[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is conservative punk a thing, /mu/? I like folk punk especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: KXmD3qa.jpg (28KB, 426x676px) Image search: [Google]
KXmD3qa.jpg
28KB, 426x676px
Is conservative punk a thing, /mu/?

I like folk punk especially but it tends to get political and when it does, it's more left than I am. So is there punk music with a little less 'stop wars' and 'down with fat cats' without going full fascist?
>>
File: Entertainment!.jpg (91KB, 352x350px) Image search: [Google]
Entertainment!.jpg
91KB, 352x350px
Best I could come up with, sorry OP.
>>
>>61538516
Oi.
>>
>>61538516
There will be soon, right wing politics are the new counterculture, we're gonna see some sweet punk lyrics about keeping rapists out of the country
>>
>>61538516
Not punk. I guess rush? Granted its conservatism of the randroid flavour.
>>
is this what you want, OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCu_wd_bulw
>>
>>61538677
Conservatives have been saying that shit since Jimmy Carter got elected don't hold your breath.
>>
>>61538697
I actually find this song really catchy, I find myself humming it in college sometimes, I'm scared I'll sing the lyrics without thinking and get put in prison
>>
>>61538707
Problem is that there will never be conservative punk because conservatives are thinkers, conservatives write books, look at demons by dostoevsky.
Music needs emotions, and conservative politics don't really factor in emotions.
>>
>>61538516
>So is there punk music with a little less 'stop wars'
Are you saying that you're dumb enough to believe waging war is a good thing? Look what happened to Iraq, ffs.
>>
>>61538516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lteV_mRWPU
I'M HIGH so i have no idea if this is close
sorry
>>
>>61538780
It's naive to pretend that problems aren't solved by violence, liberals love to hate war but they'd be fucked if no one had gone to war with Nazi Germany
>>
>>61538677
I don't feel like rightist sentiment is really socially accepted.
>the nation votes Conservative majority government
>the nation's pop culture endlessly shits on Conservatives
>anyone saying they vote Tory is assumed to be a racist prick
>>
>>61538764
Sure whatever flatters your ego. By that logic leftist can do both.
>>
Johnny Ramone was a diehard republican.
Cf. the Dead Kennedy's Holiday in Cambodia

Plebs gonna pleb. Do your research before wasting our time
>>
>>61538828
Oh of course it isn't socially accepted, but people only say they are leftist because they're afraid other people will call them racist or bigoted or whatever, it's the old fear culture.

Not that the Tories are even particularly right wing anyway, Tories basically have the same 'let anyone in we don't give a shit lol' attitude as labour but they pretend they don't.

In conclusion, young people listen to music, young people are all liberal because they either haven't grown out of it, or can't admit they aren't liberal due to peer pressure, so pretty much all music is lefty
>>
Try Agnostic Front or Sheer Terror
>>
>>61538764
So liberals don't think or write books?
>>
>>61538971
Where did I say that?
>>
>>61538908
>a persecution complex this big
>young people are all liberal because
>everybody who disagrees with me actually secretly agrees with me

Holy shit faggot go outside.
>>
>>61538908
Country music seems pretty exclusively right-wing to me. Especially Top 40 country.
>>
>>61538516
Liberal
>listen to music
>this is pretty good!
>finds out artist is right wing
>eww I can't listen to this!!!!

Conservative
>listen to music
>This is pretty good!
>finds out artist is liberal
>lol, and?
>>
>>61539030
>that bias
Kelly Clarkson supporting gays and the Dixie chicks come to mind.
>>
>>61539009
>everybody who disagrees with me actually secretly agrees with me
I wasn't trying to imply this, I actually fucking hate that retarded line of argument, all I was saying is that right wing kids WILL get ostracised for saying they are right wing. I pretend to be left wing or just say nothing in public so that I don't cause any drama when people talk politics
>>
>>61538516
Michael Graves of the misfits fame.....or I suppose infamy.
>>
>>61539090
Faggot please you literally said they are all left wing because they are not as le enlightened as you or are lying to themselves. Sounds to me like you're just a silently smug 'wake up sheep le' faggot looking to be exalted for your opinion.
>>
>>61539090
Depends on where you are. Here in Minnesota, no one really gives a shit what party you lean towards, as long as you aren't obnoxious about it.
>>
>>61539163
>>61539174
You missed out on the context, me and the anon were talking about England, it's a much different political climate here, where if you say you are a tory or right wing you will immediately be labelled a racist if there is a lefty in earshot, but you sort of hijacked the conversation and really missed out on the nuance there
>>
>>61538614
thats left wing senpai
>>
>>61539220
Why is it so different in England?
>>
>>61539174
Dude. I'm in Minnesota too. Where are you?
>>
>>61538516
Johnny Ramone was pretty conservative.
>>
>>61539310
Apperantly having a majority con government in power makes cons the most persecuted people there. Who would have thunk?
>>
>>61539329
Alexandria, but I visit Minneapolis pretty often. You?
>>
>>61538809
Granting that war may be necessary doesn't mean one can't believe that war should be abolished, senpai.
>>
>>61539380
Moorhead. I don't visit the cities as much as I'd like
>>
>>61538614
This album is pretty far left though
>>
>>61538764
Conservatives have emotions, but they don't factor as strongly into their politics as radicals and reactionaries.

