[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Needs 10 musicians to be in the room with him before he makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: sourced2.jpg (203KB, 823x546px) Image search: [Google]
sourced2.jpg
203KB, 823x546px
>Needs 10 musicians to be in the room with him before he makes a simple beat
>Multiple ghostwriters
>Mediocre flow and bad breath control

So we all agree that Kanye is the most overrated rapper of all time?
>>
>>53153415
No
>>
>>53153434
Who is then?
>>
>albums have good music on them
>from multiple people
>Kanye is in the forefront as the genius even though his input is questionable besides rapping at this point in his career
I don't give a fuck
>>
>>53153444
Eminem
>>
>>53153444
Mackelmore, probably.
>>
>>53153434

pack it up boys thread over
>>
>>53153455
Awful opinion to have

SSLP, MMLP and TES are all solid and classic rap albums. He has one of the most versatile flows in hip-hop and is one of the most technical rappers of all time in terms of lyricism.
>>
And what's up with Stanley Kubrick, he needed all those people to help him make his movies. What a hack.
>>
Biggie
>>
>>53153751
Possibly the most retarded thing I've read on /mu/ , ever
>>
>>53153873
I'm pretty sure he's being retarded on purpose in that post to mock the OP.
>>
>>53153723
He's pretty average in comparison to other hip hop artists, yet gets hailed as the greatest rapper of all time by people who aren't even into hip hop.
I'd say he's the definition of overrated.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_naub9fODwt1sr6i1t.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_naub9fODwt1sr6i1t.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>53153415
>kanye
>ghostwriters
>>
>>53153751
While I kind of agree with >>53153873 (and I know this post is sarcastic), this is interesting I think. I do think that musicians shouldn't have to rely on too many other people to produce their stuff though. Of course with a band you'll have multiple people, but solo artists (people who are called their own name, though that's not true of all solo artists) should have more creative control. I don't think things like session musicians are a bad thing but if Kanye really does have ghostwriters then I think that that is an issue.

I don't understand why it's "rockist" to expect a musician to have a good deal of control over what is being credited under their own name. I don't think a solo artist should be required to do every single thing themselves (like the Kubrick example, there are other people in the credits) but the writing and a good deal of the actual making of the music should be held to the person whose name the music is credited under.
>>
>>53153415
of course he is, but not just for those reasons
>>
>>53153723
>Not thinking Relapse is good
How's denial-land
>>
>>53154599
Relapse, really?
>>
>>53153415
>Sufjan needs like 200 hundred artists on stage with him
>What a hack
(I hope sufjan doesn't take this seriously and not marry me)
>>
>>53154638
Easily his best
>>
File: 24504.jpg (274KB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
24504.jpg
274KB, 1672x1672px
>>53154657
>>
>>53153723
those albums are garbage for children
>>
>>53154687
so is kanye's discography
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.