[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm back you faggots http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/arch ives/793

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

File: 92d74c16[1].jpg (58KB, 525x250px) Image search: [Google]
92d74c16[1].jpg
58KB, 525x250px
i'm back you faggots
http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/793
>>
>new album already halfway done

Well that's cool I guess.
>>
Who ??
>>
NEW ALBUM
>>
OH MY GOD I COULDN'T BE MORE HYPE FUCK
>>
i get what he's saying, but surely he could have had the foresight to know those 5 options before they "retired." that's what makes the farewell seem like a cash grab. i am looking forward to new music however.
>>
I've had an erection all day. I'm travelling from England to Coachella. 2016 confirmed best year for music.
>>
>>61512859

Yeah, you're right but personally I couldn't care less if that means that there will be a new lcd record. Anyway, HYPE HYPE HYPE PLEASE DON'T BE SHIT
>>
>>61512905
oh yeah, i am very very excited for the album, but i certainly empathize with the people who feel kinda betrayed by it.

that said, this album has to be G O O D in order to justify their return, and i think james knows this which gives me hope.
>>
This note was actually very sweet and I understand the whole thing a lot better.
>>
THIS IS HAPPENING
>>
who cares desu. if you wanna make a new record just do it. hyped tho.
>>
File: LCdson.jpg (41KB, 497x454px) Image search: [Google]
LCdson.jpg
41KB, 497x454px
>>61512703
>crap of pants
>>
too long, didn't read?

english is not my first language and read that massive wall of text with literally unreadable layout is very difficult for me
>>
wait, people are complaining about this band reforming? what?

(i like them casually but i'm not super into them to the point i follow them, someone please explain)

also i like him automatically just for this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYCz06bS380

y'all gonna have to explain why you're being so mean to this guy
>>
I don't hate him for the farewell. It only happened because the fans allowed it to.

Let's face it, LCD fans are an enthusiastic bunch. Not every band could get away with a farewell tour and a film.

Not only that, but a goodbye doesn't have to be permanent.
>>
>>61513163
i don't even listen to them but from what i'm able to gather they had a massive farewell tour and made a live album and a documentary and everything about it
i dunno maybe if i was a fan of the band it'd be different but as far as i'm concerned coming back like half a decade after all of that seems like a dick move of the highest order
>>
nnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooo

They had such a god-tier run and ended it perfectly, before things got stale or shitty or boring, but now James Murphy is broke and there's zero interest in his other projects so the boys are back in town. Ruining it man
>>
good on him making money off rich hipsters who have shit taste in music.
Loved the documentary was funny, guy is the average loser who got lucky. he shouldn't have quit in the first place. he has zero talent whatsoever, besides making music for ppl who can't dance. hope the new album is decent.
>>
>>61513198
idk, complaining about a band you like making more music just seems dumb. simple as

i mean if they were hiking up the ticket prices because 'le farewell tour' then fair enough that's pretty douchey

but what exactly is the unspoken waiting period then for a band to do that and get back together? 5 years is a long time yo
>>
>>61513163
Long story short LCD are the ACDC of Indie Rock, if only second to Animal Collective. Their second album as extremely popular, even breaking into the mainstream. Their third record was a self proclaimed "victory lap." It also marked the end of the group and as someone else said there was an HBO special made about it.

Fast forward a short time later they're having a "reunion" tour and releasing a new record.

Think what Jay-Z did with the Black Album but with an Indie Rock band.
>>
>>61513139
I have formatted it in a more readable fashion. Bare with me. It will be in a few parts.

