[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What podcasts do you listen to, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 14

File: bill_burr-062-021.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bill_burr-062-021.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
What podcasts do you listen to, /mu/?
>>
OL BILLY REDFACE'S OF COURSE
so happy he's got the thursday one too!!!
>>
No Such Thing As A Fish
Without it I'd be a very boring person
>>
none cause i'm not a fucking shill who listens to corporate broadcasts
>>
music podcasts? none, and i don't think i'll ever will
non-music podcasts? the doug stanhope podcast mostly
>>
Comedy Bang Bang
Ben & Skin of 105.3 The Fan

I don't listen to music podcasts. I didn't even realize that was a thing to be honest.
>>
File: _1415376758_cover.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
_1415376758_cover.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
for music podcasts, just the great Stay Hatin.

non-music: The Flop House, MBMBAM, Filmspotting.
>>
>>54360809
That.
Double Toasted
Kinda Funny
A couple IGN podcasts every now and then
>>
>>54360809
Lapsed Fan
Four Player Podcast
>>
The Steve Austin Podcast and that's about it
>>
Painkiller Already. It used to be centered around video games, but now it's literally about anything. I love it.
>>
>>54360940
Stone cold Steven Austin? He has a podcast?
>>
>>54360982
Yep
>>
>>54361009
Damn that's cool
>>
>>54361198
i dunno, i feel as wrestling podcasts go, Chris Jericho's and especially Colt Cabana's are the better picks.
>>
This thread is not music please don't respond get this non music thread OFF OF MY BOARD
>>
Uhh Yeah Dude... Seatbelts
>>
>>54360809
The Daily Shoah
The Joe Rogan Experience
Freakonomics
>>
>>54361222
How do each compare? Do they just reminisce their wrestling days or do they talk about politics or pop culture "news", or they talk about who they are?
>>
>>54361287
A bit of everything, they usually have guests on from wrestling and elsewhere. I prefer Austins cos Jericho is kind of cringe worthy to listen to personally but he has good guests on too
>>
only knoxkast
>>
The Bailey Jay Show
The Morning After...
Night People
>>
>>54360809
Why is Bill so based?

>JUST A GOOD OLE BOY
>>
The B.S. Report is a free flowing conversation that occasionally touches on mature subjects
>>
Comedy Bang Bang

Bill Burr and WTF on occasion
>>
Bill Burr
Joe Rogan
Sports podcasts
>>
File: 1415657425033.jpg (168KB, 970x840px) Image search: [Google]
1415657425033.jpg
168KB, 970x840px
>>54361277
>>54361662
>>
I listen to WTF when I care about the interview guest.
>>
My Brother My Brother and Me can be pretty good.
Giantbombcast, Comedy Bang Bang,
Never Not Funny, and We Hate Movies
>>
>>54360809

shit his rant at the people of philadelphia is hilarious
>>
Hollywood Handbook is the patricians choice
>>
File: henry&heidi.jpg (3KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
henry&heidi.jpg
3KB, 170x170px
>>
>>54360944
fuck kyle
>>
Doug Loves Movies
You Made It Weird (probably my favorite, Pete Holmes is the bomb)
Monday Morning Podcast
Comedy Bing Bong
Nerdist and WTF if they have a good guest.
>>
WTF with Marc Maron and The Nerdist when guests are interesting(haven't for a while though). Bill Burr podcast every now and then.
Radiolab
Stuff You Should Know
Some Philosophical ones(Michael Sandel: The Public Philosopher is great though more of a radio program than podcast)
just tried Giant Bombs alt+f1 last week which was great although it seems like other episodes will cost money...
Joe Rogan Experience when interesting quests
Co-Optional podcast
Also some Opie and Anthony stuff from youtube(radio show) and some Opie and Jim Norton
and just try some different podcasts with different themes I'm interested every now and then
>>
The Morning Stream
Cheap Ass Gamer
The Russell Brand Podcast (it's finally back after 6 years thank the lord)
>>
white heterosexual male sports opinion podcast
white heterosexual male comedy opinion podcast
white homosexual male sex discussion podcast
>>
>The Best Show
>Bill Burr
>Comedy Bang Bang
>Harmontown
Sometimes I'll check out Nerdist or WTF but it depends on the guest
>>
The Joe Rogan Podcast and the Joey Diaz Podcast
>>
>>54361701

