[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ironically bad cover >skinny white trustfund kid ironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: FRONTCOVER.jpg (413KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FRONTCOVER.jpg
413KB, 1000x1000px
>ironically bad cover
>skinny white trustfund kid ironically pretending to be black
>makes shitty parodies ("tributes") to old school mephis hip hop

So people like this terrible album ironically, right? Why are all his fans skinny white kids that like to pretend to be black and talk like retards?

Is Mane racist for stealing hip hop and making it an ironic joke?
>>
MTI isn't an "ironic joke". if you wanna attack one of his albums for being that, go shittalk Playaz Circle. I love Ugly Mane to death but Playaz Circle is honestly one of the worst albums I've ever heard
>>
>>55388642
>not ironic
It's ironic poser garbage. His white fans think its so funny and cool how he makes that "90s dirty south negro shit xD". Just the latest white kid bandwagon who will be forgotten in a couple of months, Nothing else to see here.

I despise people who create and listen to music ironically. It's the lowest form of expression. LUM and his fans are the true racists, they take the 90s black southern rap aesthetic and mock it. Look at the album cover, you just know they were thinking LOL ISNT THAT FUNNY GUYS LOOK HOW GHETTO IT LOOKS! HAHA LETS GO LISTEN TO VAMPIRE WEEKEND!

I have nothing against white rappers, only against faggots who can't come up with a original idea so they stick to mocking others through irony instead. Lil Ugly Mane is everything that is wrong with music.

I listen to LUM, HAHA LOOK HOW QUIRKY AND ZANY I AM, HAHA LOL I LUV IRONY IN MUSIC LIL UGLY MANE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE IM BLACK AND GHETTO ITS SO TONGUE IN CHEEK I LUV IT! I LOVE MUSIC THATS INAUTHENTIC AND DEVOID OF SUBSTANCE! Because it's much more entertaining to mock music and pretend you're joking instead of actually trying to create great music, right?

He's totally legit "from da hood ass nigga" and not just mocking the memphis rap image and style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1vIxt-fMM that's some thug shit
>>
>>55388642
>>55388696
He's obviously a white kid from an upper class background and the only reason he chose to use that art style is because it makes fun of the 'ignant" album covers of the 90s that rappers made because they had no other option, that is how they expressed themselves genuinely. White kids like LUM look at that and say "Haha those covers look so ghetto and kitschy! Wouldn't it be so funny if we made a rap album with pitch shifted vocals and a ghetto ass nigga as fuck cover like that xD" HE doesn't come from that life, he acknowledges that he could make something that is more aesthetically appealing, but he still chooses to use that art style for the irony and novelty factor.

It's just cheap and a reflection of who he is as an artist.

I'm just sick of people using gimmicks like that to hide their lack of trying to do anything remotely original. I look at musicians like Lil Ugly mane in the same category as Weird Al Yankovic and other comedy musicians, there is nothing real there, just jokes.

And I know he's at least upper middle class because white kids from the ghetto don't have edgy noise bands that play at large venues for national acts. Probably got daddy to lend him some money to open up for a band there.

And I like a lot of white rappers. I hate Lil ugly Bitch because he's just another hipster faggot using shitty gimmicks.

I even have more respect for Lil B. He's at least a lot more genuine.
>>
>>55388626
Y r u so butthurt, OP?
>>
>>55388696
>>55388708
agreed but keep down around mu
>>
File: [HSSSSSSSS intensifies].jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
[HSSSSSSSS intensifies].jpg
2KB, 125x120px
>>55388626
>>55388696
>>55388708

oh my god shut the fuck up you no fun allowed cracker
>>
shite hes got like 3 good songs
>>
>>55388626
who gives a fuck
>>
itt: haoles
>>
>>55388626
>white kids that like to pretend to be black and talk like retards?
You just described all of white hip hop fans, including people here on /mu/.
>>
>>55388626
b8

>>55388642
also b8
>>
>>55388993
fuck off gook
>>
Say what you will but Lil Ugly Mane makes this music out of genuine admiration for the southern hip-hop style; he puts a lot of work into the beats and lyrics, it's not dumb "nigga nigga nigga lmao" like you would expect from a mockery album.
>stealing hip hop
Oh wait, should have read the whole post.
>>
>>55388708
at least attack vaporwave if youre going to attack LUM. Same "lel so ironic XD" aesthetic.
>>
>ironically bad cover
what's bad about it?
>skinny white trustfund blah blah
why would that matter in music?
>parodies
not a parody, not a tribute, it's his take on the genre he loves
>>
>>55388696
in 2009 he was touring with a noise band, that's probably it
i don't think he's ironic at all, just a little self-aware
lil ugly mane i feel is a character the same way quasimoto is a character for madlib, and i wouldn't call quasimoto ironic. mista thug isolation is a fucking solid album imo just because of how much he fine-tunes things. on surface level, it can seem little more than a parody, but the textures and samples he uses are fucking great, way too time-evident to be considered on the same level as yung lean. evidently, i'm nowhere-near as versed in the memphis scene as you, but just try to approach music from a different perspective than the one you hold, and things in general. i'm a fucking right-wing catholic who's never touched any drug and i like danny brown.
>>
>>55389091
>Same "lel so ironic XD" aesthetic.
It takes at least some work to do what LUM does. His production chops are very strong. I will respect him for that if nothing else.
>>
>>55388696
>>55388708

I see your point but I don't think it comes from a place of mockery, I think he legitimately enjoys and probably to some extent identifies with that particular style of lo-fi, violent, occult themed rap. I can definitely see how you could say hes derivative of that style of music but I honestly think he takes it and evolves to some extent. I'm honestly not a huge fan of his music doe.
>>
>>55388696
>>55388708
on point
>>
>>55389178
No don't get me wrong I like Ugly mane. I'm just saying why doesn't OP attack the artists that are doing something similar and even worse in my opinion. I don't mind the pen and pixel art. I feel like it's an homage, not a piss take. His music is great either way so Idgaf
>>
>>55389038
racist isnt tolerated on mu anymore man
>>
>>55389224
Vaporwave doen't have an underlying racial element to it's mockery.