There is conservative music, but it is not outright expressive in its politics, it is more sophisticated than protest music.
>>
>>61539310
We have a lot of leftists that thought they had it in the bag in the generals, when tories won there was some insane butthurt, and due to the migrant crisis they have been going pretty much insane with the whole racists thing.

>>61539367
I was talking about young people, you'd see if you actually read the thread of the conversation before writing a butthurt reply but never mind. Being a young english person, I can safely say that pretty much everyone that isn't a chav in my age group is a braindead leftist that just agrees with whatever corbyn has said most recently.
>>
>>61539310
Shy Tory Factor. People think of the common man as the righteous man and the lower class man. Turns out the common man is middle class and pays his taxes and doesn't like all these Pakistanis taking up seats in the NHS waiting rooms. This man is seen as the bad guy, so people don't want to think they are that man and don't admit they vote the way he does.
>>
>>61539406
They're overrated; I only go there to see my dad. I think it's nicer to live in an area where you can drive 20 minutes and be somewhere without any light pollution.
>>
>>61539011
>Country music seems pretty exclusively right-wing to me.
Steve Earle disagrees.
>>
>>61538780
>not wanting to hear conspiracy ridden crust punks whine about wars makes you a warhawk
>>
>>61539462
Pretty much yes, I notice lefties do a lot of shaming of people that want to vote for personal responsibility over groupthink politics.
>>
>>61539163
It's a shame that someone pays for you to access the internet
>>
>>61539505
So is that before or after chavs call people race traitors?
>>
>>61539505
>election time
>vote Tory
>friend mentions voting Labour
>please don't ask me how I voted
>"how did you vote anon?"
>"s-secret ballot dude, welcome to democracy"
>>
>>61539556
I love the leftist disdain for chavs and the lower class, I think they forget that they are supposed to be the ones sticking up for these people.
>>
>>61539592
>Hey did you vote labour anon? I sure hope you voted labour like a good boy!
>w-well actually, I sort of didn't actually kind of vote for labour
>WHAT YOU FUCKING RACIST MISOGYNIST SHOTLORD NAZI BABY RAPER KILL YOURSELLLGLGLF IM CALLING THE POLICE
>>
Punk is necessarily an 'extreme' form of music. Look at how the main exponents were at first the white males the Ramones and Sex Pistols (And their forebears the VU, Monks, and Stooges). These bands were concerned with nothing but the music. The political message was nonexistent. Their reaction to the evils of society was nihilism and recreational drug use. Then along came the Clash with left-wing ideology. Somehow, despite an appropriation of black musical forms like reggae and dub that would be derided today, the Clash became the single most important punk band from the 70s - at least in the 80s. Yet the Clash were also white men. How could punk go further - continue to push against an imagined right-wing hegemony that the Clash railed against? By actually being nonwhites, gays, and women. Bands like Bikini Kill and Sleater-Kinney (who are actually good) as well as queercore gave rise to the scene of today, where people fall over themselves to praise "important punk" like Against Me! and Perfect Pussy despite these bands having the exact same ideas as the bands from the 90s. Perfect pussy aren't even good. Nihilists like the originators of punk are now given the lowbrow 'pop punk' epithet.
>>
>>61539632
>be you
>walk past rows of house displaying Lib Dem and Labour signs in the windows
>one Lib Dem window seems to have had an egg thrown at it
>check your watch
>it's time
>enter the park
>kids are screaming on the climbing frame
>a dog seems to be eating its own shit
>go and sit on the nearby bench
>a man is sat at your back on the other side of the bench
>he is reading the metro
>you don't know where he got that from
>"is it done?" he says
>tell him that the votes were made and polling stations empty by the time the proles rose from their beds
>"good, the constituency is safe once more" he says
>he folds his metro and sets it down beside him
>you can see the paper in your peripheral vision
>"god save the queen" he says and stands
>"god save the queen" you return
>the man leaves
>reach over and take the paper
>read the front page headline
>"Lib Dems Pretty Sure They've Got It In The Bag This Time"
>>
>>61539030
lmao, as if
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.