Christ, this is brilliant.
>>
>>54360831
local comic from here in Peoria, IL guest hosted that. his name's Brett Erickson. He's fucking garbage.
>>
Podcasts I only to when interesting guests are on:

Nerdist*
WTF with Marc Maron
Joe Rogan Experience

Podcasts I listen to when an interesting topic is discussed:

This American Life
Freakonomics
Intelligence Squared Debates

Podcasts I listen to regularly:

Planet Money
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
The Brilliant Idiots

*Anyone else find Chris Hardwick's self-affirming "proud2ba NERD" shtick annoying?
>>
>>54364081
I'm trying to get into The Best Show. Are these new episodes so far representative of its potential?
>>
>>54364476
Can't stand Hardwick, he makes it hard to listen when guests I'm interested in are on.
>>
File: bonezone.jpg (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bonezone.jpg
92KB, 300x300px
the best podcast. the bonezone.
>>
I tried The Best Show. Then I realized it didn't include the music so I quit.
>>
>>54364476
>*Anyone else find Chris Hardwick's self-affirming "proud2ba NERD" shtick annoying?

It used to bother me. Seeing him try so hard to be "in" with the "nerds" and internet culture just seemed so phony and obnoxious, until I realized that he actually is one of those fucking meme spouting awkward nerds you come across sometimes, who just happened to get famous. It's still annoying, I just no longer question his sincerity with it.
>>
>>54361701
I lel'd
>>
>>54361262
Seatbelts.
>>
Huh, this is actually an awesome thread. I rarely see podcasts discussed, unless it's on another podcast.

Anyway:
Hello Internet
Radiolab
Serial (whenever it'll come back)
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (every once in a while)
Autocomplete
Sonic Talk
>>
Cracked Podcast (all the good writers and none of the freelancers)
Giant Bombcast
Laser Time (talk about old cartoons n shit, drunk)
WTF sometimes but only if Im interested
Harmontown every week, probably my favorite.
>>
>>54365546
>Harmontown
Just watched the doc, is it worth jumping in this late?
>>
The Comedy Button
Podcast Beyond!

Been relistening to old Podtoids for a while as well. Only really ever listen to gaming podcasts (save TCB)
>>
File: 1397258027214.jpg (14KB, 191x214px) Image search: [Google]
1397258027214.jpg
14KB, 191x214px
>>54360921
>Double toasted
MY FUCKING NIGGA
>>
>>54364476

Forgot to add in Radiolab to the second list. I'm also halfway through Serial.
>>
>>54365662
second half's eh, provides some sort of closure but is mostly just wild speculation.
>>
>>54365576
I only started back in september (I listened all the way back to june though) and I really like it. If you're a fan of communit/chanel 21/rick and morty its a good insight into his life and if you already watched the documentary you know all of the regular hosts. Only thing you need to know is Dan and Erin got married.
Also if that's the kind of comedy that interests you I suggest lasertime, it can be hard to get into but they're really funny and the polar opposite of memespounting stuff like nerdist. And most of the episodes dont have time sensitive topics so its just whatever interests you.
>>
The Brilliant Idiots
Double toasted
Co-optional podcast ( I need a new video game podcast)
The sleepy cast
I listened to bill burr once or twice wasn't bad. Is marc maron any good? I hear about him a lot, but I've only seen his special Thinky Pain.
>>
>>54360944
i knew there had to be other /mu/tants that watched PKA
>>
Stuff You Should Know
Giant Bomb
Idle Thumbs
Hardcore History
Watch Out For Fireballs
Bonfireside Chat
>>
>>54365796
>( I need a new video game podcast)

Have you tried Video Games Hot Dog?
>>
File: miranda great.jpg (104KB, 952x653px) Image search: [Google]
miranda great.jpg
104KB, 952x653px
>>54365817
>Bonfireside Chat

Muh nigga!

