackstar bears a striking resemblance to the one from Lazarus. I think the woman bestowing the skull represents death and each of the other women represent different ways of dying. Forgive me if this has already come up and I missed it.
Also, any other similarities between the vids or theories in general?
>>
>>61777243
>>61769972
There was a big Reddit thread on this and its meaning. Google "villa of ormen" and you can probably find it.
>>
>>61777243
The skull is Major Tom.
>>
>>61777380
Thank you!
>>
File: bowielazarus.jpg (37KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
bowielazarus.jpg
37KB, 750x499px
Johan Renck (the director of the videos) said the skull and the ceremony was meant to be a celebration of life. The skull is also on the desk in the Lazarus video, the book is the same one too.

Have you seen this? I made a thread but it only got one reply. http://thevillaoformen.tumblr.com/ Could be rubbish but people are speculating it was Bowie's tumblr, it's full of death related images. The wardrobe shot is almost the exact same as the one in the Lazarus video but it was posted before it came out. There's the skull on the desk, the "solitary candle" and what looks like a black star. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his.
>>
>>61777243

the shaking dance in the blackstar video is near identical to the dance in his video for Fashion

https://youtu.be/GA27aQZCQMk?t=2m49s

which gives creedence to the idea that the "solitary candle" is him post-death, and we're all gathered and watching ("in the center of it all, your eyes") collectively rediscovering the guy and his work, which is true
>>
>>61777478
Bowie seems to have been a tumblerino
>>
>>61777478
>http://thevillaoformen.tumblr.com/ Could be rubbish but people are speculating it was Bowie's tumblr

>skulls
>ravens
>marilyn manson
>spooky old stuff
looks like the Tumblr of typical edgy teen
>>
>>61777243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wwTZLw3hqw
May Christ be with you.
>>
>>61777496
>The choreography, notably that of the three dancers featured in an attic sequence, was drawn from other media, including Max Fleischer's Popeye the Sailor cartoons. "[Bowie] sent me this old Popeye clip on YouTube and said, 'Look at these guys.' When a character is not active, when they’re inactive in these cartoons, they’re sort of created by these two or three frames that are loops so it looks like they’re just standing there, wobbling. It’s typical in those days of animation and stop-motion, you would do that to create life in something that was inactive. So we wanted to see if we could do something like this in the form of dance, we had to do that."[12] The female dancer in the attic sequence also performs a signature movement from the "Fashion" music video.
>>
>>61777478
You know people can change their tumblr URLs, right? Probably just some goth teen who listened to Blackstar. All of the things you listed are generic ~dark and spooky~ imagery, nothing specific to Bowie's videos.

If you want an actual creepy coincidence, check this out. Band called "Lazarus Blackstar" releases a video with similar imagery in 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG2J7Ug6ivI
>>
>>61777478
The wardrobe pic is a picture by Michalina Wozniak.

And like another anon mentioned, that just looks like a typical teen's Tumblr. Nothing special.
>>
>>61777585

I know, it's just interesting. And I posted the Lazarus Blackstar video here before too.
>>
>>61777243
I wish the slow middle section of Blackstar was the entire song, without the annoying autotune inbetween. It's a very comfy tune from 4:00.
>>
>>61777663
I think the build up makes it more powerful, it blooms and shines more than it would if it stood alone.
>>
>>61777585
Fascinating... anyone know why the patients are wearing blindfolds with eyeholes cut out?
>>
>>61777867
Wondering the same.
>>
>>61777585

The video is fan made, and he used the blindfold on the Outside album too, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bowie came across this.
>>
>>61777243
No shit. It's the same woman, she is cancer, and she brings death to Bowie, he accepts it, places it on his desk, writes about it, and then dies. These vids are pretty cut and dry.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.