------------

Let’s just start this thing finally with some clarity.
I write songs all the time. Sometimes they’re just weird songs I sing while changing a baby, or songs about annoying things that I sing to myself, or to friends while sitting at a bar, or about Christmas, or New York. Sometimes these songs live in my head for years and have verses upon verses added to them, almost infinitely. Sometimes they’re just ghosts of ideas, and sometimes they’re fully-formed things which float in front of me, seeming like they’d be easy to make flesh, only to fight furiously as soon as I try to pin them down in any way. Some of them I make with friends in a room with instrument things. Only a tiny fraction of these ever become Songs; get recorded, feel like something that should be shared. Those ones, I write the title or some lyrics of down on a page in a little book I carry around. Or I sing a bit of them into a tape recorder (or now a phone, I guess). I’ve been doing this since I was a kid.
Early in 2015, I realized I had more of those than I’d ever had in my life. More of them than when I went in to make any LCD record, or when I recorded tapes upon tapes of terrible things in high school. Just loads of them, and I found myself a little perplexed. If I record them, what do I do with them? Maybe I shouldn’t record them at all? I considered that, which was in a way the easiest option, but it also seemed like a weird and arbitrary (and sort of cowardly) cop-out. But to record them—well then, suddenly I have, what—a record?
>>
>>61513266

So I asked pat and Nancy to come over to my apartment for coffee and told them: “I’m going to record some music. Should I make up a band name, or make a “James Murphy” record, or should it be LCD?” we all thought a good amount about it. We have had lives for the past 5 years, which has been nice, and those guys have made amazing music with Museum Of Love, the Juan MacLean, and all sorts of other things. I’d managed to do a bunch of fun, dumb stuff which mostly annoyed people who were into the band because, well, subway turnstiles and a coffee aren’t LCD, basically.

At any rate, they both said “let’s make an LCD record”. You see, if they didn’t want to, which I’d half assumed, then there’s no such thing as LCD. Imagine this: me making a record, calling it LCD, and then you go to the show and there’s just some guy playing drums over there, or some other person playing keyboards. Horrifying. Then imagine this: I make a “James Murphy” record, or, I don’t know, an “everteen” record, or whatever made-up name I come up with, and there’s pat playing drums, and Nancy. Maybe al isn’t too busy with hot chip so he comes to play. What the fuck is that? Here were our choices:
1. make music with your friends and call it something else, which seems hilarious (everteen) or egomaniacal to the point of sociopathic (James Murphy solo record).

2. Make music, but WILLFULLY EXCLUDE your friends because of the horrors in option 1.

3. Make an LCD record with your friends, who want to make said record, and deal with whatever fall-out together.

4. Don’t make music, to avoid the horrors of all of the above.

5. Make music and, like, hide it somewhere.
>>
>>61513163
They had a massively promoted farewell show at MSG. LCDS fans are hardcore about the band. So people payed a lot of money for tickets (even more if it was from scalpers), traveled a long way, etc. for the show thinking they'd never have another chance. Then they made a documentary about the farewell show and a live album and just kinda made it seem like it was a big deal. Now they're back in less than 5 years.

I don't think anyone is "mad." Like he said in the note, it's more people who are HUGE fans are love that they're back, but just feel that the spectacle was cheapened. I wasn't there, but I get it.

All that said I am very excited about this.
>>
>>61513281
We decided, clearly, on option 3, and I was fully prepared for a certain amount of “oh fuck that guy” over-it stuff—in fact welcomed it. It’s strangely energizing to have people who don’t make music themselves take pot-shots at you from the internet. and there’s always been a current of O.F.T.G. with me (I’m saying me and not us because, let’s be honest… no one hates anyone else in LCD, partially because they’re unhateable, and also because they have the wisdom to not shoot their mouths off nearly as much), and that’s just fine. I’m pretty used to it, and find it relatively funny.
But in my naiveté I hadn’t seen one thing coming:
there are people who don’t hate us at all, in fact who feel very attached to the band, and have put a lot of themselves into their care of us, who feel betrayed by us coming back and playing. Who had travelled for or tried to go to the MSG show, and who found it to be an important moment for them, which now to them feels cheapened. I just hadn’t considered that. I know—ridiculous on my part