Have you tried Twin Humanities (another Dark Souls podcast)?
>>
>>54365796
Giant Bombcast
Vidjagame Apocalypse

Bombcast is long if thats what you're looking for, vidjagame apocalypse is pretty off the rails and typically a whole lot of fun.
>>
>>54365727

That's disappointing. Although, from what I've heard the podcast has had an effect on the actual case. There's also an HBO show that documented a cold case and actually led to an arrest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jinx_%28miniseries%29
>>
What are some good general media podcasts?
>>
>>54364766
You have to listen live, nerd. Or Listen to the Archive. Tonight. 9PM
>>
sleepycast.
>>
Tell em Steve Dave and Jonah raydio mostly.
>>
>>54366023
I gave Vidjagam Apocalypse a good shot when it first started but I didn't find it all that great. The problem I had with it is the hosts seem kind of stupid. M

May I ask what you like about it?
>>
>>54365911
>>54366023
Will try them out.Thanks guys.
>>
Sleepycast
>>
>>54366586
Its a continuation of an old show they did at gamesradar. Chris and Tyler don't become weekly hosts until like 40 episodes in and theyre the best part of it. Mikel isnt dumb at all I dont think he's a pretty big history buff, he definitely isnt the quickest. It might also be bacause they record at around 11pm and are drinking the whole time. Anyways I think they're pretty damn funny, whenever they have Bob or Michael Grim on its always hilarious. Their non videogame podcast laser time is probably my favorite cast just ahead of harmontown.
>>
>>54361701
i just noticed that feels guy actually kind of looks like joe rogan...
>>
>>54360809
Red Bar Radio
>>
>>54367021
I guess I can see the appeal. I got off on the wrong foot with them because their first episode was about which games have the best swearing and that was a little too high school for me
>>
>>54360809
This and Brilliant Idiots with Charlemagne, also and occasionally Joe Rogan or The Champs (but those depend on the guest)
>>
>>54368386
The top fives are usually just an excuse to talk about smaller or older games. Mind you they make almost no money off of the podcast and it isnt their actual jobs so usually its supposed to be a little stupid. Also the top fives are usually only about a third of the show.
>>
>>54360809
Bill Burr looks like a foreskin these days.
>>
File: duncantrussell.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
duncantrussell.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
open up your love tendrils
>>
>>54366023
giant bomb isnt the same without Ryan Davis :(
>>
>>54368797
>>54368871
i also listen to Alex Jones lol hes pretty entertaining
>>
>>54366928
YES
>>
>>54366216
live? what is this the 1900s.
>>
does Welcome to Night Vale count as a podast?
i also listen to No Such Thing As A Fish, Comedy Bang-Bang, Sleepycast, and Two On the Vine
>>
The Comedy Button is crazy.
>>
>>54368871
I think thats a pretty mean thing to say regarding the other members. Ryan was great, and of course we all miss him, but the guys do a great job. Dan has kind of become the flagship presence for me.
>>
>>54369126
>does Welcome to Night Vale count as a podast?

No, because everyone downloads them and tells themselves that one of these days they're going to listen to them all from start to finish but they always find another podcast to listen to first and new podcasts keep jumping to the top of their lists and so on and so on and then they die in the desert under mysterious circumstances with a strange light in the distance.
>>
to all those who listen to stuff you should know, please explain why josh clark is best host
>>
>>54369357
the shows still good and can be funny at times but ryan was just a bag of lulz and drove the show, but i mainly come back for geoff now that vinnys off the show
>>
>>54369790
wow that looks like a 12 year boy wrote it smh
>>
i've been listening to a lot of politcal bullcrap podcasts but then i get really angry and start yelling at nobody while i'm working and have to stop
>>
>>54369790
Davis was a cut above. He was one of the funniest guys in podcasts, so I'm not surprised not loving Giant Bomb anymore now that he's gone.

