[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: kurtndave.jpg (7KB, 238x159px) Image search: [Google]
kurtndave.jpg
7KB, 238x159px
1. What's your favorite Nirvana song? Why?

2. What's your favorite Foo Fighters song? Why?
>>
>>61521777
Nirvana - Lithium - the abstract lyrics
Foo Fighters - The Pretender - the political angst
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 600x340px
Both suck and aren't worth listening to
>>
>Favorite nirvana song
Smells like team spirit
it's really good

>Favorite foo fighter song
The best of you
it's a really good song
>>
>>61521833
>implying the memevins are good
>>
>>61521837
actually good taste. glad to see someone isnt too scared to admit smells like teen spirit is their favorite song. good for you anon, i respect you.
>>
>Lithium
it's good
>Everlong
nostalgia
>>
>Nirvana
Aneurysm or Scentless Apprentice

>Foo Fighters
lol
>>
File: 1428204186360.jpg (72KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428204186360.jpg
72KB, 508x800px
1. My favorite Nirvana song is probably Come As You Are. I think the main riff is pretty enjoyably, I think that approximate pitch for the whole song was what Kurt where Kurt excelled at singing tone and style.

The second refrain is one of my favorite pieces of rock music part of the reason being that I'm a weird dude and he's trying to convince other people that he's not a threat and don't mean any harm, he's misunderstood and I always will be as well. I know it's gay fuck you.

2. My favorite is The Pretender. It's a Fuck the Man modern rock song giving the middle finger to G. W. I think the chorus could be better but the verses and bridge in that song are perfect. Quintessential hard rock and raw rock vocals with what I consider the perfect amount of grit and volume for a rock verse and chorus. I've long considered that bride one of my favorite rock build-ups in a song.
>>
File: euphorium.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
euphorium.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>61522022
Fuck I'm high.

I think the main riff is pretty enjoyable*

I think the approximate pitch for that whole song was where Kurt excelled*
>>
1.) either heart shaped box or francis farmer. honestly, anything on in utero will do. dive is cool too.

2.) i've never been a fan, although everlong is a cool song.
>>
>>61521777
1. Nirvana's cover of Dimension 7 by the Wipers

2. "Oh, George" off of their debut album
>>
>>61521777
Nirvana- Downer- its a good song. Foo fighters- all my life- don't really like foo fighters that much, this song is pretty good.
>>
>fav Nirvana
Pennyroyal Tea, Serve The Servants or All Apologies. I love Tea's downer yet abstract lyrics. It's also simple as fuck yet extremely memorable. All Apologies is just a amazing display of melody and the lyrics are also pretty good. The final chants are one of the best moments of In Utero. Serve the Servants has one of my fav Nirvana solos and dantastic lyrics. As you can see I favor In Utero the most.

>fav FF
Everlong. Love it's lyrics and it's probably the best song they made. My Hero is also pretty damn good. Long Road to Ruin is underrated.
>>
>>61522173
Pennyroyal REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
1. Serve the Servants because it talks about parents getting a divorce and coming to terms with not hating your parents but having no desire to talk to them.

2. Monkey Wrench because it has good lyrics and it sounds good.
>>
>>61521901
just look at his meme hair and meme guitar
>>
>>61521777
None its teen tier tryhard trash
>>
>>61521901
Better than Nirvana
>>
>>61522022
i like you
>>
>>61522428
I hope you get molested tonight
>>
>>61522428
go fuck yourself
>>
>In Bloom
The irony of it.
>Pretenders
Don't listen to Foo Fighters but that song played on the radio when I was middle school.

>2007 was 9 years ago
>>
>>61522521
>2007 was 9 years ago

Please don't say those things
>>
I like the one where they go YYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>61522444
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>Nirvana
It's either Dumb or Serve the Servants. The former is one of Kurt's prettier melodies and I still get feels from the lyrics after all these years. StS is an asskicker and probably Kurt's best solo.
>Foo Fighters
Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, but Stacked Actors is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>61521777
>Nirvana
In Bloom. Kurt really shows off how well he can sing in this track.

>Foo Fighters
Rope. I like the guitar and how the drumming changes during the hook.
>>
>>61521922
You're an idiot.
>>
>Nirvana
Hairspray Queen from Incesticide
Really raw and the bass is driving. Also, I like how Kurt goes nuts with his vocals
Maybe Aneurysm though. That's more of a real song.

