[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically adore midwest emo. Am I pleb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (149KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
149KB, 500x300px
I unironically adore midwest emo.

Am I pleb?
>>
Yeah.
>>
depends on how you answer this question: why is it that you adore it?
>>
>>59620603
Yes.
>>
>>59620624
It depends on the album, of course.

But in a broader sense I enjoy how many of them channel the punk energy and riffs into something more intimate and earnest. Even the ones that are more downtempo I feel are expressing themselves in ways most rock music can't. Rock's a more conservative genre (artistically speaking) than most want to imply. In contrast the expressiveness of emo's riffs and the melodramatic feel much more spiritual to me.

It feels like "jazz-rock", in a way. Where most other genres of rock are mired in rigid riffs and tacky melodies, emo plays a bit more fast and loose with the concept. They prioritise wearing their heart on their sleeve than preserving some arbitrary standard of showmanship.
>>
>>59620685
hm. emo always struck me as a rather conservative, or rather derivative genre (just like any established and amply populated one), and actually hardly more, you know "emotional" than the bulk of rock. its just used to express different kinds of emotions, mostly angst and vulnerability i guess
>>
>>59620772
Derivative within itself, absolutely. The number of garbage bands chasing American Football and Rites of Spring's coattails is staggering. But that kind of shit is what distinguishes a "genre" from just a fringe artist, I suppose.

Still, the innovators are quite good.
>>
>>59620828
do you perhaps know any lesser known yet distinct bands?
>>
>>59620868
Sirs is outstanding. They only put out one record before they broke up, though.

State Faults is underrated. "Desolate Peaks" is a highlight.

The Regrets are a lesser known emo supergroup from the late 90s that put out a dark horse choice for the genre's "magnum opus".

My personal favourite emo record is from a group called The Jazz June who are often overlooked in favour of the staple. The album is "The Medicine".

Dating did some interesting stuff on "Please Be Quiet" fusing it with shoegaze.
>>
>>59620890
cheers!
>>
>>59620603
Yes and here's why:
You are not me.

I am the supreme Consul of Rome and first of the patricians.
My word is law in matters of taste.
And I hereby declare, as the supreme arbiter of taste that you are a dirty plebeian.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.