I still listen to GB though. Dan's pretty cool. And... I could take or leave Vinny.
>>
>>54368797
HEY MYAN BUY MY FAKE POSTERS MYAN
>>
>>54365776
cool, not sure about the whole "live show" feel, but I'll definitely give it a chance.
>>
99 percent invisible is the best podcast ever made. Nothing even comes close.
>>
>>54370001
i cant really stand Dans ignorance, stop listening to lynard skynard and learn somthing you fuck
>>
>>54365796
>>54366230
>>54366928
Mah niggas
>>
>>54360809
Mega64
Go Home Show
Radiolab
Joe Rogan
Steve Austin once in awhile
Colt Cabana just for CM Punk
>>
File: 206_1000.jpg (148KB, 1000x782px) Image search: [Google]
206_1000.jpg
148KB, 1000x782px
http://stanhope.libsyn.com
>>
>>54361701

fucking beautiful
>>
>>54367893
This, Wreckless Media Radio and Wisenheimers
But all of these shows are p much dead now.
>>
File: mega64.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
mega64.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>54371194
yes Mega64 top notch comedy :)
>>
>>54360822
nothing came out this monday tho?
>>
>>54368797
this shit right here is next level tho, dude talks to hippies and shit about alternate dimensional beings lol
>>
The Gist
MMP
CBB
Dan Carlin's various outputs
The Bugle
No agenda
WTF
>>
everything from Duckfeed
>>
>>54366230
My nigguh. Same here. Really hilarious fucking podcast. Glad stamper was back for the most recent episode. I want to get into my brother, my brother, and me, which episode should I start at to get a general idea of what to expect? Also I listen to nightvale as well.
>>
>>54371554
yes everyone should listen to Duncan Trussel he will enlighten your mind the guy is a genius
>>
>>54371911
everyone should listen to my boy OLD BW of the BONEZONE impersonate duncan trussel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5hCrnRbs4
>>
>>54371815
If you want to show someone a regular episode of the sleepy cast then show them "batten down the hatches". Half of it is just a Zack and stamper arguing on whether or not sucking your own dick is gay.
>>
>>54360828
>>54365546
>>54364081
>>54369126
>>54371678
mah nosuchwithasafish/bugle/harmontown niggas. Plus mark kermode [spoiler]for the banter[/spoiler]
>>
>>54371258
Dude i love you . Ive never seen any one mention wisenheimers before. That shit was formative for my sense of humor yptam is a comedic genius.
>>
foreally show with rude jude from shade 45
dan carlin's hardcore history
bill burr
>>
>>54360829
Do you know what a podcast is?
>>
>>54370886
calm down dude he's just not into music like we are, if you can't handle that you're a child.
>>
>>54372093
that one is fucking great
>>
Right now only Comedy Bang Bang

Listened to all of Serial though and loved it

On another note, fuck bill burr. what an overrated niggy
>>
>>54361701
fucking done
>>
>>54364079
go back to tumblr
>>
Any death grips podcasts?
>>
>>54373570
kek eat shit faggot
>>
>>54369147
Mah raccoon loving niggas
>>
japanese pod 101
bbc world news

comedy podcasts are the worst, not a single one is funny
>>
>>54375516
>comedy podcasts are the worst, not a single one is funny