Lil Ugly Mane is from Richmond, a very segregated city. When a white kid from Richmond wearing death metal shirts comes up with something like this you know where his intentions are.
>>
im not sure if butthurt nigger or troll
>>
>>55389251
and I already said, I don't think he does it as mockery. I think it's an homage to that style. Plus, do you know his story? I doubt it.
>>
>>55389251
>Vaporwave doen't have an underlying racial element to it's mockery.
Of course it does. It exotifies and appropriates Asian (particularly Japanese) iconography.

>When a white kid from Richmond wearing death metal shirts comes up with something like this you know where his intentions are.
Guy is cosigned by plenty of black guys in his scene and he's got history in the art scene there. You shouldn't speak to his intentions when you don't even know him.
>>
>>55389331
>Guy is cosigned by plenty of black guys in his scene

What are Uncle Toms trying to get 15 seconds of fame.

>implying I don't know him
>>
>>55389355
>implying i'm not his roommate
dude is like, legit, ya know?
>>
>>55389391
Back in the VCU days he was a noise cracker. Everything about him is fake and he knows it, that's why he quit.
>>
>>55389355
>What are Uncle Toms trying to get 15 seconds of fame.
right. so there's just no winning with you. you want him to be a racist hipster so that's what he'll be.

there are guys that rep him and get nothing out of it. but if you didn't know, guys that are already famous/more famous than him rep him too. i think even killer mike has said something bout him.

guy is very familiar about what he purportedly "steals." guy has talent. guy is backed by other artists in his community and beyond his community. yes, him being white has something to do with it, but you can't deny the rest on account of that. there's no comparison to the fuckgenre that's vaporwave. that shit is all talentless hackery and full-blown retrofetishism, exoticism, and cultural misappropriation for nothing more than internet cred.
>>
>ain't no vest you can buy that could put over your flesh
>that could protect you from the best
>man, i'm talented at death
>>
>>55389408
>Back in the VCU days he was a noise cracker. Everything about him is fake and he knows it, that's why he quit.
Are you also a musician in the scene?
>>
>>55388696
>>55388708
where do you get the idea that he's mocking the style? the whole aesthetic/stylistic quirks of the genre are so faithfully represented in his post-playaz circle (which he's pretty much disowned) works that it's inconceivable to me that ugly mane isn't totally in love with the genre. what's even better is that he's begun to build onto the typical genre tropes, leading to some real progression for the genre
>>
i feel u hes kinda trash
>>
>>55389251
>>55389442

People can be apart of more than one scene. It makes sense that someone who is into black metal and noise would also like Memphis rap. It honestly sounds like you have some hang ups about race you need to get over.
>>
>>55389487
>It makes sense that someone who is into black metal and noise would also like Memphis rap.

this is true. the emotional foundation behind these genres are similar.
>>
>>55389484
>where do you get the idea that he's mocking the style?
In that guy's defense. many of LUM's listeners think it's ironic. Moreover there's a level of separation between memphis rap and LUM's shit. LUM himself acknowledges that i think. he makes it as a fan and listener more than anything. That distance can easily be confused for satirization because of the naturally overblown nature of the genre.
>>
>>55388696
accurate
>>
>>55389442
pretty much what this dude said
he even said cultural misappropriation unironically and i agree with him
i could literally give you undeniable proof that he is genuine and you would still try to hold your argument
>>55389408
>he was into noise several years ago, so he must not like hip-hop CHECKMATE
that's like saying "he liked pop-punk in high school, no way he unironically enjoys swans"
why limit yourself to one genre? pretty much all genres of music can be good
also your unironic use of the word cracker is weirding me out dude. are you trying to use his race to undermine him, even though you said earlier you had nothing against white guys in hip-hop? make up your mind bro
>>
>>55388626
i genuinely like the cover
and the music
the concept is cool too. music is never made ironically. thats impossible. its pretty beautiful, to me.
>>
>>55389534
this is true and unfortunate, but it shouldn't take much to move past the initial impressions and get to the core of the work

just listening to uneven compromise or doing an evil deed should be enough to dissolve the LEL SO IRONIC image these guys have so hastily constructed
>>
>>55389674
I think the fact that he ended the LUM project instead of milking the fuck out of it when he obviously could've is evidence enough that he has some integrity as artist.

idk. compare to someone like saint pepsi. still tries to call his shit "vaporwave" even though it's shitty house music and was never vaporwave. changes his name to avoid legal trouble. fashions himself some kind of "vaporwave ambassador." it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>55388626
>>>55388696
>ironically
>ironically
>ironic
>ironic
>ironically
>ironic
>irony
jesus christ, step away from /mu/ and go outside for 5 minutes
>>
>>55389771
nigga, i don't think st.pepsi even identifies with his future funk/vaporwave anymore what are u talking about?
>>
>>55388626
1) He was never "pretending to be black", you are racist as fuck for assuming "lol deep voice and violence = THE NEGROES" 2) he grew up in foster care and is a recovering heroin addict you fucking retard
>>
>>55389280
The only people who act like this and genuinely believe it are suburban white kids
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.