>FF
Everlong is probably the best song, but I'd say my favorite is Floaty. Classic Dave; the song writing is not remarkable, but the drums carry it.
>>
>>61523202
youre a faggot
>>
>>61523202
If you can't enjoy a song just because it is popular, then you clearly have a problem.
Obviously it's overrated and everything, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. And you're just too interested in your ego.
>>
>Nirvana
Pennyroyal Tea gets stuck in my head the most.
>Foo Fighters
Everlong, because it's their most alternative rock sounding song I know of.
>>
>>61521901
>implying they arent
BWAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHGHHHHGHGHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1393744928456.png (112KB, 335x295px) Image search: [Google]
1393744928456.png
112KB, 335x295px
>Nirvana - Polly, Breed or Love Buzz
>Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
>>
>>61521777
>Nirvana
Actually kind of hard to pick just one but I'm saying Aneurysm. I think it's basically the most "fun" Nirvana ever sounded, if that makes sense.
>Foo Fighters
I dunno, but I'll Stick Around riffs hard.
>>
>>61521777
>Nirvana
Lounge act
>why
TILL ITS FUCKIN GONE
>Foo fighters
THE BEST
>why
THE BEST
>>
>Nirvana
their cover of Plateau by Meat Puppets
>Foo Fighters
man who fucking cares, shit band
>>
Nirvana either heart shaped box or drain you, love the lyrics and his voice on those .

Foo fighters i guess everlong not crazy about them .
>>
>>61521777
1. Serve the Servants or All Apologies
I don't really know desu
All Apologies sounds like one of those classic songs that could have been written by anyone at any time
Serve the servants probably because it's more than the typical Nirvana powerchords and feedback, he finally threw some extended harmony in a song, it really gave it some colour that a lot of his other songs lack
2. Ain't it the life or Aurora
FF showing some rare restraint, colour and dynamics
They're lovely songs and not just "muh 70's rawk n roll" worship.
>>
>>61521777

>Nirvana
Milk It

>Foo Fighters
Exhausted

Haven't listened to much Foo fighters, I don't like them very much. Their first couple albums are ok
>>
>Nirvana
Floyd The Barber

>Foo Fighters
The Color And The Shape (song, not the whole album)
>>
>>61521777

i like nickelback better than either of them

also >>61521833 this band is much cooler
>>
>Nirvana
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
I love all of In Utero but I love how it sounds like Grohls about to break his drum kit he's hitting it so hard during the chorus.

>Foo Fighters
I'll Stick Around
Not a big fan of them but this one basically sounds like a Nirvana song.
>>
>Nirvana
Milk It

>Foo Fighters
Everlong
>>
>>61521777
>Territorial Pissings - it's fast and badass
>Ain't it the Life - it's chill and has a great vibe
>>
>>61522147

mah nigga. oh george is the fucking best

Even Dave Grohl hates that song
>>
>Nirvana
School

>FF
THE BEST
>>
>nirvana
lake of fire

I havent heard enough foo fighters so idk, maybe everlong
>>
>>61525412
kelvins suck lyrically speaking
>>
>>61525319
>colour
>>
>Nirvana
Territorial pissings
>why?
Cheers me up
>Foo Fighters
Wattershed
>Why?
First song i liked by them
>>
>Nirvana
Come as You Are. Simple, but epitomizes Nirvana and the sound of grunge as a whole for me.

>Foo Fighters
Everlong. Again, a classic song of its era. Maybe not the technically best song of theirs, or even the most entertaining, but it's the song that defines Grohl's post-Nirvana career the best.

>Bonus Round: Dave Grohl-featured song not from Nirvana or the Foos
A Song for the Dead by Queens of the Stone Age. His drumming is immense, whether the track is the best from SftD or not.
>>
File: 250px-309Electrike.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-309Electrike.png
50KB, 250x250px
>Nirvana - Lithium (Live) or Heart Shaped Box
>Foo Fighters - The Best of You or Congregation
>>
>>61524424
No, you're an idiot because they were joking. They put their reason as "it's a good song"
>>
>>61521777
radio friendly unit shifter
goat use of feedback (by kurt, at least)
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.