Complete and utter bullshit
>>
>>54364525
sort of, not its full potential. a lot of the old whack jobs that would call WFMU don't know the show is back or where to call. The fanbase has kind of taken a hit, but its still there and building up. Part of the problem is that he takes so many calls that if the calls suck the show is only as good as the shitty calls. Guests have been ok so far, stick with it or grab some old WFMU podcasts, it should get better though
>>
No one mentioned The Wandering Wolf with Yoni Wolf of Why? or Open Mike Eagle's Secret Skin but both are great music podcasts
>>
The only gaming podcasts I listen to are old-school like WOFF and Retronauts.
>>
>>54371258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKGOEJ1X53c

red bars coming back soon though
>>
>Kreative Kontrol with Vish Khanna
If you like interviews with musicians, you'll love this. Stephen Malkmus, Bob Nastanovich, Bonnie Prince Billy, John Darnielle. The Bob interview is very insightful into the world of Pavement and Silver Jews. Man I wish there was a David Berman podcast interview, but the dude is so reclusive. He lives in Nashville, I wonder how rare it would be to attempt to hit the guy up...
>>
File: jumpmen-podcast-large1.jpg (167KB, 630x315px) Image search: [Google]
jumpmen-podcast-large1.jpg
167KB, 630x315px
The only Podcast a pleb like me will ever need.
>>
>>54375886

i would listen to woff if the hosts weren't a bunch of skeletons. they're bone-rattling annoys the fuck out of me and i'm tired of all these podcast hosts with no backbone. nothing but a pair of empty skulls.

No seriously, WOFF is my favourite podcast since they gave a genius run-down of Planescape Torment and the MacVenture games.
>>
Just Retsutalk, because I've been following those idiots since day 1 and I'm addicted to their SJW drama. They've always got a groovy intro as well.
>>
File: green lantern hamboigahs.jpg (27KB, 264x351px) Image search: [Google]
green lantern hamboigahs.jpg
27KB, 264x351px
>>54376137
>the hosts are skeletons
>>
>>54368871
>Ryan Davis

Holy shit. I had no idea he passed away. I used to love the Giant Bomb guys, but as I got older I gradually stopped playing video games. Wow, that sucks. Was it due to his weight?
>>
The Roosterteeth podcast is pretty funny sometimes
>>
>>54375881
those and untitled kondabolu brothers podcast are pretty much the only ones i listen to
>>
>>54376228
He had sleep apnea and one afternoon he took a nap on the couch without his breathing mask on and he suffocated to death.
>>
Radiolab
Marc Maron
Smoking Tire
Hooniverse
AMMONYC
Sawbones
Stuff You Missed in History
Monday Morning Podcast

And Dan Carlin's motherfucking Hardcore History.

Seriously, everyone should listen to Hardcore History and the extra shows.
>>
>>54361701
HAHAAHAa
>>
>>54376369

Jesus Christ, that sounds horrifying.
>>
File: katia sob.gif (5KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
katia sob.gif
5KB, 600x450px
No love for Idle Thumbs?
>>
File: Annie sad.jpg (35KB, 255x262px) Image search: [Google]
Annie sad.jpg
35KB, 255x262px
>>54376681
Forgot to mention, he and his wife were on their honeymoon.
>>
>>54376747

That really fucking sucks. Obesity is no joke.
>>
ANALYZE PHISH

WHEN I FINISH ALL OF THEM I RELISTEN

RIP HARRIS
>>
The Best Show (imagine a 40-something /mu/tant who hated Billy Joel with a podcast)
High Society Radio
Black Tequila Trill Hour
How Did This Get Made
Comedy Bang Bang
>>
Cracked is probably my favorite, always interesting
Brilliant Idiots
Austin and Jim Ross have the best wrestler podcasts (by actual wrestlers). Jericho is a tool and his music is trash
A few other wrestling podcasts such as Cheap Heat and FTW (Fans Talk Wrestling)(I grew up on that shit, it's a hard habit to break)
The Read is funny sometimes
I have a lot of others downloaded that I need to try but there's not enough hours in the day
>>
>>54361701
who /heem/ here?
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.