I saw some comments online a few days ago from people who felt that way, and it blindsided me, and made me incredibly sad. I saw some other people replying with stuff like “if that’s what you cared about, and you don’t want them to play anymore, maybe you liked the band for pretty weird reasons”, and it made me think. The truth is, while I get what the replier is saying, I kind of side with the original complaint: if you cared a lot about our band, and you put a lot of yourself into that moment (or anything about us you chose), and you feel betrayed now, then I completely understand that. It’s your right to define what you love about a band, and it’s your right to decry their actions and words as you see fit, because it’s you, frankly, who have done much of the work to sustain that relationship, not the band. I was so clearly expecting the cynical cries of foul, that I hadn’t seen the heartfelt complaint coming.
>>
>>61513266
thanks familia

god bless u
>>
>>61513311
We’ve always talked about how we’d never betray anyone who cares about us, but here we are now. Given the chance again to make new music with the people I care about, and who have given a big part of their lives to doing this weird thing together, and who wanted to do it again, I took it. And in doing so, I betrayed whoever feels betrayed by that action. I by no means think that everyone who liked our band feels bad right now. A lot of people who liked our band are very happy, and we’ve been pretty blown away by the almost overwhelmingly positive response.

Last night I sat with Al and Nancy in a weird Italian bar and we talked about how fucking awesome it was that so many people were happy to have us back. But that doesn’t take away from those who feel hurt. To you I have to say: I’m seriously sorry. The only thing we can do now is get back into the studio and finish this record, and make it as fucking good as we can possibly make it. It needs to be better than anything we’ve done before, in my mind, because it won’t have the help of being the first time. And we have to play better than we’ve ever played, frankly. Every show has to be better than the best show we’ve played before for anyone to even say “well, that was good. I mean, not as good as they used to be. But, you know. It was good.” we know all that. Which is healthy for us, because it means we go back to war, like in the beginning. For us it was always war, but now it’s really with ourselves. Maybe we have a chance to make it right.
>>
>>61513327
Final part.

In other, more pedantic news: we’re not just playing Coachella. We’re playing all over. We’re not just having some reunion tour. We’re releasing a record (sometime this year—still working on it, actually), so this isn’t a victory lap or anything, which wouldn’t be of much interest to us. this is just the bus full of substitute teachers back from their coffee break with new music and the same weird gear—or as much of it as we still have (it’s very interesting to re-buy the same gear, and in some cases buy gear BACK from people you sold it to), and rambling around trying to be louder than everyone else. Thank fuck we were never skinny and young. Or at least I wasn’t.

That always happens with bands… they aren’t fat when they come back, typically, just, I don’t know, thicker. I was lucky to start this band kind of fat and old, so there’s no, like “look how YOUNG they were!” shit to even find on the internet. I mean, we were younger and everything, but we weren’t young, if you know what I mean.
One last note: thank you to everyone who has been absurdly kind to us over the past 14 (!) years. If you have moved on and don’t like us anymore, that’s obviously ok, too. But please, if we ever gave you any joy, just find something new and good that blows you away, and post it on our Facebook page or something with, like, “hey fuck you guys! This is the REAL shit!” so we can hear new good stuff. That would be the best for all of us.
>>
New record this year???

Fuck everyone I'm hype senpai
>>
daily reminder that death grips inspired this
>>
>>61513163
This interview hit way too close to home. It really does highlight how important it is that you realise that circumstance is not the best method of getting things done.
>>
>>61512703
how can a 50 year old man feal comfortable making msuic for 13 year old urban outfitters shoppers?
>>
>>61513317
You're welcome. It's definitely worth reading.
>>
>>61513139
LCD are putting out a new record and touring
>>
>>61513392
how can a 16 year old boy feel comfortable shitposting?
>>
>>61513281
white people problems
>>
>>61513416
LCD is white people music, yeah. got a problem with that?
>>
I don't envy the amount of pressure he is under to make a good album.

Surely it cannot be as good as we hope. He has a perfect track record so there's no reason why not, but this time he has years of hype. If he just dropped an album without anybody knowing I think it would be much better received.
>>
>>61513281
welp thanks for letting me know, that he just wants our money again. if he seriously cared about making music for the fans, they could have released some tracks on soundcloud or youtube. even while on hiatus
>>
>>61513474
He's fucking loaded I don't think he cares about making more money. In the documentary he said that the worst thing he did with LCD was actually breaking up.
>>
>>61513455

