[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to be mentally 12 years old to enjoy metal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: heavy-metal.jpg (191KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
heavy-metal.jpg
191KB, 1280x1024px
Do you have to be mentally 12 years old to enjoy metal?
>>
Do you have to be mentally 16 years old to waste your time shitposting on /mu/ about genres you don't like?
>>
>>59605520
you have to be mentally 12 years old to not recognize the merits of an expansive genre. not all metal is riffy bullshit about dungeons and dragons
>>
MY MUSIC IS FOR ADULTS NO KIDS ALLOWED
>>
File: Electric+Wizard+-+Dopethrone.jpg (64KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
Electric+Wizard+-+Dopethrone.jpg
64KB, 572x572px
No.
Do you have to be mentally 12 years to be so edgy and think all metal is bad, there are a lot of good albums. Not all metal is just blank riffs and fast pentatonic solos.
>>
Do you have to be 12 years old to appreciate indie rock and hip hop? No, but you would think otherwise by reading this board.
>>
>>59605520
DUDE LOUD GUITAR LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x2016px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x2016px
>Not all metal is [insert cool characteristics here]
I know what you're trying to do but dungeons and riffs and fast solos, etc. are all great.
Not liking metal is fun for people who pretend they're too mature to enjoy exciting things for what they are.
>>
the trick to aging gracefully is to not replace yourself and to find time to indulge your previous yous
>>
>>59605520
Yeah pretty much. Early metal like 70's Sabbath and shit like that are good because it was new and original and had a dynamic sound. Today's metal is cringe/edgelord tier metal that you have to be a fat greasy neckbeard to enjoy. I mean if you go to a metal concert literally everyone looks and behaves the same way, like a 12 year old. It's hilarious.
>>
>>59605988
smh you're missing out on some amazing shit. There was a thread recently on how "le rong genertion mmers xD" were right, and nobody from /metal/ or just a fan in general felt that anout metal today. I guess if you consider the pinacle of metal today to be the mainstream stuff like Slipknot, Metallica, Lamb of God, whatever, sure. But check out the following bands and you may be suprised by the artistic value, musicianship, and innovation present

>Leviathan
>Gnaw Their Tongues
>Godflesh
>Darkspace
>Nails
>Bell Witch

I'm happy I gave metal a try, cuz its honestly great
>>
>>59605988
How do 12 year olds behave?
Like they're not neurotically self conscious and afraid to have a good time?
EPIX CRINGE BRUG BRUH
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.