[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Godspeed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

is there really no thread about the new godspeed album? wtf is wrong with you guys
>>
That's because p4k and Fantano panned the living fuck out of that album.
>>
It's cause it's not very good :/
It's really formulaic, which sucks for post-rock.
>>
the first song bored me so I turned it off
>>
lol are you guys fucking serious

>>54932691
who the fuck cares? please tell me fantano/p4k ratings don't actually affect how you feel about an album

>>54932696
>formulaic
how so?
>>
>>54933147
It just seems really like... Conventional, far too straightforward. No real atmosphere. It just kind of sounds like they are going through the motions.
>>
>>54932696
>formulaic

Wtf? It has two drone tracks and very well-built orchestral closer that doesn't fall into the crescendo-core category.
>>
the last track is worth the admittedly sub-par other three
>>
>>54933169
Yeah and unfortunately the drone tracks are the only worthwhile tracks on the album. Just like on ADBA
>>
>>54933317
>Mladic
>Not worthwhile
Literally how.
>>
>>54933317
>we drift like worried fire
>not worthwhile

that's a good song. driven with great recapitulation and all.
>>
>>54933317
Mladic is literally their crowning achievement [spoiler] okay that's exaggerating[/spoiler]
>>
>>54933317
>Mladic and We Drift Like Worried Fire
>not worthwhiile
we listening tot he same songs?
>>
>>54933347
>>54933383
>>54933450
i think we should go bowling or something.
>>
I liked it, happily listened to it more than once. But there's no way in satan's asshole that this will go down as a single person's favorite GY!BE album.

It's a less spirited, shorter version of what they've already done. Identical in sound to all their other albums, with less ideas going on. I'm convinced after three full listens that I've explored every intricacy the album has to offer.
>>
>>54933512
you're right. i think the criticism i'm seeing here is simply because of who they are. is this their weakest album? possibly. but even their weakest album is far better than anything anyone else is doing in this style. i mean it's got to say something when a band releases their shortest, most straight forward album of their career and it will still end up in numerous end of the year lists. criticize all you want, we all know that although this doesn't reach the heights of their first few albums, this is still far better than most other albums released this year, or even the past few years for that matter.

even at their worst, godspeed are better than most. goodnight.
>>
anyone have a nonrip version of this?
>>
>>54932691
Don't forget Marcel. He gave it a 5/10.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.