Yeah. This must be tough. Pound for pound one of my favourite discographies.Mind you. sounds like he has lots of ideas.
>>
>>61512703
>we made it to see a new LCD Soundsystem album

its a good feel t b h
>>
>>61513549
welp guess it's fame then. but still I'd really wish he would go the aphex twin route and just release shit for free on sc for us fans. even if it's demos or outtakes instead of the obvious attention seeking shit hes doing now.
don't see why he has to be so dramatic over an album that will most likely be bad.
>>
>>61513219
He has a net worth of $185 million, whether or not that's entirely accurate, I don't think you can say he's broke.
>>
>>61513606
Why do you feel like you deserve free shit?
>>
Ok all the betrayal aside I can't brush the feeling this is going to be like Hesitation Marks. At least we had Trent's soundtrack work and HTDA to know more or less were he was going, Murphy only produced some records which I think frankly it's not a real big indicator of anything. Or it could be he wants to make LCD go full nu-disco like Reflektor?
>>
File: stirner.jpg (11KB, 170x198px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
11KB, 170x198px
>>61513665
because everything is my property
>>
>>61513790
>full nu-disco like Reflektor

I hope so.
>>
Damn this is gonna release before the new limp bizkit ugh fuck lcd soundsystem I want stampede of the disco elephants
>>
>>61513790
>Or it could be he wants to make LCD go full nu-disco like Reflektor?
That would be incredible. If this was the Speaking in Tongues to This is Happening's Remain in Light (minus the awful production because it's James Murphy), I think I'd be okay with that.
>>
>The only thing we can do now is get back into the studio and finish this record, and make it as fucking good as we can possibly make it. It needs to be better than anything we’ve done before

I have faith in you, James!
>>
>>61513659
That net worth is maybe the most inaccurate thing I've ever read
>>
>>61513659
What else do you have stored in your ass? I mean, besides that bullshit number.
>>
>>61514184
>>61514248
http://en.mediamass.net/people/james-murphy/highest-paid.html
>>
>>61514339
Media Mass? Surely a respectable source.
>>
guys help, one of my favorite bands in the world is gettin back together and I'm upset. I think it has to do with the million dollar contract
>>
>>61514339
Yeah I don't believe that for a second. The source is "People with Money" lmfao.
>>
who thinks this new album is going to be a disappointment?
>>
>>61514638
>The only thing we can do now is get back into the studio and finish this record, and make it as fucking good as we can possibly make it. It needs to be better than anything we’ve done before, in my mind, because it won’t have the help of being the first time. And we have to play better than we’ve ever played, frankly. Every show has to be better than the best show we’ve played before for anyone to even say “well, that was good. I mean, not as good as they used to be. But, you know. It was good.” we know all that. Which is healthy for us, because it means we go back to war, like in the beginning.

It won't be
>>
>>61513262
Why do I feel LCD are the kind of the band that can do no wrong in the music press? James Murphy can take a piss on a drum machine and be heralded as the most greatest indie ting ever. The whole documentary on the last show seems so pretentious. "victory lap" sounds very appropriate. I enjoy LCD Soundsystem, I do, but I guess I cringe at times at the reverence they receive. It seems manufactured.
>>
>>61513392
bc it sounds good
>>
>>61513455
He HAS to know this though. I don't think he would be moving forward with a new album if he knew it wasn't as good. He knows the expectations are huge.
>>
I knew someone who lied about going to MSG, and when we would ask him for show details he would just go "it was cool".
>>
>>61515575
Why can't /mu/ accept that people actully like stuff? There is a world outside of this board where people actually enjoy music, guys.
>>
>>61513281
>Imagine this: me making a record, calling it LCD
isn't this how the first record was made?
>>
>>61515575
Right place at the right time. James is very agreeable guy that wears his love for his city on his sleeve, LCD Soundsystem was a VERY important staple of the New York City indie/hipster scene or whatever you want to call it in the 2000s, coincidently where all these music writers spent their glory days. The music combined all the elements of rock and electronic and sincerity and cynicism and humor and seriousness that was floating around at the time. I think to a lot of these people, this band specifically represents that time and place, not that they were the best but that they "embodied" the feeling of the period well in almost a symbolic way. Until this current generation of writers moves on and a new generation takes their place, LCDS will probably always be revered as something larger than they are. Not that I dislike them, I think they're great, but I never got the godlike status people put on them.
>>
>>61516140
Yeah, but the band wasn't fully formed by then, now there are other official members and even though he writes all the music, they're still part of the band.
>>
>>61516223
this
>>
>>61513790
>go full nu-disco like Reflektor
oh god yes please
>>
fuck all y'all. can't wait to get the chance to see them again desu.
>>
james murphy is a fat cunt
>>
if they don't tour the UK then they can go fuck themselves, americentric scum

found out about them a week after they broke up and I've been going through pains of knowing I'll never see my favourite band live, so they better tour the UK and not just festival hop, but actually do like a date in london, manchester and birmingham would be sound
>>
>>61512859
He literally said he wasn't against coming back in 5 years time and boom, here you have it.
>>
Jesus what a greedy asshole. I feel bad for the people that paid for their "final show". Sadly enough these same people are excited about this.
>>
>>61516867
>americentric scum
I think you mean North American scum
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 349x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 349x389px
>>61517554
>>
>>61517330
then they shouldn't have made the "retirement" a giant spectacle with a huge farewell show, documentary, and live album
>>
Wait, don't tell me, I'll guess.

The songs will have six minutes of run time, a looping beat that escalates slowly, and then after a minute and a half of instrumentals James starts singing.

THIS WILL BE GROUNDBREAKING
>>
people like reflektor now?

i always thought that was the only salvageable thing that worthless band did. and i doubt it has much to do with them
>>
>>61513311
totally reasonable. I'm excited and will hopefully go see them live
>>
>>61518688
Ya I don't know when that started happening, I barely saw anyone talk about it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9Y-dl40sQ
>>
>>61513163
GOAT interview
>>
>>61516687
a fat cunt who makes good music
>>
>>61516867
They're obviously going to tour the UK, I'm worried about if they even come to Australia!
>>
D-do you think they will come to chicago
>>
>>61517432
>I feel bad for the people that paid for their "final show"
Why? It was a hell of a show that will likely never be replicated. I would have loved to have been there.
>>
The triumphant return of James '9.5 Best New Music' Murphy

i am hype hype desu
>>
>>61513163
i don't know if it's the cold or if i'm still coming down from new years but this hit hard
>>
>>61513606
or he just enjoys doing it...?
>>
File: weird.jpg (2MB, 1631x1999px) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
2MB, 1631x1999px
>>61512703
>weird
>>
File: 1450754811513.png (22KB, 239x197px) Image search: [Google]
1450754811513.png
22KB, 239x197px
>>61512703
>lol j/k guys
>>
>>61516867
>UK
>London Manchester Birmingham
I should have voted yes t b h.
>>
>>61519009
>>61518688
The people who got hyped disliked it, the people who didn't care about arcade fire think its pretty cool. One group is louder than the other.
>>
>>61513139
James Murphy had many new songs stuck in his head and wated to make them, met with bandmates and they decided to bring back LCD, full tour, new album this year, apologies to people who went to final show and feel bad about reunion
>>
>>61514355
More reputable than a faggot on 4chan
>>
>>61513219
Don't be so negative man, what makes you think the album will be bad?
>>
>>61513392
He likes the music he makes, das it, he's not an autistic fuck like you who would get caught up over something silly like that
>>
>>61521809
ask /pol/.

/pol/ is always right
>>
>>61517641
oh no my capitalist experience is being cheapened
>>
>>61512905
>LCD Soundsystem
>Making a crap album

pick one
>>
File: Average LCD Soundsystem Fan.png (71KB, 1233x179px) Image search: [Google]
Average LCD Soundsystem Fan.png
71KB, 1233x179px
>>
File: niggawut.png (162KB, 421x355px) Image search: [Google]
niggawut.png
162KB, 421x355px
>>61523017
>>
File: IMG_3489 (1).jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3489 (1).jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>>61523017
>>
>>61512703
SO HYPE!
>>
this is really scary to me because i love LCD Soundsystem and i think that if they make a bad album it will kinda ruin their perfect, short run they had.
>>
File: 1430422602078.jpg (28KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1430422602078.jpg
28KB, 620x372px
>>61513163
Fuck man...
>>
very good band actually
>>
>>61524957
4u
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.